Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. That0neguy Augur

That is how you feel, not how everyone feels. I could argue that killing a 100 mobs is more enjoyable then killing 20 because you are bored killing those 20. At least with 100 you are moving around and doing stuff.

There are a million different ways to make the game more enjoyable, which would be a good thing imo. But people who want to nerf DPS to get a more "classic" feel need to own everything that made eq "classic" and not cherry pick the ones they want.
    Critt likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Nah, I call BS on this argument. I am allowed to have a more nuanced opinion than this. It is not inconsistent to desire there to be some difficulty in the game, without desiring all the things that made EQ suck during the first few years. Losing corpses bugged in walls because the GM didn't respond quickly enough? Screw that. That isn't challenging or fun. But, having to actually work, strategize, and optimize to beat content? Yes, please.

You can disagree all you want, but you don't get to just dismiss the opinions of people who want something different than you do.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

There are servers that are further ahead than Velious. maybe one of them, then?

I'm in a small guild, I like being in a small guild and raiding with them, I enjoy being able to do stuff in era, with less than 40 people, please stop advocating to kill my guilds ability to raid because you think things aren't hard enough.
  4. Ronzark Augur

Bye DBG. This nerf thing is just getting too far out of hand. You guys have actual bugs and issues that have been in the game for 19 years that people complain about daily, but this is what you spend your time on?

4 accounts. All cancelled today. I will hang out with my friends for the remainder of my subs, but I'm done with the continual derogation of fun on TLP.

SOE ruined EQ and DBG ruined TLP. I'm convinced the devs want to shut down this game.

Peace out, enjoy the endless nerfs.

..!.. to the flamers.
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

So... recruit fewer people? If you only need 25 people to do the raids why did you recruit 54?
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Your stuff, can I has?
  7. Machentoo Augur

Having been through a server where we struggled with attrition for years and finally didn't have enough people to press on and defeat the content, I'd prefer to keep as many people in my guild as I possibly can, thank you. That day will eventually come on Phinigel, and at this rate, people will be crying for devs to redesign the raids so they can be done with 10 people instead of 25.
  8. That0neguy Augur

And what about those of us who determine that it is fun for us to faceroll the mobs? You are dismissingthat opinion so you can have "challenging mobs".
  9. Machentoo Augur

Not dismissing you, but I will argue against your position all day. You can keep supporting your stance all you want, and I will never call you irrelevant or say your position doesn't count because you're hypocrites.
  10. Kahna Augur

So, you over recruit and then complain the content is too easy? Do you even hear what you are saying. You only feel comfortable when you have 2x the number of folks needed to complete raids. So if raids required 54 to complete would you keep 54? Or would you keep a roster 108 deep so that you feel comfortable that attrition won't impede your ability to keep playing? You would still have to split raids if they required 54 to kill, since you feel the need to over recruit to combat attrition.

Your problem isn't with content difficulty.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Serious question though.

EQ has to this point generally been a game where only 5-10% of all players are able to complete everything. There are other games where 90% of players can complete everything. If you find it fun to complete things that 90% of players are able to complete, why not go play those games? If facerolling mobs is fun, there are a TON of games that let you faceroll mobs. EQ is one of the few games ever that doesn't, generally. Or hasn't, until the last two years.

Is it because you used to be not able to and now you are? Does it give you a sense of competence and success to succeed where you used to fail? This is not meant to be a flame at all, serious question.
  12. Machentoo Augur

When raids required 54, yes we tried to keep a roster about 100 players deep, because not everyone shows up every night.
  13. Kahna Augur

Then I really don't see what the difference is. 25 or 54 so long as it is a challenge. You still have to keep double the roster, you still have to split when everyone shows up, you still get a fun fight that requires you to pay attention and play well. What does the size of the raid force have to do with anything? Requiring a larger force is just going to bring that lovely attrition demon knocking on your door that much sooner.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Not at all. I played on live from Launch till TBS with a few breaks. Completed most of the content in era.
    As for other games, if you are talking about WoW that's not accurate either. Sure they have Looking for Raid and stuff that everyone can complete. But less then 10% of the community there completes tier's mythic boss. Which would be what I consider completing everything.

Does it matter why I enjoy facerolling raids if I find it fun? Why should I go play some other game.

Can't really explain why its fun to faceroll stuff, but everyone has fun doing that. Why do you think so many people visit out of era content when they can destroy it? But at the same time I would also enjoy the encounters being difficult and challenging.

Maybe they should go the path of WoW and have Normal Mode and Hard Mode. One has MoTM and one doesn't.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

Do you really believe that only 5 or 10% of the player base should be able to see raid content? because that sounds awful.
    Risiko likes this.
  16. malaki Augur

There's plenty of middle ground between everyone being able to 1 shot everything the first time through when an expansion is released with a half full raid and only 5-10 percent of people being able to complete the content in era. I don't think anyone is asking for bosses to be as difficult as Mythic raiding in WoW is but it's also not exactly unreasonable to have an opinion that TLP raiding is extremely low difficulty as gaming goes and that people might want it to be made less so.
    Machentoo likes this.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Never said that. But only 5-10% beating all raid content in era every expansion, yeah, that's about historically what it's been until recent years, and that seems about right to me.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

I Somewhat agree, but I consider making it harder for everyone, to please a few people who want to have it much harder than it is now to be excessive.

The people who think the raids are too easy, can make it harder for themselves. Wear older gear, raid with fewer people, raid _REALLY_ drunk. But to change the server entirely? To use a phrase I saw thrown around a lot from the people against removing truebox from Phinny

"You knew what you signed up for."
  19. Machentoo Augur

Considering it WAS harder for everyone, and they only just recently in the last few years made it easier, as a balance change specifically aimed at live, it isn't excessive to want them to just undo that for TLP's.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

A fair chunk of the difficulty of these mobs when they were released the first time was we had no idea what they did. we know now.

I'm in a small guild, the largest I've seen us raid with is about 45. we usually hit 25-35 characters in raid. We don't clear expansions in era, I'm Okay with that. But it annoys me when people are calling for everything to be made more difficult because the top end guilds that start expansions with the BIS gear for the previous expansion, multiple full raids every raid night, and pre-existing strats are rolling through content.

In my opinion, it's not a matter of our DPS is too high because of the innate AAs, It's a fundamental thing with Phinny. I've never known a group of players to be geared so well. even my little casual guild is geared far better than my character on live was at this point. With AoCs there's no loot scarcity, you can hit any target you can down every week, that leads to extremely well geared raids, probably better from classic to OoW than any other server in EQ history. which means far higher DPS, and easier content.
    Deadshade and snailish like this.