Can spells please be added to the NtoV dragon loot tables?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Samtan, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Voth Elder

One spell per dragon would be reasonable. I suggested this a few weeks ago when I did my bug report and feedback on the zone. I'd rather currency only be on the "progression" raids though.

There's also another option involved here. I imagine several guilds can clear everything except Vulak and maybe Vyemm and will just stop there for the week. You could just as easily approach them and request or buy a cleared DZ. I know I've offered this in the past for TFC but nobody ever seems to want it.
  2. Endiment Scale Tailed

He still summons them to him, where they'll then be permarooted on top of him.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Too bad ToV doesn't have it's own raid currency; then prices could be set appropriatly; but the reason I'd want currency there is so I have a real chance at getting an upgraded pet focus; and I don't believe any drop in ToV.

I started raiding with a guild doing VoA raids and got about 2/3rd of the way to a raid focus... then they switched to doing some ToV dragons, and slowly getting further on that murder investigation raid (got main target down to 48% before wiping to the adds last time)
  4. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

Create a separate ToV currency (call them something like Dragon's marks) that is not the same as the Velium Shard used for other T1 items. Award 10 per dragon kill. Set the base item cost (generic shoulder item or something) to like 200 and let it scale up from there. This way it wont dilute the other T1 raids and still allow those that put the time in to get something every week or so (provided a full clear).
  5. MrGPAC Augur

Give it a 50% chance of dropping 1 spell per dragon, 10% chance on aug, and give currency reward for clearing every non Vulak dragon (make it 20?). That would give extra incentive to take the time to kill Aary and Vyemm. As it stands now, my guild just skips Vyemm because of the unbalanced RvR that I keep hearing about...and half the reason we bother killing Aary is for the pride factor of not having to actively skip him.

~MrGPAC
  6. Hatsee Augur

Although people are asking for currency the only thing I can ask is why? Why does it need to be done?

You get more T1 loot than ever before if you do all T1 raids. If we get spells in the range of 1-2 that will be more than fair given how easy some of them fall over.

Do people need this currency? Or are they asking just for the sake of asking?
  7. Kurayami Augur

10 currency per dragon would indeed be too much, but about 2 or 3 per dragon would be just about right, maybe 5-10 for the harder ones like aaryonar, vulak, vyemm. I really don't understand why they don't drop spells at all, or have no chance of dropping the cultural aug. This would make farming this area much more bearable.
  8. Ronak Augur

Adding spells should mean guaranteed at least 1 per dragon imo. If you want to go 2, fine, but random chance for x spells is bad. The RNG is always a fickle thing, it's why they put in currency and vendors in the first place, to get around it.

Vulak items on the T2 vendor would be nice too. Even if he doesn't drop currency.
  9. Xnao Augur

Imo, 20 T2 currency off vulak. Give the entire zone's worth of currency to someone who beats the entire zone,
    Straahdx likes this.
  10. Straahdx Augur

If spells were to go in to ToV, I would personally prefer they went in like the old dragons. IE - actually dropped the spell instead of a turn in item (terrormote). But thats just a personal opinion. To each their own...
    Mellifleur likes this.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

Currency is simply far more powerful than drops. Mana Pres, Pet Focus, Monk and Knight weapons, Ranger bows and such. I'd rather have 20 currency or so from a full clear even if that meant losing 10 misc items per clear because they dropped to 1 armor + 1 other on all the Dragons instead of just Sev and Cek.

NToV's Time vs Reward is just bad, it "should" be better. Currency system already in place is one of the ways to improve it. Spells would be nice too. With the current loot tables, I'd drop NToV off the raid schedule completely in about a month if it wasn't for Vulak and unless there aren't many T3+ raids I don't think a 3ish hour Vulak raid will fit into many mid-tier raid schedules.

Bonus content is nice but if it only appeals to low end can't beat much else and high end everything else worth doing locked out, let's do NToV and hope for a unique click from Vulak it has pretty limited appeal.

For most servers you have a pretty solid set of options to inherit lockouts to cut down on NToV clearing time, I can either develop that option on my own server or the Devs can make NToV worth the time it takes to clear it.
  12. boukk_sebilis Augur

Learn to read or buy spectacles then, because I am pretty sure I said other than spells.
    RvR for ntov is huge devs know that since they intended it to be this way, your examples are irrelevant because they do not take into account lockouts/drops/difficulty.
  13. boukk_sebilis Augur

1 lesser or minor spell would be fine for the 12 easy dragon, vulak should drop 3/4spell fro minor to glowing.
    Currency reward on the other hands is not necessary as those easy dragon have the best RvR in game, real easy dragon, real decent loot.
    As shown by the guild progression website, the amount of guild clearing ntov is proof of that.
  14. savrin Augur

I think it may be guilds that cannot do the tier 1 raids. For guilds that cannot do t1, NtoV is their only option. I was under the impression the whole point of the NToV stuff was for a chance to kill dragons because this raid was always popular and for lower end guilds to gear up easily and then be able to raid progression targets once they get geared up. I fail to see the problem with allowing raid spells to drop for people who happen to be raiding. Same with the raid cultural augs and same with the currency. If you raid stuff you deserve all of it, the only question is how much imho.

I for one, never said how frequent they need to be. But something is always better than nothing. Not really sure why some end gamers care if there is currency for the dragons. Even if it is 2-3 per dragon it is better than nothing. I think most reasonable people agree it should not be 10. Or perhaps people think all of tier 1 is super easy and only the really terrible guilds cannot do it.
  15. Jefferz Elder

Just to give my guild's perspective: I'm in one of those guilds that has only cleared NToV, with the exception of Vulak, and we got the Shard's raid down to 10% before we wiped to exploding barrels/adds. If Elidroth is able to get 1-2 spell drops added to the loot table I would be jumping up and down with joy. I'm not sure why people are crying about these events not dropping raid currency. Raid currency, in it of itself, is a bonus. Adding it to NToV seems pretty unreasonable and totally unnecessary imo. I'm just happy my guild has more than 5 events to clear in a given week, unlike VOA.
  16. Retrievil Elder

It was a good idea, but don't you think spells should be part of the leg up? One random spell per dragon would be reasonable. As I said before they should also be added to the raid vendors.
  17. Genadine Elder

Absolutly no to Cultural Augs they give you T1.5 Gear for smacking a walk over Dragon.

As for Currency if they could lock the Currency behind having a T1 progression win and giving only 5 per Dragon that would work as the Dragon loot isn't on the Vendor and you would need to beat a raid to be able to buy that raids drops
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Added currency to the NToV raids would cause a nerf of the T1 raid vendor prices. Since the amount of currency that drops from the raids is factored into the prices increasing the amount dropped by 130 would also mean that prices of the items would need to be adjusted to match the new currency drop rate. It is a safe bet to say that the dev's don't want people to be able to buy 2 non visible items just from clearing NToV once especially with how trivial you are calling the zone.

As for precedence your right there really is no recent precedence for a zone full of non progression raids as all raids recently have been progression.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are gearing up with those raids even without having spells, cultural augs, and currency dropping.
  20. Hatsee Augur

My concern there is simply that currency availability seems to dictate how much things cost. Would adding any to the dragons help anyone that is not able to beat a T1 raid? Not really as most of the gear should still be locked behind wins on the vendor, and now all the prices will increase to take into account the massive influx of currency.

Spells should make it on to the dragons, even if it's 1 random level 96-98 per dragon. But adding currency I would see as more of a nerf than anything, unless we're expecting the devs to not touch prices which would basically guarantee that anyone who can knock out the T1 raids will be fully geared within a few months at worst.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.