Broken Promises or Will We Ever See?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Abazzagorath, Oct 20, 2012.

1. beryon Augur

The issue was when they gifted the sokokar familiars & mounts. Current players got the familiar & returning players got the mount. Many people said they wanted to choose the other option, so we were told there would be a questable way to get the other reward. Some time went by with no updates & then the raid mount went in. There was still no further official response on the promised quest. People started to say, "Wait, they don't intend this to be the questable version, do they?" Then they got upset at the bait & switch after waiting all that time for a cool questable mount that only people who left the game got. It wasn't just, "There's a cool raid mount & I'm jealous."

Another way of getting the familiar never went in. Some people theorized that the ogre familar was intended to be its replacement. We never did get any further official response though.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The bags you already provided compensation for by adding slots to them all, some going to 12 slots.

As far as things being unlocked AFAIK the only things questionable are the number of players required to start events and/or to open chests. Zones are being unlocked as was originally announced. Zones in expansions which are 3 or more expansions old have been unlocked, and the raids still squire the requester to be properly flagged to request them.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When a developer posts
    Working on some DPS improvements for January.

You expect to get something within 10 months, but then I guess he didn't say which January....2021 is looking good. :p

Though having seen Aristo's post I'm not holding out much hope for improvements in RoF. Maybe time to hang up my nuking boots.
  4. Piestro Augur

Encourage them not to do so. They don't always listen heh. See above.

I also encourage them not to say anything that can be construed as a promise. Everything we say we're working on that hasn't been delivered yet is almost always a statement of intent.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

I hope they never put player models in Player Studio. As much as I love the prospects of PS so far, player models would mean they would either have to:

A. Select a 'winner' to do all of the races. So it's not really the community, it's one guy.
    B. Keep selecting from different players so that all the races have horribly obvious differences on design style between them.
    C. Let all the winners' models get pushed through and let players choose which ones to use. Which, for the sake of the game's resources etc, eventually would likely mean ending support for the Classic and Luclin models.

None of those three options sound appealing to me at all. I can't see making any form of npc model, especially player models, in PS as being anything short of chaotic.
  6. Piestro Augur

Criticism is better than OK, it's great. If people just post "I'm happy" then we don't know where to improve. Of course criticism has to be respectful and constructive; posting "EQ sucks" or "necro dps sucks" doesn't give us anywhere to go.

It's also interesting to note that people often don't quite realize exactly what their post says until it's pointed out to them. You'd be surprised at how many times I get the email saying "I was moderated unfairly!" and when I show them their own words they are like "oh wait, I get it. I probably shouldn't have said that the Devs should all get cancer. Sorry, my bad."

Most, but not all, of this thread has been pretty good. It's pointed out some things that players want us to look at. I'm not sold that players want us to look at these things to the exclusion of other things; how much is transforming surprise worth compared to a quest in the new expansion for instance? Nothing is created in a vacuum, everything has a trade off. It still gives us a list to work from though and that's valuable.

No decision the team makes is going to be 100% popular. There's always someone who is going to be unhappy when we allocate resources to things we might think are more important (say offline trading) than less (a bug in 6 year old raid content for instance). Both are important, but one is more pressing.

It's one of the reasons why I don't envy the team their jobs. I have an advisory role, but I don't have to make some of the hard calls. They do a pretty good job in my estimation, both as a player and as the Community Manager for this game. If I didn't think so I'd be working and playing somewhere else.

p.s. don't tell them I said they do a good job, they get huge ego's and don't listen when I tell them they are terrible. ;)
  7. Piestro Augur

Sucks the life out of mobs?
  8. Hatsee Augur

Voodoman /q's on raids and we need 14 mages to fill his place.

Yep, it sucks alright.
  9. Falos Augur

Mages are hurting bad, need boosts. can only burst for 19k dps and sustain for 8k dps
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

Point isn't to get the devs working on anything listed (or anything else someone can remember that was intended to get done or promised to get done). In fact, most of it I don't care about at all or think would be a waste of time to work on.

I just wanted a flat answer as to whether or not they were no longer in the hopper or not. Saying, "yes, we still intend to do this, but its low priority" or "no, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile use of time at this point, so you might as well forget about that one" are FAR preferred to not knowing, holding onto items for years wondering if they will ever be useful, etc.

Knowing something is on the list and there is an intention to do it, even if its years away, is better than having no idea, and you'll notice that some of those things some or most of the current devs might not even have a clue about, so always good to bring them up.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

Hey now mages are awesome :( I agree with Voodoo, don't be mean </3 haha
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

5 out of 6 seconds, Necro DPS is terrible.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  13. NaVi7512 Elder

If you all find a way to make these look less (waaay less) bulky will be awesome ...
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

UF Raid requirements need to be removed thats it, they aren't too far behind on that front.

Even still... the only real raid worth doing in UF is Convort for Shawl, and all you need to flag is Brell raid himself. Take a page from the CT strat-book and banner in 40 unflagged alts to help with the event on your 12 flagged mains and its cake.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  15. Shang Augur

You can still access that, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.
  16. Synthemesc Journeyman

What's worse though, Lee?
    Being a liar or paying liars to keep lying?

There is no truth in advertising, and there is no honesty in sales. Not to single anyone out, we're all guilty of paying the liars, as you say: We're used to it.

Bill Hicks had a fine idea regarding people in marketing but it'll never gain traction.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

UF is due to be unlocked (both group and raid) with the launch of RoF; they are right on schedule with that stuff. What people will forget those is that the person requesting the event(s) still must be flagged to request them; that is what people tend to forget.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't ever recall SOE saying that expansions would be free for recurring members. Where did you get that info from?
  19. Hahlfwit Augur

It was stated that the bonus 500 SC that recurring gold members received could be used to purchase expansions. That statement more than implies that expansions would be free. SOE then enforced the amend portion of the EULA by taking the ability to purchase expansions and gold memberships with SC out of the Station Store.
    Leerah likes this.
  20. Leerah Augur

I shop at stores which offer price matching and 30 day sale price guarantees. If you find a price on the shelf and it rings up higher at the register, they give you that item. If they put Larabars on sale for half price, I stock up on them. This is more like if Corning said, "We will keep this plate in stock for the next 10 yrs. " and then stopped offering it. You can bet Corning would lose long-term sales and consumer trust.

Lee of Povar