Box Combo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aursan, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Aursan New Member

I would like to play an enchanter, what other class would work best to help level him up? Would a necro or mage for their pets be my best bet? My play times will be very random, so I just want a decent combo where I can just group by myself.
  2. Gregolo Augur

Shaman / Enchanter is going to be incredibly strong in Kunark.

Otherwise I would look into

Necromancer / Enchanter
    Mage / Enchanter
    Druid / Enchanter.

End of the day Enchanters work well with any caster. With charm you'll destroy anything you want to. Pick another caster you find or think would be interesting/fun and try it out. It will blend well regardless, tbh.

Worst case scenario you can always reconfigure your box crew later. 1-60 isn't that bad.
  3. Aursan New Member

Thank you very much Gregolo, I really appreciate the information! Yea its a toss up between Shaman or Mage. I love the shamans buffs and dots, but I also like the mages pets.
  4. Gregolo Augur

I'm a little biased at Shaman because of two reasons. One, we're really easy to box. And since most of your attention will likely be required on the Enchanter, that will be a great bonus. Secondly, we don't fall off super hard like Mages are going to come Velious. Because mob hp is going to skyrocket, and their aoe damage is going to become a lot more scary. These two things will heavily hurt Mages.

But play what you want! You can always 3 box later if that becomes something you want to do.

Mage will be your better short term choice, Shaman your better long term choice. Perhaps maybe even wait to see what happens with the upcoming vote to unlock Kunark early. Or just go Shaman for the long haul :p
  5. taliefer Augur

it depends on how you wanna play it. if you wanna charm stuff with the chanter, a druid is actually pretty helpful. snare the mob you wanna charm, makes recharming that less difficult.

if you just want to mindlessly plow stuff, the mage pet is the way to go, leaving you free to CC anything on the chanter.
  6. Aursan New Member

Thank you again sir! Yes I think I will end up having a shaman in the long haul, and end up dropping the mage before Velious.
  7. Arrk Augur

Enc/Druid

The pet you charm will benefit from being snared to help when charm breaks.
    DS will help kill mobs.
    Double charm when fighting animals.
    Ports.
    Same group in a raid situation...

Edit: The real benefit of pet management is letting you pet get hit and then killing it when it is real low hp. Letting mobs chew away it's hp with a DS attached, then invis when low and nuke... it is basically bard charm kiting tactics.
  8. Simone Augur

I agree with the people that say druid would pair better with an enchanter than a shaman since the main reason most people box a shaman, other than heals, is for their ability to slow and haste, something an enchanter can do very well.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  9. Batbener Augur

I played an ench mage on Vulak to level 82, and added a druid with Kunark. If it's all about the enchanter and don't care what the other class is, I would go with druid. He can heal and DPS while the enchanter charms mobs. A great utility about the druid is his root does damage, which is great for breaking mez. Snare and evac are nice when going deep into dungeons, and SoW and port are handy, even with port stones and guild halls.
  10. Bumpkin Augur

Mage / Mage like why does everyone ask this question everyday.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Maxe Augur

mage/enchanter. Pet weapons and gear for both, augment stacks with burnout making the pets better than most melee, and clarity on a mage is like walking around with a gatling gun.
  12. Ultrazen Augur

Druid. Has everything a chanter needs with no overlap. Shaman is a waste of about half the skill set.

Port, snare, heal, damage shield, buffs, debuffs (druid attack debuffs actually mitigate more damage than slow, but combined with slow turns mobs into something your grandma can tank). Skin to plant debuffs, black wolf.

A charming chanter with a druid sidekick is one of the best 2 boxes in the game. Surprising how few people know what druids are actually capable of, especially grouped with a caster.

Melee class with snare, then you use a shaman, any caster will benefit much more from a druid.
  13. Maxe Augur

I agree with Ultrazen, Druids are beasts. Being able to teleport around is priceless until PoP, and even after.