Berserker raid dps in comparison to other melee

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Bighitz Augur

i am working on parses of kolos and substracting flurry effect, to see what effect on our sustained 15% hundred hand would be, and share this with eli.
  2. Gragas Augur

Well, we provided feedback on Goberserker on what new aa's/continuation of present lines and discs we wanted as class to the dev's, for whatever reason, most were ignored for initial release of ROF. Some aa continuations are being promised for first patch after release.

I am assuming you beta tested Big cause I saw your posts there, but I for one remember being a berserker in SOD and being stagnated there as well and downright nerfed (epic click and flurry rate). Heck they even nerfed us a bit by messing with bard songs/KF in VOA.

DPS power/class balance comes and goes every expansion, this expansion we seem to be getting the short end of the stick, just like wizards got in VOA.

To outright basically call for a nerf to a certain class is not very productive, developers have reasons and agendas for doing what ever they decide to do, and tend not to share why they decided to do or did not do.

As far as your support classes go, get better ones if they are not doing their job or remind them to click their epics/aa's when burning. Sorry it sucks to be so dependent on support classes but at the moment that is just the way most DPS classes are designed.

I am just happy to be raiding something else besides VOA at this time of year. Even though the new weapons will not be a DPS upgrade, they will be stat upgrades and help everyone out survive the new raid encounters. Even though having new content raids weapons not being a DPS upgrade is still a mystery and takes the fun out of actually looking for a weapon upgrade as there is actually only ONE worth getting ratio wise.

Believe it or not, we still parsed well as a class in ROF on the raids I beta tested, but yes it still pretty much came down who got new KF and who did not for melee and who died or who did not, on who came out on top on combined. Does this mean we should be happy with current state of our class, no would be the answer there is always room for improvement and the weapon stagnation downright sucks.

As a berserker, have always thought we should be top melee DPS period as we have no other type of utility (mezz, mend, SOS,FD) and downright crappy mitigation (no Staffblock). Still do not understand why a leather class tanks better than a chain class. For some reason this idea is not shared by the developers for what ever reasons they deem logical. At this point it does not really matter to me as long as the big bad raid boss dies and the guild as a whole upgrades and progesses.
  3. Rage Lorekeeper

Isn't 15 HH just a reduction in swing delay by 15% of the base (unhasted) delay? So with a 30 delay weapon its a fixed 4.5 reduction which stacks with haste and over haste, or with max haste and 25% overhaste swing delay is reduced from 13.333 to 8.833 or a 51% increase in dps. Or compared to max haste, overhaste and a 5 HH effect (warcry) its a 34% increase.
  4. Kreacher Augur

Yes...You can easily work it out just by mulitpling the HH effect by the haste+overhaste (225%).
    So 15*2.25 = 33.75% boost to DPS.
    The monk one is Speed focus is
    25*2.25 = 56.25% boost.

HH effects are quite large, this is why when Bard QT was modded by instruments it gave such good results.

To me the rogue proc was actually introduced to help their sustained, but if you look at it, their sustained was less with a bard due to the nature of flurry is the primary hand only. So that makes berserkers look better.
    It was with that bug that then saw the introduction of the HH effect to compensate for the berserkers Flurry. That bug was fixed tho, yet the HH effect is unchanged for rogues.
  5. Rage Lorekeeper

Think you've got the numbers slightly backwards, the %'s you have are the reduction in weapon delay, not the increase in dps. To get the dps increase you need to do 1/(1-d) where d=delay reduction so 1/(1-0.3375)=1.509 or roughly 51% dps boost.

For speed focus it would be a 1/(1-0.5625)=2.286 or a 129% increase.
  6. Bighitz Augur

sure, now we will never get a 15% hundred hand proc guys!
  7. Bighitz Augur

The parsed increase was from 5.5K damage on auto attack to 8K on auto attack. thats with beastlord buffs and cleric buffs, + self clickies. 216% overhaste.
  8. Bighitz Augur

its easy to get caught up in % increase, but absolute increase isnt that great on sustained, also taking into account it wont proc all the time. the great increase comes on burns, where we would have otherwise have had a beastlord (less dependency)
  9. Kreacher Augur

Ah, thank you. That makes sense from the Monk speed focus parses shown in beta.
  10. shiftie Augur

You are just wrong and I don't know why you keep droning on and on about it. I get it you think it would be a nice ability and who wouldn't because well... HHE is an amazing source of dps. But claiming that an already competitive class zerker needs that much of a gain on autoattack because axe of illdeara didn't get upgraded is laughable.

The argument holds no water except to bloat zerker sustained parses. Rogues and monks having it is not a reason for zerkers to get it their delivery of dps is different. Imagine a world where necros got ITC just because all the other classes with nukes got them, that's basically the equivalent to what you are doing right now and you are pitching a holy fit over it on multiple threads.

No one likes being stagnated. I'm sure you'll get an increase again at some point, like when they release the new stuff aristo and elidroth kept alluding to.

Trading axe of illdaera for an almost always on HHE lol this guy.
  11. Hatsee Augur

Well you wont, it's broken and no one is getting it until the devs actually know what they are doing.