Beginning Server Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kyara Wolf, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Kyara Wolf New Member

Hello everyone,

So i did some looking around and found out that apparently Bristlebane and Cazic Thule are the most populous servers. But i am curious what the difference between them is, if there is one?
  2. Yther Augur

Other than Test, Firiona Vie (Roleplaying, 50% xp bonus, most items tradeable), Zek (player versus player), Trakanon (desolate), Vox (newest server, more balanced level range), Fippy and Vulak (time-locked progression) servers, the rest are all about the same. No differences in rules, and only slight differences in population. Like right now, showing moderately low pop on all servers, but they just came back up after 12hr patch. See https://www.everquest.com/home

Of course they will seem different in some ways, due to groups of people on them, but in general, they're pretty similar.

Yther Ore.
  3. Kyara Wolf New Member

Ah ok, thanks for that. I was just looking for the server that would give me the best experience :)
  4. Rauven Augur

I'd say Vox is the best bet. You'll be able to find groups at the earlier levels. Though the downside is the higher levels (90-100) are harder to find and not everyone has Call of the Forsaken yet.
  5. Yther Augur

I always forget one of the special servers. Antonius Bayle is the European time-centered server, also. If you play primetime GMT / Euro, then it might be better. Most of the other servers are primarily primetime US, but some specific ones have guilds and larger populations at different time.
  6. Kyara Wolf New Member

Alright, and i could always just make characters on other servers to see which one i like best or something.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Yup, like some of us do. Not that I try to play my 150 plus characters every day.
  8. HotDiggity New Member

Or you could just join Bristlebane after all, because we're cool. :p
  9. withteeth Journeyman

Drinal or you you will never meet me.
  10. Icaen Elder

Luclin is about as populous as Cazic or Bristle, except we also have a very very oddtimes population.
  11. Chikkin Augur

You are correct. Bris and CT are the significantly more populated than the other servers. In reference only to population, the only difference is that Cazic Thule tends to hit High Status an hour or so before Bristlebane, and Bris tends to stay at High Status for an hour or so longer.

Bristlebane was a busier server in Feb and March, but CT was (slightly) busier in the month of April.

April's spreadsheet isn't uploaded yet, but you can view server population data here: http://eqservers.imgur.com/
  12. Chikkin Augur

Luclin's population trends are about the same as every other server. It has not been as busy in the month of April, hitting High status only a few days out of the month excluding Sundays. The server (like most) is busiest between 7pm-9pm, Central time zone.
  13. Kyara Wolf New Member

Ah ok i see, thanks everyone :)
    I've got a character on both Vox and bristlebane to try each out
  14. Icaen Elder

Ok, your spreadsheets are cool and all :) , just saying as someone who actively plays the server that its very much more sociable and/or noisier during the dead hours compared to dead hours on the servers I listed (in my experience) :) . Just my opinion :) , sorry it goes against the irrefutable data runs. :)
    Yther likes this.
  15. Yther Augur

That's the problem with shear numbers. They don't reflect the attitudes and social aspects of the server. And just a few vocal asshats in /general can make a server feel horrid, even when the general population is not like those few people. However, if you can tolerate a server's /general that's usually a good sign for the server.

Yther Ore.
  16. Chikkin Augur

I apologize if I came off as the all-knowing authority on a server I don't even play on. Not my intent.

Edit: It's more about trying to get some use out of all the tracking I've been doing.
    Yther likes this.