Beastlord - Should I keep starting stats?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by EagerEQUser, Dec 8, 2014.

1. EagerEQUser New Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to this game and decided that I need a pet class. I started with Necromancer originally but than realized that maybe my first time would be better off without half the world trying to kill so me so I chose Beastlord but rushed into it so quickly(I had problems with the tutorial so I kept restarting) and forgot to distribute my stats but the thing is I wouldn't even know where to start distributing them so I mostly kept them on default but did I make the right choice? I only got to Level 5 so its certainly not too late to go back in case I want to max out my stamina or wisdom. Does it even matter at this point honestly? I know that gear can level my stats up later on but the question is can I level up my core stats permanently? I just want to know now so I shouldn't having to worry about regretting my decision while leveling my toon.
  2. phattoni Augur

does not matter at all, currently the game is in such a situation that you will probably be capped in all stats permanently by the time you reach level 65. depending on luck on drops of course and or how well you shop in the bazaar.

the stats dont start to matter till you get into heroic stats.

if you are having good luck on drops etc, you will be capped in everything that is important for your class by the time you hit level 65, and will probably stay capped on all stats if you keep gear up to date.
  3. EagerEQUser New Member

Including Charisma?
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Every stat, yes. OK, maybe not corruption resistance :).

Stats matter so little now that it's not worth even the time to preroll a level 1 before his first kill.
    Yther likes this.
  5. Yther Augur

Alot of the low level problems are more of skill caps than stats. With Tutorial gear, every stat should be over 100, if not more by level 10. Some uglies may not have their Charisma that high, but it doesn't make alot of difference, with how easy it is to farm cash / loot now. And once over 150 Charisma and Indifferent faction, you'll always get the best prices for stuff you buy / sell. It's not like the old days where Ally and 300+ Charisma made a difference.

So simply leveling past 20, is usually enough to get rid of most of low level problems related to skill caps, and the important class stats are generally over 125 if not 150 by then without buffs. And being a Bst, you'll get alot of stat buffs to help out, if you really put that much weight into them. And if you really want to max them out w/o buffs early on, get some Trio Gold Jewelry and Underfoot or better slot 11 augs. See http://nathrach.republicofnewhome.org/gizmotron/old/ and/or http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2390040 as a 59 Clr with mostly defiant and Trio jewelry. Note: the underfoot and similar quality augs are generally expensive, but can be removed from the settings and placed in upgraded settings for better stats as you level. Play with the gizmotron to see the differences at various levels.

Personally, I don't worry about it, as long as the key stats get over 125 and not ever below 75. Other than below 75 and especially below 50 stats hinder skill ups quite a bit. Back in the old days they matter alot more, 'cause it was so hard to max out even one stat, let alone all of them. Today's defiant gear alone will get you there by the 60s, if not sooner, depending on the other slots.

Hope this helps some.

Yther Ore.
  6. Miso New Member

Another option might to start on the test server :)
    Since every account on Test is like a Gold account without having a monthly subscription, you get all the perks of having a paid account on live, double XP and the ability to /testbuffme you character to level 25.
    The benefits of the test buff is.. especially for Melee types, all your combat skill will be raised to the level 25 Max when you do so.

You should however complete the Tutorial, since the quests will give you most of the starting gear (the test buff command gives you gear, but it's crap compared to what you would get in the Tutorial )

You also can do a /testcopy of your characters on live and copy them to the test server every 6 hours, so if you have a lot of Plat on Live, you can copy it over to test.
    Because of this, Plat on Test has less value than Live, but the good thing is, you can ask for plat in chat and someone would be kind enough to drop 10K or more on your character :p

Also, if you play on both Live and Test, it would be easier to have two separate folders for EQ, one for Live and the other for Test, since you would need to re-patch from Live to Test, and back from Test to Live each time your changed servers.