Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Celatusp99 Augur

I don't think the doom and gloom is warranted. I think some people did not get what they wanted and Teek is too popular to change so they crap on the time tested Tormax. Its not going to break records it will have a lower population than Teek but many will play there many will have fun there.
    Taladir and Rijacki like this.
  2. Sheila Elder

I’m glad that you aren’t falling for our attempts to trick you
  3. Sheila Elder

You guys can read through the posts yourselves. There’s literally four total pro-Tormax forum posters. Two guilds with less than 40 members combined. Where do you think this interest is going to come from? The 4 of you have a ton of players or friends that won’t see this newsletter? People that don’t frequent here are more likely to get the message from someone on teek than tormax.

The only saving grace for tormax are the two weeks where teek is crashing or queue is too long. After that it’s toast.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  4. Intercept Augur

They are just scared they chose the wrong server and are doing whatever they can to try and convince others to do what they want
  5. Intercept Augur

I'll be on Tormax and I'm not worried about having people to play with as it'ss as close to the classic experience of this 25 year old game that you can get which is why many of us keep coming back to this 25 year old game, if we wanted new we would be on steam not searching through 25 year old game sites.

Also Many of us don't enjoy random nor free trade, we like what got us into this game in the first place.

I'm happy they made Teek for those who want to play something different, but I'm happier that they knew to make a traditional server for those of us who enjoy playing EQ.

Most of those who want to play Teek are just be happy they got an almost Mischief server from the start, it's only a small minority who seem to want to pit one player base against the other
    Taladir, Magneress and Rijacki like this.
  6. Sheila Elder

I’m not scared, I want tormax to be a ruleset that I’d enjoy and even if not, I want to see it changed so that it is successful and I can get the ruleset that I enjoy in the future because EverQuest is still around lol.

Also I’m not pitting you against anyone. Where do you even get that?
  7. lob2014 New Member

It's more about how over TLPs are now. A few players are hanging onto to concept to boost their weak streams but like one guy said we are 18 years into various tlps. Time to just play Live eq or move on.

[IMG]

Some be like

[IMG]
  8. Celatusp99 Augur

I still enjoy tlps.
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Hard stop let's evaluate this post.

You don't care if you have no one to play with. Check 1
    You like the original game - whatever expansion let's call it pop - Check 2

There is a server just for you people! It's called Agnarr. Fire up your guild level lock at 51 and progress through content without exp boosts, loot bonuses, or anything at all really.

They need to stop releasing servers to cater to like 100 or less people at this point and start forcing them to Agnarr everytime they want to reboot.

It's the perfect server for the classic-pop crowd. DPG needs to start funneling guilds and people into that server if they have no interest in anything else.

You don't have to twink. You don't have to buy things out of era. You can do the entire true experience within your own guild at your own pace.
    Sheila likes this.
  10. Sheila Elder

I mean literally everyone on this thread enjoy TLPs lol.
  11. Celatusp99 Augur

I would hope so
  12. Intercept Augur

1. I'm not worried, because there will be people as there have been for the last 25 years which is a safe # of years in my eyes that something will continue.

2. I like the original game in fact many people do, so many in fact that they created these TLP servers so that people may relive those moments playing the game they started 25 years ago.

Know what they didn't do though, they didn't try to make a new game, they knew what they had and only touched on it here and there careful not to change this game out of it's own player base.

3. They need to stop releasing servers for the people who have continued to play for 25 years? I mean that's one strategy I guess, alienate the people who have been here for 25 years, it's actually pretty popular suggestion in fact I remember reading the same such suggestions on various other MMO's, granted none of those are still around but they did in fact follow your "suggestion"

Many players have "helped" other MMO's change what made them successful in the first place, this game hasn't followed that trend as of yet, personally I hope they never do.

Mischief is the perfect server for people who want to play almost/kinda EQ, but I can see how another almost Mischief could be popular alongside a traditional EQ server so good for them I won't try and force others to play the way I want.

Thank you for the advice, but I'll continue playing the traditional TLP that is released yearly because I enjoy this 25 year old game, but if I ever get the itch to play something different I'll likely load up steam, I'm def not going to find some other 25 year old and ask them to change what made them successful in the first place because it would be a biased opinion that was based around feelings instead of facts and that would be dumb.
    Taladir likes this.
  13. Intercept Augur

Is Teek not to your liking?

Maybe next year they will release a different ruleset alongside the traditional TLP and maybe that new experience will be to your liking
  14. Manafasto Augur

I do not think anyone wants Tormax to fail, however it was a pretty lazy TLP for a milestone year.
  15. coltongrundy Augur

[IMG]
  16. CdeezNotes Augur

Ah, a picture representing the average skill level of tlp rerollers such as yourself. Nice post.
  17. Crimson Violet New Member

Yeah, I would prefer more people. But I prefer to not have free-trade more. So I go to Tormax because it does not have free-trade, not because it is normal.
  18. Soriano Augur

People want Tormax to CHANGE before launch....so it does not fail...lol

Tormax will have a couple of guilds and few extras from those who get frustrated trying to get past a queue on Teek...
  19. Crimson Violet New Member

For sure, I doubt it will fail, but it will be low. As long as it doesn't change to include free-trade I really wouldn't care what was changed.
  20. Sheila Elder

I do not like Truebox. I like to box. If one was a relaxed or just non-truebox entirely, it's be enticing to me. I'd prefer Teek ruleset but I'm open to whatever ruleset.

To set the stage I played on Coirnav with 4 computers, 2 keyboards and mice. I enjoyed boxing but did not enjoy the heat/desk being taken up with so many computers. I will play any TLP that doesn't have truebox.

But, I'm also ok if the ruleset isn't around as long as they don't launch a server that's DoA as it means that I'll have another year where that's a possibility!