Advice for a true newbie

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tobain, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Tobain New Member

Hi,

I used to play EQ a long time ago, quitting around the release of planes of power. So the question is do you have any advice?
  2. Adani New Member

Depends on what kind ya need. for the most part normal live servers are pretty straight forward lvling wise. class stuff is a bit more in depth. choose a class ya like and roll with it. Now days we have Merc npcs you can hire to tank/dps/heal for you, wich is nice for solo playing.
  3. Pythlen82 Lorekeeper

Since you quit around PoP, I'm going to act off the assumption that you're PoP max level (65), a couple of pieces of raid gear, but mostly grouped gear. I'm also going to assume you have a common range of AAs for that level so maybe... 500-1000 AAs? What I would suggest is to find a good guild and to try and group. Also look out for any "Elaborate Defiant" and "Elegant Defiant" gear as it will typically be a huge upgrade for you. If you're till rocking lv55-65 spells I suggest you try and check out the PoK library spell merchants for spell upgrades and melee tome upgrades. What I did after coming back from my hiatus was immediately start a new character and got comfortable with him as new characters are much easily connected to the new core pathings of the game. After a bit I went back to my old main and used him for a long while before fully switching back to the new character. Another first priority I would say is to find a good, active guild. Guilds have always gone a long way in this game, and if you're lucky you might get some gear upgrades from the Guild Bank or from guildies out hunting. Also, Epics are still insanely useful. All 1.5/2.0s have a unique clicky that isn't easily replaced. One example of this is the Shadowknight 1.5/2.0 (Innoruuk's Voice and Innoruuk's Dark Blessing, respectively) gives an effect that gives your group a guaranteed on hit HP recovery. So Epics are still invaluble things. If you're running a Cleric a with 1.0 you're going to have a much easier time getting into a raiding guild that one without.