A knight's guide to tanking - info dump for the commonwealth

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tearsin Rain, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Daegun Augur

This would be nice to just have stickied at the top.
  2. Lenowill Augur

Does this hard cap of 150 hate also apply to things like Shamans initiating a fight by pulling a target with a slow?

I ask because I tried doing that (to make use of this supposed 150 hate cap so that it would be easy for my warrior to peel aggro off the shaman after casting the slow), and it seemed like that initial slow was making a lot more than 150 hate.

Level 61 characters and Turgur's Insects for the slow, if that helps. I'll also test it again next time I play that pair.
  3. Crystilla Augur

I have no powers of the 'sticky' kind, but I did add this thread to a list I've been collecting of great posts found here.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24617

If anyone else has other good guides or threads they think should be added to the eqclerics "great posts made on EQLive" thread, please PM me with the link to here.
  4. Tearsin Rain Augur

heroic characters = more new tanks = this info could be useful for people, so bumping this thread.
  5. Friiar New Member

i found this thread via Google search. i made a heroic paladin last night. i am looking for a good starting list of the spells i should have memorized for group tanking with a heroic upgraded Paladin.

Friiar, An old lvl 70 cleric with a water sprinkler.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

How much hate does sk aa snare do? I have always heard it has some aspect of hate to it but never found out how much or knew where to look in the spell data the field hate amount says 0.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

it's the amount of hate given for snaring a mob, which doesn't have any kind of over-ride on it, but back in the day we generally more or less figured that it's about 1200, give or take.
  8. Zoran Journeyman

Had a disagreement with people last night. Any idea which way this goes these days? I took the position of the OP, but none of us have tested this in a controlled situation recently.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

I have had Brosa's Situation happen a fair amount of times, Even once of Ageless. (which is a taunt + 3000 aggro, I am guessing thats just how the person casting's spells landed right as i hit ageless =/)