2nd time Oct 28th Plat Duper buys 132 krono for estimated 11,880,000 Plat Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OpenSource, Oct 28, 2021.

1. ViciousEQ Elder

Someone boxing raids can potentially make 20 million plat in a single day with full clears of current content DZ's and optimal RNG on the drops

10 boxer groups clearing DZ's can pour some really scary number of items into the economy.

They put the items in the bazaar...

You buy them 500k-1 mil each

They take the plat they earned and buy up all the Kr in bulk

They relist some kr at insanely high prices

They reclear raids and get more items

You buy those items for 500k-1mil plat each

They rebuy kr in bulk

There's no auction tax, and nothing happens to the plat to deplete it, it just keeps changing hands like bitcoin.
  2. SecondStage New Member

Again, ALL stuff that has existed on TLPs before, yet Krono is still massively inflated in comparison to past TLPs. Random/"bonus" loot probably inflated a few things, like Kunark plate that sells well, but this TLP has also been in existence less time than past TLPs to offset that slight infusion of plat that random/bonus loot brings. SG picks, DZs, etc. are all things that we've seen plenty of in the past.

Another thing people keep forgetting with their little, "selling a raid item for MEEEEELLLIONS" of plat examples - that plat has to come from somewhere. It doesn't just appear out of thin air when you list a raid item.
  3. ViciousEQ Elder

Incorrect. Never before other than on FV has top end raid loot been available to purchase for platinum at this scale.

On servers where top end items and resources are available to be purchased for platinum you will see more platinum in active circulation. On standard servers where most loot is no drop you will not see nearly as much of the plat in active circulation. that doesn't mean the plat never existed, there just weren't guilds whose entire loot systems were driven by the use of raw platinum forcing players to gobble it all up, and a Bazaar full of top end items available for raw platinum that gave plat the hording value it has today on this server.

History Lesson: If you recall the release of Krono original saw the price of Krono as it related to platinum sit at almost 4x that of standard server on Fironia Vie. FV being a server that wasn't even around at launch of the game. How could there possibly be so much more plat at that point on FV than any other server? Easy, its a market that valued plat as the primary currency for top end items.

Where as we have all been conditioned now over several TLPs to value raw Krono as the primary currency, servers that value plat as the primary currency will see far more platinum in "active" circulation. On standard servers people only exchange Krono for platinum as they need plat for specific plat sinks or purchases and then its used up/gone or horded for the luls.

Let me know when Krono prices reach 500k each during PoP...thats about when I'll be convinced you have an actual problem with inflation/duping. Until then I'm laughing all the way to the bazaar bank! :p
  4. OpenSource Journeyman

Explain why krono went from 16k to 60k on Aradune (non FV server) the week the dupe/exploit was first heard of. Everyday the Aradune bazaar was bought out, in a 10 min timeframe, of krono 50-100 per day just like Mischief once it got the bazaar.

Explain why krono on Mangler doubled the week the dupe was first heard of with similar happening. Every day the bazaar was bought out of krono within a 10 minute timeframe.

Explain why the person who was buying out the krono on Aradune, Mangler once the dupe/exploit was first heard of had the exact same name.

Explain why the person on Thornblade who had the EXACT same name as the person on Aradune, Mangler was offering to buy krono at ANY price?

Drops mic........
  5. SecondStage New Member

LOLOL it's all just a product of free trade, bro! Plat for raid items goes in, plat for raid items goes out! Can't explain that! Everybody just stockpiles plat on non-free trade servers, duh!
  6. ViciousEQ Elder

The same 200 million plat is being traded in a circular plat for krono for item for plat trade cycle....and you think there must be 200 billion plat out there.

Its the same 200 mil being traded over and over and over again. Everyone earning their 10-15% on the barter's/traders over and over.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a fine theory but it breaks down entirely when you look at the price action. No sophisticated operation is going to buy everything and drive the price up on themselves. This entire scenario smells entirely like "found" money, and the rashness it is being spent is far from sophisticated or thought out.

Anyone who has played a tlp before knows that krono doesnt double within days, especially in the middle of an expac where literally nothing is happening nor on the horizon.
    SecondStage likes this.
  8. suinegEQ Elder

Explain why it didn't happen on live where it would be real real easy to hide and unlimited plat means it doesn't matter if it's higher there it's about speed of acquisition and hiding it. You also have a lot of people cashing out of those servers, I know you have made up metrics that you claim are fact about which servers have what population to counter that, you always have a counter that can't be proven.

Why just Mangler and Aradune? Why not the other TLP's? Why not Rizlona?

They have the exact same name? You run every single krono trader on the bazaar? Is this like when you supposedly sent a tell to every single person on /barter on mischief but you didn't?

You're going to bring up tunnel /auc as proof? You're most likely talking about that time on Mischief that I did "/auc WTB Krono name your price - surprise me" right? You sent me a tell with some astronomical number and do you remember my response? I do. My response was something very much like "sure but only if you're selling 1,000 because I will only pay at that price in bulk". You then didn't respond and I didn't respond because you were obviously fishing and I was obviously not buying. You know what did happen? I got several tells with some reasonable and some unreasonable prices. Every one of them I engaged with and negotiated down or I didn't make a deal. I bought a whopping 10 krono then. I don't remember using that tactic on Thornblade but I definitely also turned plat into krono there to move to Mischief. My alts are all named on a theme for the server I have chosen so I'm 100% positive that I have the same name on Thornblade also. How on Earth do I have plat over there?!?!?! I started there because I am a recognizable personality and didn't want to have to pick a guild on Mischief because of the issues I had with that on Selo. I then liquidated over to Mischief. You're obsessed with me so I assume it's me you're talking about but maybe it isn't.

What you aren't understanding is how to interact with humans. You think that spreadsheets explain all. You've been setting the economy on every server that's released in the past 6 years or so. How can anyone else compete with the amount of plat you farm, it's literally impossible. Every single time this thread is bumped or other threads or made or somebody talks about it in a discord you have people experiencing huge FOMO. They think it's tulips or crypto or something else. They need to get in low and flip for profit. Mischief is a server heavily revolving around greed in general. There is no shock that Greed is Good is the name for the biggest guild making their gameplay entirely revolve around krono.

You've created a frenzy that is like the salem witch trials and bitcoin all rolled into one.

Here's the thing, DPG already weighed in back when you brought this entire thing up. They said they were handling it and supposedly they did. You keep claiming they temp banned some people over it.

So you're saying that they don't know what they are doing and failed so badly that even though there are multiple threads on it and multiple reports that they can't find the person. If that's the case who are you making your case to? The devs said they looked into it, you said they handed out bans. So they either solved it or they don't have the ability to solve it. Do you think we're going to solve it?
  9. suinegEQ Elder

Nobody sophisticated enough to fly under the radar with the billions they are accused of having despite DPG investigating would be this ham fisted with "found money". These people are supposed geniuses that can't be caught but somehow they walk into the bazaar and can't help themselves .....
  10. Abrhum Journeyman

This guy is the best. No, I'm not his second account, but I'd like to be.

I'm loving it, I have a lot of plat right now. Thanks to whomever made this happen.
  11. Achillez Elder

To any high end buyers, the impact of what happened is very evident today in the bazaar today. The majority of best in slot / top end Luclin items that were very plentifully listed for the past week are no longer listed (either they all were purchased with the surge of krono to platinum cash out or the people took them down during the madness). The remaining top end items you have seen the prices they are being sold for double or triple.
  12. SecondStage New Member

I have a plat duping scheme that takes non-zero time to execute. Should I the invest that time to buy Krono at 50k, thus saving me time to exploit more/do other things, or should I take it to live where Krono is 2+mil. I wonder what would POSSIBLY make them invest their scheme into the most recently released TLPs. Surely the price of Krono would have nothing to do with it..
  13. Achillez Elder

The biggest thing is krono do not sell in the bazaar on live servers, period. Krono prices on all live servers exceed the maximum you can buy/sell things for in the bazaar so every krono transaction is between 2 people and takes much more time. Very few people sell and very few people buy krono on live servers because of this (FV may be different but I don't play there). I would be willing to bet there are probably a 10x more krono transactions on Mischief every day than all live servers combined.
  14. Rogean Lorekeeper

This thread was made less than 30 minutes after 44 Million Platinum was parcelled out to GiG Members for GDKP Raids. Something to keep in mind.

Code:
    mysql> SELECT SUM(plat) as Total, MIN(processed) as Start, MAX(processed) as End FROM parcels WHERE processed LIKE "2021-10-28 %";
    +----------+---------------------+---------------------+
    | Total    | Start              | End                |
    | 44629494 | 2021-10-28 11:31:17 | 2021-10-28 11:41:38 |

(Eastern Time)
  15. Achillez Elder

Ooo what would it cost to get read access to this database? Lol
  16. OpenSource Journeyman

This happened between 11:20am to 11:30am
    Also the same toon bought all the Krono.
  17. Achillez Elder

Well hate to say it, but 3 of the krono flippers I spoke to that have sold many krono all mentioned one name as being someone who was buying 25+ krono at a time. This person was also part of a guild of whom everyone in it had a guild rank of a person who on July 7 claimed he had "hard proof" that the plat dupe took place. Things seem to be coming together right? No, turns out this person is the banker for a well known established crew of boxers that regularly raids top end raid content (and has even streamed it) and has been selling gear for ridiculously large numbers of krono/plat since the beginning of the server. Seems as though the guild leader thought it would be funny to put the guild rank of all members to this other well known person connected to the plat dupe, I actually found it humorous myself.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

I've said this in other threads, but you need to stop acting like 25 kr is a lot. It's literally 1 item (if its the right item).
    Achillez likes this.
  19. michahs1 New Member

man there is some bad tinfoil hat in this thread. vicious nailed it btw. like 6 low man crews full clearing luclin dz's every week (and on the same 3 days, which probably isn't helping since we're all flooding it at the same time) plus gig plat flood. we're not talking about 50mill plat a week combined, we're talking 200mill-300mill a week combined if not more, and having to convert all of that to krono, and mostly in a 3-4 day stretch. realistically we gotta go back to hand auctioning stuff for krono in like nexus/baz or something, having to convert back and forth between plat is where everything is getting screwed up. or just add using krono as a payment option to the baz, altho i sincerely doubt that's an easy or reasonable thing to do anytime soon.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

The guild name is a reference to an image of a fat person (me) as Firiona Vie. Instead of EverQuest, it was HeavyQuest. Hence, Heavyquesters.

It is also well known that the person who the rank is named after is very obese irl.