2017 Summer New Progression Server Ruleset?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Chatoyan Elder

This. Playing one toon is boring. Playing three toons, while doing content intended for 6, makes things much more interesting. Unless I'm the tank in a very busy group, I'm probably also doing something else on another monitor while playing a single character in EQ.
  2. nagash101 Augur

wow do two of you. That is a loose loose for DGBs, terrible idea.
  3. nagash101 Augur

next TLP needs to be a FV-Phingel Server. That is the best solution for maxium profit for DBGs and would be a fun server to play on. Bit faster EXP then Phinigel or a bit longer unlock then 90 days. 120 days would be about perfect with the current EXP rates on Phinigel. Maybe roll the /pick changes out for the New TLP Server or figure out why they needed so much CPU and Memory.
  4. Galdous Augur

If they do FV loot rules then they will need to remove raid instances. No need in FV loot rule when the only thing that can come from that is greed. RMT would be so rampant it would cause your head to spin with all the crap on the forums with complaints. The rules set up to encourage poaching other people's mobs with dps race would also support that mindset.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Instancing is at least part of the solution to DPS racing... also, instancing would flood the market and drive pricing down.
  6. Galleyan Augur

^ this. And if they actually solve /pick stuff so it isn't so punitive (current implementation), that will make a lot of the arguments that FV ruleset is dirty and disgusting moot.
  7. nagash101 Augur

exactly.
  8. Galleyan Augur

Can you expand on this? I'm confused.

How does removing raid instancing solve RMT? Will some guilds RMT their stuff? Yes... but if you remove instancing, you end up with a single guild controlling the flow of goods. Instead of there being 100 Sword of a Thousand Truths, there are 3, and that one guild can ask *ANY* price for the item. This is of course, pre-supposing that the guild at the top would be willing to screw their members out of raid gear -- which has happened at least once in the history of EQ.

And no, I'm not trolling... I legitimately would like to hear a well worded response from anyone willing to do one.
  9. bodes Augur

It's confusing because he's 100% wrong. Instances would allow skeleton crews to farm instances and have large inventories to sell. He's assuming those items will be valuable and sell, which is where he's wrong. When every raider can raid every boss through instancing they largely remove themselves as buyers from the market so demand goes down. They might buy a rare drop here or there, but largely they are not buyers. Instancing also allows pickup raids for non-serious raiders to run easier or older-content and also farm items, removing much of that demand.

Farmers running instances will quickly saturate the market with items and drive down the prices to the point that it's not much of a problem.

WITHOUT instancing you get a situation where large groups of farmers (or a single mega boxer) attempt to monopolize a handful of raid targets with good cash drops, similar to what the mage armies are doing to AOW on Ragefire today.

We're really getting to a place where a new non-instanced TLP server is laughable for any ruleset except PVP.
  10. Galleyan Augur

Yeah that's basically the point I was getting at... I just really would like to see an actual well thought out explanation by someone as to why they believe what you've said ISN'T the case... Unfortunately they aren't interested in reasoned argument, it seems.

I'm actually somewhat surprised they haven't tried a PVP ruleset yet. Obviously they aren't as popular (and therefore lucrative)... but there was still a relatively healthy subset of the population playing on them back in the day.
  11. Astley Augur

They DID try a PVP progression server. It was closed long before catching up to live due to server population being too small to sustain it.
  12. Machentoo Augur

They have never done a pvp progression server. The only thing even close to that that they have tried is the discord server, which was a short duration, permanent death event server. PVP progression has never existed in EQ1.
  13. Gnog Elder

A PvP progression server with instances, truebox, and 1/2 spawn times on open world raid targets would be amazing. I wouldn't leave Phinny for that, but I might leave my day job for it.
  14. Galdous Augur

Like right now? For the low low price of 150 dollars you can be given time/elemental gear. Its already happening and already now so we know you are wrong in this regard. You seem to be the one confused.

We have instances and so many guilds slaying Quarm you see it spammed 5-10 times at night sometimes but yet its still a premium on selling its gear. Prices will not drop because the progression server is churning forward through levels/content to never be able to truly keep pace til we get to near the servers life cycle.
  15. Astley Augur

Which was the additional PVP server that was closed then? I could have sworn there was one that was closed up and merged with Zek awhile back.
  16. Galleyan Augur

Yeah, I feel like it could be pretty fun. Open-world would be MAXIMUM cancer... but with the ability to dodge it when you wanna would definitely make for some entertaining encounters without being... well... Without being P99 Red. :p
  17. bodes Augur

Once again confirming your position as the most clueless person on the boards. Go back to P99 where you can buy platinum from Rogean
  18. Theseus Lorekeeper

Galdous = Swish or Lron the Server Legend?
  19. Machentoo Augur

All four zeks were merged into one zek server in Feb. 2005 (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon, Sullon.) You may be thinking of Sullon Zek, which was the last pvp server to be released, but it was not a progression server. (It was released during Velious or Luclin era iirc so there wasn't much progression at that point anyway.)
  20. Dilf Augur

EQ2 had a TLE progression server, and it died after a few months. It just wasn't as fun like the old Nagafen/Venekor days. I don't recall EQ ever having a progression pvp server.