1%er Veteran Opinion on why people are truly mad.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chiram, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherlee Augur

"Party like it's 1999" is a song lyric they used for an advertising campaign. We're sorry if it got your hopes up.

You can never go home again. Game styles have changed from a calm, world-exploration to fast-paced, shootem-ups in the last 20 yrs. Not to mention most of you were 12 yrs old when EQ started. It will never be the same. Do you go to first person shooter games and complain that some people have better weapons than you?
  2. Freki Augur

I applaud this OP. it is definitely a well thought out post. I will say this: 1) I am realistic, 2) I enjoy the game, 3) if you want to pay 90 bucks for one month of game play, go right ahead.

That being said a few things: 1) the venom on these messages no matter the side is horrible! 2) people don't know what it is like to learn your class and enjoy the game while you do it. 3) people in general took my last statement as me saying everyone is like that, get over it, english is its own language that sometimes i have problems with but that word people is a general term, not all inclusive.

this is the problem. it's all about the speed. other games hold your hand. eq doesn't. find a way to go and go in eq, in other games you are told go here, talk to X, then talk to Y then talk to Z and you're in the end game. that gets sooo boring.... as does endless repeated kills of Frenzy or an armadillo. do it how you want. but take a step back. look at how it looks: "hey i'm going to pay for 6 accounts, and play four days in a row! they won't kick afk'ers! doesn't matter i can nap i'm good!" then "hey i'm going to log on to my one account and have fun... oh gods i have to wait 5 hours to get in??? but i can't leave because i will loose my chance... oh thank the gods, there is now a queue!!!" you can get 6 people on, or you can get one person on playing 6 accounts. to DBG it's the same money wise but it is not the same loyalty base. another issue: oh they aren't going to enforce ks rules or the PnP! doesn't matter i'm gonna go do what ever i feal like!!!!! oh yea this is fun... well it is NOT fun for those affected. training, kill stealing, botting, BOXING all are advantages. if you were that much of a PLAYER then I challenge you to run SIX individual instances (same pc or multiple pcs) without the aid of anything but the IN GAME hot keys and set ups! that is a challenge.

Sure people say [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is a key repeater... well that means the program actually does all the work for you and you just press one key. sure you have to set it up.. oh wait.... the program has a wizard to set it up! oh yea.... lets then make the FPS the game sends to the graphics card and processor less so that the computer plays as if there is only one instance on. so to my eye this is automation. and is not allowed by the eula. I am also not DBG so I can only tell people hey i think it is this but no one i talk to generally will be someone that does this. P99 is a place *I* will never go to. why? because i don't want to start playing someplace that I don't trust. i have never trusted third party versions of a game. same goes for the private WoW or SWG or Aion servers... again that's my thoughts.

Boxers are complaining that non boxers are trying to muck up the works, non boxers are complaining the the boxers are mucking up the works.... neither side wants to "go to the other" so the argument "if you don't box then you should start boxing otherwise we will rule" (ok that is paraphrased) is not valid as the non boxers do NOT want to start boxing. also to the non boxers: "the boxers should be banned or stopped and should just go play like I do" (again paraphrased as I am not quoting any one specific either instance) will not work either. the boxers do not want to do it non boxed. this also means telling a non boxer to go play P99 when it is stated they do not wish to go there, well it's not valid.

TL;DR: it's time to play the game and stop complaining about things one can't control. DBG will have to make the decision and go from there. this is a game enjoy it, don't, make it a job if you so decide I don't really care. but be nice about things, don't train anyone just because, (yes accidents don't happen) don't ks someone intentionally, don't grief each other... if it happens accidentally apologize and play. that is what maximum nostalgia is about, respect and courtesy.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  3. Sheaffer Augur

Well Kalaran/Kartak got banned for exploiting before becoming Furor, but that's another story. My point was just that Furor was leading FOH at least until the end of POP, as evidence by the all time best rant in history where he threatened to have the whole guild cancel if something or other wasn't fixed(anyone have a link to that? It's a classic)

All that being said, if it's not too much trouble it would be cool to see some old FOH pictures. I had a lot of friends in that guild and I always enjoy classic EQ screenshots.

Sometimes I wonder why Daybreak doesn't just borrow or license P99s database and client and use that to open a true classic server.
    yellowzombie likes this.
  4. Chiram New Member

It's been so long and my memories are scattered. I will see what I can do about the old PC lol. I do remember jumping on Torv server and raid leading Blades of Wrath for a small period. Somehow I remember plane of air but I can't recall if that was with FoH or another guild.

Yea I remember helping him for an axe for Kartak in Rathe. Ogre warrior if I'm not mistaken.
  5. Motherlee Augur

I was going to "like" the calm maturity evidenced in this post but I can't because a keypress mirror is not 'automation' by any stretch of the definition. And you still have to set up the hotkeys on all your characters, which if you are any kind of player, have already done.
  6. yellowzombie Elder

So much solved by this.
  7. Kunon Augur

All the servers share the same damage tables (pet damage/h2h/etc), and at these levels all the classes are pretty well balanced on the Live Servers. What's missing is the Defiant Gear (which makes a mockery of the very best Classic gear) on the TLP that creates that balance.

This is the level 1 Defiant Piercer
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75567

This is the Piercer dropped by Naggy
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=722
  8. Freki Augur

Motherlee: how is it not any part automation when you only hit 1 key and get 6 different results from a single key and single interface? I challenge you to find a way for your one finger to press six floors on any one elevator without any other devices. you can't. one finger per button. i do not say that it is extreme as many botters do, but it is an automation of some sort.

another example. the construction of the car on assembly line. one person puts the door on the frame in front of them, then the line moves on a new frame rolls in, that person puts another door on the frame. if you were to put six lines in the same warehouse you would still need six people to put that door on each frame. even if you were to replace humans with robots (which has happened many times :( unfortunately), you would have to add more than the main actuators and build them from a different stand point. but the suction cups/graspers still only grasp one thing at a time to place on EACH frame.

I will say, your post was unexpected and though short well intentioned. personally i don't have a major issue with boxers if they play nice and respect others. which is not happening in many areas of norath right now.
  9. Sheaffer Augur

I think Kartak was an ogre and then about the time he got banned was right when it came to light that stats didn't really make much if any difference, so he made his next character a human warrior in an act of defiance. I think. It's been a long time and I haven't thought about this stuff in years. Good memories though!
  10. Potsos76 Augur

I think a non-box server would be fine, but it would require more auxiliary revenue than the current ones to make up for the loss of all those box accounts. I don't raid and neither to a great majority of players, so modifying boss damage means nothing to me and I'd be totally fine with it. Go for it.
  11. Warlorf Augur

I was waiting in queue when a thought popped up in my head. Why does a person pay for 6 accounts to box on ragefire when that person and anyone else taking up slots can run their box groups for free ... on test. all the same stuff can be done but for free ... 3 .. 2 ... 1.. mind ... blown o_O
  12. Sheaffer Augur

No prestige to being the best on test. And I say that as someone who was, at one point, one of the best players on test.
  13. Warlorf Augur

join the club, but if someone is on here to be one of the best players .. its time to get some sunshine
  14. Warlorf Augur

being the best boxer on rage is like winning 1st place at the special olympics
  15. Glistarian Augur

There's no prestige here either. This content is 15 years old and people are beating it with broken modern classes. Literally no one is impressed.
    Tamier, Lejaun and Warlorf like this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

But we are expected to, that's the sad part.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.