Live Update Bugs 03/15/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 15, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Mowens Elder

I wanted to report that many of the zones that were supposed to be revamped with the Lost Dungeons of Norrath on Phinigel are still in game as of this morning. (They changed over last night with the mistaken release) They include: Plane of Hate, Splitpaw - but from reading in game chat, it seems this may be intentional?
  3. Jarith Lorekeeper

I'm trying to figure out if it was intentional in Luclin era for shaman dots to be both weaker and non-stacking than they were 6 months ago (before the dot change).

Bane of Nife 6 months ago:
    Decrease Current HP by 258 per tick (and could stack with other poison dots)

Bane of Nife last week:
    Decrease Current HP by 437 per tick (no more stacking)

Bane of Nife now:
    Decrease by Current HP 126 - 132 per tick (no more stacking)

Pox of Bertoxxulous 6 months ago:
    Decrease Current HP by 170 per tick (and could stack with other disease dots)

Pox of Bertoxxulous last week:
    Decrease Current HP by 254 per tick (no more stacking)

Pox of Bertoxxulous now:
    Decrease Current HP by 167 - 185 per tick (no more stacking)<-also only seems to tick for 167 despite what the tooltip says
    Kasthil likes this.
  4. Thrillho Augur

Looks like any collectible achievement which was only partially complete has had all progress removed - no check marks for items previously collected.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Etholan New Member

In line with Jarith's post above,
    Playing as a necromancer we use the poison line shared with the shamans also, and envenomed bolt is now weaker than it ever was in the original game. 110 DD + 146 pr tick
    Now a paltry 41 DD + 106 pr tick, which is even less than the original venom of the snake which came in at 50 DD + 114 pr tick

By the plan as I read it, it should be giving more damage, and with the reduction it may not be completely envenomed bolt + poison of the snake etc, but some percentage of the lower level spells. Did you by chance deduct instead of add to the damage when you calculated the new dot damage the spells are suppose to give ?

/Etholan - Phinigel
    Kasthil and Jarith like this.
  6. Spellfire Augur

I noticed the same.
  7. GrekAB New Member

My shm now does less damage than before the consolidation with highly increased mana consum.
    Kasthil and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Etholan New Member

just had a look over the druid spell winged death, same patern it is now less worth that it ever was originally,
  9. Kianara Lorekeeper

Collections are bugged now as well. I was working on Twenty Leagues (Combine Dredge) last night, and logged about 8 hours before patch. Logged in after this patch, all the progress I had made was gone (had 6/8 of the set). So I started collecting them again in the instance, and had half of the set done. Now it's showing I have none of the set done.

I can confirm that the progress I had made in 26 sets has been wiped, and it's not saving any new progress unless you complete the set (I'm assuming, as I'm not willing to test that theory and waste even more time/plat)
  10. Adroxia Elder

The lag on tells, chat channels, zoning, raid window movements, and banners and friends list is worse than ever. This is constantly taking 30+ seconds for game to respond or tells to go through. I would say every person on AB server is well aware of this problem having experienced it for months, but tonight has been acute to say the least.
    Ismel and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. smash Augur

Collections that where I had got some in, but not yet completed has now been wiped out.

This appears to be for all of them
  12. Jondalar Augur

Serpentil's Venom is basically back to what it was as well.
    2017-03-09 18:56Changed Mana cost from 3795 to 1952
    2017-03-09 18:56Changed Slot 2 from "Decrease Hitpoints by 23919 per tick" to "Decrease Hitpoints by 10901 per tick"
    2017-02-14 19:33Changed Slot 2 from "Decrease Hitpoints by 7300 per tick" to "Decrease Hitpoints by 23919 per tick"
    2017-02-14 19:33Removed Slot 3: Decrease Hitpoints by 2555 per tick
    2017-02-14 19:33Changed Base2_3 from 191 to
    2017-02-14 19:33Changed Mana cost from 2085 to 3795
    2017-02-14 19:33Changed Recast Time from 24.0 seconds to 1.5 seconds
    2017-02-14 19:33Changed Base2_2 from 190 to 0
    So two sets of dmg in previous, 2555/tick and 7300/tick for a total of 9855/tick.
    Went to 23919/tick removed that second line of dmg. Now nerfed back down to 10901/tick.
    In addition Reef Crawler Blood is the same dmg and nerfed to the ground.
    Nectar of woe now does more dmg/tick even without its recourse.
    There is more as well.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

That's not a bug. It's intended dot dmg changed.

Use a spell parser folks. Here is the natural progression for you.

01/17/17 - Live - Underpowered

[44311/14640] Serpentil's Venom Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/104
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 2085
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Poison -20
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 1.5s, Recast: 24s, Timer: 8, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 30
    2: Decrease Current HP by 7300 per tick (If Not Raid Boss)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 2555 per tick (If Raid Boss)
    Text: Your veins fill with a fast-acting poison.
    Fills your target's veins with a fast-acting venom, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z. This venom will do less damage to exceptionally strong targets.

02/15/17 - Live - Overpowered

Mana: 3795
    Stacking: Blood of Saryrn 38
    Casting: 1.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 8, Rest: 1.5s
    2: Decrease Current HP by 23919 per tick
    Fills your target's veins with a fast-acting venom, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

03/15/17 - Fixing a wrong

Mana: 1952
    Stacking: Blood of Saryrn 38
    Casting: 1.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 8, Rest: 1.5s
    2: Decrease Current HP by 10901 per tick
    Fills your target's veins with a fast-acting venom, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

Notice how its less mana than 01/17/17 and more damage now with no raid boss distinction? 02/15/17 was insane for various dots.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  14. Anlak Journeyman

AB lag is stupid , we been lagging for weeks and after todays patch raids is unplayable , pls do something fix us pls
    /Anlak
  15. Jondalar Augur

How is it not a bug that a dot has returned to basically where it was before any dot changes?
    Especially given patch notes that say

- Shaman - DoT spells that were consolidated in the last update are now less efficient and will do less damage than before.
    They will still do substantially more damage than before they were consolidated.

9800/tick vs 10901 is not substantially more damage than before.
    Why is nectar of woe higher dps than reef crawlers?
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Shaman math as reported on 3/8/16, not sure how or why this made it to Live:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-03-08-17-new-bugs-only.238891/#post-3514498

Also reported yesterday: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tes-and-discussion.238890/page-3#post-3515501

I don't know if this information is just falling on deaf ears or what.

Shaman DOTS were buffed on 2/15, which I'm taking as the baseline. They are now worse than they were before the buff. Not some middle ground, worse than the baseline.

I'm wondering if all the number crunching is obscuring the issue.

It's like before we had two poison dots, one that did 50 damage per tick and one that did 100 damage per tick.

We expected that after consolidation the big one would now do 150 damage per tick. We were pleasantly surprised it did 175 damage per tick instead.

If the damage were scaled back to 150 damage per tick, everyone would be fine with that. Instead the big one does 75 damage per tick now, and it can't be stacked with the previous DOTS anymore, so it's not only strictly worse on a spell-to-spell numbers comparison it's also strictly worse as an entire package.

These numbers are made up but the problem is not.
    Kasthil and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. EQ Dev Developer

We just tested this a few minutes ago and can't reproduce lag on general channels, tells, or zoning. Do you have any more details?
  18. Heartland Augur

Can not log into Phinigel server with EQPlayNice/WinEQ running
  19. JChan Developer

We don't support third party software.
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. Slomoe New Member

Same here and for a lot of others