Waring_McMarrin's Recent Activity

1. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Reorganizing Zek and Incentives for Whole Guild Xfers.

It is important to have the correct information when making claims, Sure mercs have an impact on PvP but they didn't get introduced...

May 12, 2024 at 5:35 PM
  2. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Reorganizing Zek and Incentives for Whole Guild Xfers.

The PvP servers got merged into a single one 3 years before the introduction of mercs showing that PvP died long before mercs got...

May 12, 2024 at 5:24 PM
  3. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

You are the one complaining that how other players enjoy the game by utilizing personas impacts you when it doesn't. Someone playing a...

May 11, 2024 at 6:10 PM
  4. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Pointing out that people can use name/race/gender changes on their characters isn't shifting the goal posts it is pointing out the...

May 11, 2024 at 5:59 AM
  5. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

And another person playing as a bard with a persona or playing as a bard with an alt has no impact on you. If they are planning on...

May 10, 2024 at 2:55 PM
  6. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

The only thing they did was try to compare someone using personas to someone using drugs which isn't remotely the same thing. Someone...

May 10, 2024 at 1:46 PM
  7. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Just because a player can now play multiple classes with a single character instead of multiple alts doesn't mean that you are being...

May 10, 2024 at 5:28 AM
  8. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread RIP Everquest Travel and other mechanics.

I never said anything about alts, I was only referring to the persona system and that the suggestion would require the player to camp...

May 9, 2024 at 11:21 AM
  9. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread RIP Everquest Travel and other mechanics.

That sounds like it would make it harder to use with no real gain. I don't think that being able to origin/port to another starting...

May 9, 2024 at 11:07 AM
  10. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Personas won't impact you if you don't use them. If you want to claim that it breaks roleplaying when others use them just think of it...

May 9, 2024 at 11:04 AM
  11. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread RIP Everquest Travel and other mechanics.

Having to be in a starting city or non combat zone to swap personas already limits it to a degree.

May 9, 2024 at 10:42 AM
  12. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Level 50 heroic character - why?.

It is likely for the TLP crowd as it is available once PoP unlocks and we are unlikely a heroic that takes you to max level/AA.

May 8, 2024 at 9:24 AM
  13. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

For you maybe but that isn't the case for other players, who just want to have fun but don't care about any of the roleplay aspects of...

May 8, 2024 at 9:15 AM
  14. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Please make Tormax a no tradable krono server!.

All it will do is change how people buy items/plat and it won't solve the problems you think it will.

May 8, 2024 at 8:12 AM
  15. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Please make Tormax a no tradable krono server!.

Sure it isn't something that is smart to do but you are going to have players doing it, isn't that how the idea of power leveling works...

May 8, 2024 at 8:11 AM
  16. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Please make Tormax a no tradable krono server!.

All that it will change is people will do the krono part of the trade on another server.

May 8, 2024 at 6:30 AM
  17. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Patch Notes.

It is never updated until after the test patch is done and they just make the post as a reminder that the test patch is coming. They...

May 8, 2024 at 6:12 AM
  18. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

Correct, personas share the same inventory and bank as well as some other things. As an example if you have a warrior named Stune and...

May 8, 2024 at 6:01 AM
  19. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

It sounds like most of your complaints have nothing to do with personas and rather deal with alts. Personas all share the same...

May 8, 2024 at 5:23 AM
  20. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why the desire for full Valiant?.

There have been many posts in the past about how the T1 drops are worthless and a waste of DKP to buy, that is how they know what...

May 7, 2024 at 8:07 PM
  21. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

No matter how you try to frame it roleplaying has been dead in Everquest for many years. Your friend has already had the ability to...

May 7, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  22. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread After 26 years i get to retire..

They are completely optional and the idea of roleplaying has been dead in EQ for a very long time.

May 7, 2024 at 2:54 PM
  23. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Anniversary tower gear available at launch of teek/tormax?.

Just need to look at one of the other free trade servers to answer that question.

May 6, 2024 at 7:54 AM
  24. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Krono.....Waiting.

And that is where the real problems start, they trade those krono to other unrelated accounts which in term get hit with a ban for...

May 5, 2024
  25. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Absorbing an alt as a Persona.

If it was so obvious you would know that we are nowhere near the point that they would be willing to add a level 115 heroic to the...

May 3, 2024
  26. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Absorbing an alt as a Persona.

Level 85 was released between the last expansion with a level cap of 100 and the first with a level cap of 105. Level 100 was released...

May 3, 2024
  27. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Anniversary tower gear available at launch of teek/tormax?.

I don't think that everyone knows that they have those tools which is why I mentioned it. So it might be obvious to you not everyone...

May 3, 2024
  28. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Anniversary tower gear available at launch of teek/tormax?.

Both necromancers and shaman have tools that let them cast using hp instead of mana as well as other tools to convert hp to mana which...

May 3, 2024
  29. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Anniversary tower gear available at launch of teek/tormax?.

I don't think that is the case as all the content so far is in the original game and while it later includes RoK and SoV content given...

May 3, 2024
  30. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Anniversary tower gear available at launch of teek/tormax?.

Didn't they design the year of darkpaw quests to be available on all servers? Currently you can access it on all TLP servers and I would...

May 3, 2024
  31. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Absorbing an alt as a Persona.

There would still likely need to be a lot of items that would be transferred from alt to alt such as market place, expansion claims,...

May 2, 2024
  32. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Absorbing an alt as a Persona.

There is still the issue of needing to transfer items from alt to alt as you needed instead of having everything all in a single place.

May 2, 2024
  33. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Absorbing an alt as a Persona.

You can also make an alt just for the housing without needing to do things such as level needed tradeskill trophies again.

May 2, 2024
  34. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

They added no trade items in the first expansion and I am not sure when they added required/recommended levels. It doesn't matter why...

May 1, 2024
  35. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

There is a difference between the devs making a chance for various reasons and the players requesting with a false claim of that is how...

May 1, 2024
  36. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

It is the truth and a lot better then an argument that it how things worked for the release and parts of the first expansion is more...

May 1, 2024
  37. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

What impact twinking has or doesn't have on the game isn't relevant to the fact that items in general having required levels along with...

Apr 30, 2024
  38. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Reserve name question when merged, DBG?.

They can easily merge it into FV by removing the random loot rules and leaving it as a live server with free trade. Normally when a...

Apr 30, 2024
  39. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Reserve name question when merged, DBG?.

That is years away from happening and it will depend on what happens with Mischief when it reaches live. They are likely going to follow...

Apr 29, 2024
  40. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

And that has been a part of the game since levels have gotten to that point. It isn't a major issue that you can't twink your alts with...

Apr 29, 2024
  41. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread GFAY mobs.

That is my assumption but I can't say with certainty

Apr 29, 2024
  42. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread GFAY mobs.

The post is talking about level 35 mobs which would be under that level 50 cap.

Apr 29, 2024
  43. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Raids having no trade items is also old school as starting in Kunark VP raids used that feature. Also from what I have seen most games...

Apr 29, 2024
  44. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Popular names - lock them?.

Only if you have a character with that name and have at lease 200 days played at the start or 10 days played before the server launches...

Apr 28, 2024
  45. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Personas & Raid Lockouts..

As they share items and raid currencies they are not the same as alts and at that point they might as well remove lockouts.

Apr 28, 2024
  46. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

If you want raid gear you should either raid for it or move to a free trade server. The game hasn't had the idea of droppable raid loot...

Apr 27, 2024
  47. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Again, when it comes to paying customers it isn't as simple as you think especially when it comes to credit card payments and...

Apr 27, 2024
  48. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

What does it matter what the "original" intent was back in 1999? What matters is how the game has developed since that time and the...

Apr 27, 2024
  49. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

You are talking about a very small portion of the game overall no trade has been a major part of most of the game.

Apr 27, 2024
  50. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Private servers also have a much lower player base to monitor and can more freely ban people upon suspicion without much evidence...

Apr 26, 2024
  51. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

RMT does happen in pretty much every MMO how much it impacts you as a player will just depend on how they do it and how well the MMO...

Apr 26, 2024
  52. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

You would rather have Daybreak lose the income from players who are only subscribing from krono as well as move RMT back to third party...

Apr 26, 2024
  53. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

I think you are missing the point, people are going to do various RMT options regardless of krono being in the game. The addition of...

Apr 26, 2024
  54. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Even if they did you would still have a most of the RMT that is happening in the game, it would just increase the chances of people who...

Apr 26, 2024
  55. Waring_McMarrin liked niente's post in the thread Name /Reservation, How can I tell if I have a 200+, 100+, 50+ day character?.

It would be nice if we could list all the character names and /played time you have - the reason it works this way is because /played...

Apr 26, 2024
  56. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

And people will still be able to use krono exactly how they use it on other servers, it just adds a step to do part of the trade on...

Apr 26, 2024
  57. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Moving it to another server increases the risks by a lot but doesn't increase the difficulty of using it by much. All of the activities...

Apr 26, 2024
  58. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

That is true even if krono is on the server, all players need to build up from scratch starting with nothing.

Apr 26, 2024
  59. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Name /Reservation, How can I tell if I have a 200+, 100+, 50+ day character?.

If they had that kind of information available wouldn't we be able to log into a character directly from the patcher? Or at least...

Apr 25, 2024
  60. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Name /Reservation, How can I tell if I have a 200+, 100+, 50+ day character?.

You just need to type /played and that will tell you how many days you have played among other things. Total time playing X : 748 days,...

Apr 25, 2024
  61. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

Don't those adds build up over time? It would mean a strategy change to not let them build up as much instead of just keeping...

Apr 25, 2024
  62. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

What raids are you keeping more then 30 mobs mezzed at a time? Would help to know which ones this would cause an issue on.

Apr 25, 2024
  63. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

I never suggested that it wasn't possible since the day krono got introduced. The idea that krono won't have an impact on the server is...

Apr 25, 2024
  64. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

I don't remember if that was the case but since you can't get AA xp from it anymore it doesn't really matter.

Apr 25, 2024
  65. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, it doesn't matter if krono can't be consumed directly on the server as it can still be...

Apr 25, 2024
  66. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

If I remember right the EQ2 system was optional and I think it removed some of your xp debt if you did it but you could ignore it and...

Apr 25, 2024
  67. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread No Krono EQ2 Server.

Unless there is something lost in translation on that post it still sounds like you could log into another server to acquire/use a...

Apr 25, 2024
  68. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

If the change was to change it from 0-3 to 1-3 that would be fine, but I don't have faith that is the change that would be made. There...

Apr 25, 2024
  69. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I have always been saying that the new slot specific system is letting us gear up faster overall. This is true because not only does it...

Apr 25, 2024
  70. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

That only applies to a small number of AA and only if you care about getting those at all or before you finish leveling up the persona....

Apr 25, 2024
  71. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

That doesn't change the fact that you can still gear up faster then under the old one ore system. Yes, it does suck when you get a...

Apr 25, 2024
  72. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

FV isn't the only server that has had bonus XP over the years and in the long run I think that is a minor bonus. The bigger issue is...

Apr 25, 2024
  73. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

There have been posts showing that we finished faster last year then we did under the old single ore system. I just fear that if they...

Apr 25, 2024
  74. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The issue is that there seems to be a lot of feeling it isn't the same instead of looking at data over the course of the expansion....

Apr 25, 2024
  75. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The people who keep refuse to admit that the new system can't be better and keep cherry picking points of data to try and prove it are...

Apr 25, 2024
  76. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

And you are ignoring the fact that the expansion isn't even halfway done yet, that drop rates will increase as the number of possible...

Apr 25, 2024
  77. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

She also said that we finished gearing up in the last expansion faster then we have in the past and as we are not even half way through...

Apr 24, 2024
  78. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

My guild data has already been discussed in Adetia's posts and they are supporting the idea that it gearing up is faster. If guilds...

Apr 24, 2024
  79. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I am not moving the goal posts and I have been saying the same thing the entire time. Yes it sucks that you can get chests with no...

Apr 24, 2024
  80. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

My guild clears all raids every week and the new system allowed us to gear up faster then the old one ore system. I will ask again, if...

Apr 24, 2024
  81. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Did Teek lose Free Trade ?.

The post was updated to include that it is free trade enabled.

Apr 24, 2024
  82. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

I do raid and my guild has noticed that we geared up faster under the new system last expansion and are on a faster pace so far this...

Apr 24, 2024
  83. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

It looks like you have to be on the character with the name you want to use and do a /reserve to get a window to open and follow the...

Apr 24, 2024
  84. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

Isn't that the same as saying you get most of your level up XP from the expansion progression achievements? Sure you can use small...

Apr 24, 2024
  85. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

That isn't a fair way to judge the drop rates of item, at best you could say ignore the back/neck because of evolvers but weapons are...

Apr 24, 2024
  86. Waring_McMarrin liked Demetri's post in the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

Pretty sure those are achievements thus unless they're still available to be completed as the persona, wouldn't be relevant.

Apr 24, 2024
  87. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

How many have you gotten across the entire expansion? Just looking at small sample of raids doesn't give a fully accurate picture....

Apr 24, 2024
  88. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Because it shouldn't need to be spelled out in a statement saying that not everyone likes the ability to buy BIS from the bazzar in a...

Apr 23, 2024
  89. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

A. I never said that everyone felt that way, just that some do and krono are used for things besides buying BIS items. B. I never said...

Apr 23, 2024
  90. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

It is great that you like it but others prefer that you can't just buy all the top raid gear and it is just a matter of having enough...

Apr 23, 2024
  91. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread MoTM removed from AOC encounters on Teek.

You will hit a need for larger raid sizes before PoP and during that time the raid size is actually up to 72 players and it is only...

Apr 23, 2024
  92. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

There are still parts you can purchase for those quests and those would be a much smaller market then the TS items.

Apr 23, 2024
  93. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread MoTM removed from AOC encounters on Teek.

18-24 is only going to work for a few expansions as most of them have been designed around a larger raid size and that is even more...

Apr 23, 2024
  94. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

As far as tradeskills go you can sell the items needed for the combine as well as the containers for them in a lot of cases. Generally...

Apr 23, 2024
  95. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Yes, the original game and one expansion was fully tradeable while the remaining 29 expansions contained a mixture of tradeable and non...

Apr 23, 2024
  96. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

Looking at posts on a single forum and counting members on a discord is not gaging interest as you have no idea who is forming guilds...

Apr 22, 2024
  97. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Is that really a concern when you can already earn all of that equipment on FV already? If someone is going to be looking to sell gear...

Apr 22, 2024
  98. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

1. I did not suggest that was the only reason that people are starting to box, I just listed it as a single reason. 2. That doesn't...

Apr 22, 2024
  99. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

Looking at the population of discord servers for guilds that have posted that they are recruiting on a server doesn't give you the data...

Apr 21, 2024
  100. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

Considering how many expansions had mostly no drop items versus none or limited number of no drop Items I would question that.

Apr 21, 2024
  101. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

Using flawed data that doesn't give an accurate picture of what is going on. Not only is it true that not every one who is forming a...

Apr 21, 2024
  102. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

The title of the post was never the claim?

Apr 21, 2024
  103. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

The problem is when looking at those guilds with larger discord servers you have no idea how many of them are actually planning on...

Apr 21, 2024
  104. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

There are better ways to point out that Teak will have a larger population besides making a claim that Teak will have 20 guilds with...

Apr 21, 2024
  105. Waring_McMarrin liked Laberintica77's post in the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

What is your obsession to downplay Tormax? because it has the better name and you're jealous? Because it doesn't have multi-box for you...

Apr 21, 2024
  106. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

And you have no knowledge about how many of those discord users on the servers for Teak are actually going to play on the new server....

Apr 21, 2024
  107. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Boxing isn't happening just because the number of players has decreased but also because it is just more convenient for those that do...

Apr 21, 2024
  108. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

There are reasons to not like LDON besides boxing (which people can do easily enough in the expansion) as it is just repeating the same...

Apr 21, 2024
  109. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Yet those players are able to box existing missions and group content just fine and can even do it better then random pickup groups....

Apr 21, 2024
  110. Waring_McMarrin liked Basak's post in the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

Well, yeah. There is a hidden cache waiting to play it, same as there is hidden for Teek too. No argument here. Tormax is fine as it is,...

Apr 21, 2024
  111. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Going after the most rewarding content doesn't mean that they are going to stop boxing or invite random people to their groups. People...

Apr 21, 2024
  112. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Maybe, maybe not. But comparing that to a monster mission where level, gear, AA, spells don't matter at all is a bit silly.

Apr 21, 2024
  113. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

It is one thing to suggest that Teak will have more players then Tormax as that makes sense given that Teak is only the second round of...

Apr 21, 2024
  114. Waring_McMarrin liked Basak's post in the thread 20 Teek Guilds (4000+ players), 2 Tormax Guilds (40 players).

I know about 2 more guilds starting on Tormax that are not advertising here or in discord. I do realize that if they did advertise here...

Apr 21, 2024
  115. Waring_McMarrin liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Anniversary Tower Feedback.

Can we get some sort of identifiers on the Tower doors? Different colors, symbols, numbers, or whatever would be useful.

Apr 21, 2024
  116. Waring_McMarrin liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Anniversary Tower Feedback.

Do you think everyone is going to go in order 1 floor at a time? Do you think everyone wants to count floor by floor each time?

Apr 21, 2024
  117. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Comparing monster missions where you don't play your own character which removes the need to consider gear/AA of the players in the...

Apr 21, 2024
  118. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

If people are already boxing the content in current expansions why would they stop that for an LDON type expansion?

Apr 21, 2024
  119. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

That doesn't solve the problem as most people would want to transfer just for that no drop gear that is easier to get on FV then it is...

Apr 21, 2024
  120. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

I am sure the RMT crowd would love that ability as a way to sell high end raid gear to a larger crowd.

Apr 20, 2024
  121. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch..

That they finally got around to adjusting the ratios of the weapons now that they had time to implement the changes from the fix put in...

Apr 20, 2024
  122. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Tower mount stats are too weak!.

What impact would that have on TLP servers that don't have EoK opened yet?

Apr 18, 2024
  123. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Persona's.

When you purchase the expansion it comes with 3/5/7 slots depending on what version of the expansion you buy any additional ones come at a...

Apr 18, 2024
  124. Waring_McMarrin liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

And also when LDON was released we got 2 expansions a year. Now we would get one just an LDON style.

Apr 18, 2024
  125. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

Sounded more like if they wanted to make a new version for levels 100-125 they would need to create 6 different versions of everything...

Apr 18, 2024
  126. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

You still seem to be missing the major issue which is that they don't have the same number of developers that they had in the past. If...

Apr 18, 2024
  127. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Personas - Trials of Mata Muram and DoN progression AA.

As of this patch that is the case - Merged the DoN Progression AA lines, Gift of the Dark Reign and Gift of the Keepers, into a new...

Apr 17, 2024
  128. Waring_McMarrin liked CatsPaws's post in the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

As mentioned this has been brought up before and there are many posts for and against but bottom line is: Quote Absor: Unfortunately,...

Apr 17, 2024
  129. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Play in Full Screen issue. Please help..

They had a patch note about fixing launching in full screen for the test patch but I don't see it in the live patch notes

Apr 17, 2024
  130. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

It would still be making a bunch of content that would likely get a lot less use then the current/new max level content that people...

Apr 17, 2024
  131. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

And you seem to be missing the issue that the devs don't really have enough time as it is. In the latest expansion they cut the number...

Apr 17, 2024
  132. Waring_McMarrin liked klanderso's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The downside of doing patches in the middle of the night (which would probably be anywhere from 9pm to 4am Pacific) is that it's 100%...

Apr 17, 2024
  133. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

The problem isn't the number of people who would like it but the amount of work it would take compared to what we get with expansions...

Apr 17, 2024
  134. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I assume it means the middle of the night for the people running the patch and for people in (or align with) American time zones.

Apr 17, 2024
  135. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I didn't say that it impacted the entire team and just because it doesn't impact the entire team doesn't mean that it doesn't impact...

Apr 17, 2024
  136. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Ah, that makes your response make much more sense!

Apr 17, 2024
  137. Waring_McMarrin liked smash's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

i responded to wrong one, was ment for bobkin

Apr 17, 2024
  138. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

They don't work overnight and if it was patched during their work time they would happen during prime time US raid time. From my...

Apr 17, 2024
  139. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

If you don't care about the schedule of the developers who are in charge of patches.

Apr 17, 2024
  140. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant...

LDON style missions take a long time to develop because they need to design all the NPCs, spells, drops and other things for each level...

Apr 17, 2024
  141. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

You don't need krono in order to do that.

Apr 17, 2024
  142. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

You could have 20 or more devs on the Everquest team and not have scrums with that many people, it would be a simple matter of...

Apr 16, 2024
  143. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I'd love....

Kind of hard to do that when you purchase the expansion and rewards well before the expansion is available.

Apr 15, 2024
  144. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

Maybe that is the rules for a PvP TLP where you drop any krono you have when you are killed by players.

Apr 15, 2024
  145. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I'd love....

There are plenty of bags that are gotten through the claim system that would impact bag sales.

Apr 15, 2024
  146. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

Krono where specifically designed from the start to be tracked from creation (someone buying them from Daybreak) to consumption...

Apr 15, 2024
  147. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread I'd love....

Seems like a way to end the sales of a bunch of items that are designed to be sold every year such as new bag sales for each TLP server....

Apr 15, 2024
  148. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

That appears to be what the side arguing against krono is saying.

Apr 15, 2024
  149. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

You mean a server that shutdown around 6 years before krono got introduced didn't have krono? And pretty sure it had all the issues...

Apr 14, 2024
  150. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

They have had a server in the past with perks that cost extra to play on and that server is no longer in service. There is a reason why...

Apr 14, 2024
  151. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

As you said, removing krono from a server or the game won't stop RMT, it will just increase the risk of people who are wanting to make...

Apr 14, 2024
  152. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

And all of it happened in Everquest long before they added krono to the game and would still happen on a server that didn't have krono.

Apr 14, 2024
  153. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

It would require a different subscription from the rest of the game which will put a big limit on it for people that want to play on...

Apr 14, 2024
  154. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

And it will kill a significant part of the market for players who only trade for krono for alt accounts or to trade for other things...

Apr 13, 2024
  155. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

That would still kill the concept of krono as many people trade for them to use on alt accounts or to trade them for other things...

Apr 13, 2024
  156. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

Any krono that is limited to a single server/game or becomes no trade after it is traded a single time is useless to most people....

Apr 12, 2024
  157. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Please go back to the roots of EQ's gameplay loop.

Keeping multiple sets of gear so that you have the ability to retrieve your gear is not an enjoyable experience, just as getting...

Apr 12, 2024
  158. Waring_McMarrin liked ttobey's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

It's a very cool demo but running a character around an Unreal environment and making a fully working game are two different stories.

Apr 11, 2024
  159. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

And adding a license that costs 5% of Everquest's revenue could cause the game to lose enough profitability to cause it to be shutdown....

Apr 11, 2024
  160. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

An interview from the CEO of the company that makes and licenses the Unreal graphics engine so of course they are going to give what...

Apr 11, 2024
  161. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Seeking Advice from Mischief Raid Guilds.

You might also check how the guilds on FV handle loot as they have free trade as well.

Apr 11, 2024
  162. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

And I don't think anyone is in disagreement on that point, but just because it makes the game look better doesn't mean it makes...

Apr 11, 2024
  163. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Sure, the CEO of the company that develops the Unreal engine is going to say whatever they can to convince people to use their product....

Apr 11, 2024
  164. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

The problem is that there is evidence that shows that guilds can gear up faster in the new system. This change also reduced the cost...

Apr 11, 2024
  165. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

How much leverage do you expect Daybreak to have in negotiations? It isn't like converting a 25+ year old game (or any of the Daybreak...

Apr 11, 2024
  166. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Why not provide what you have seen to show how it would help, it is easy to say that the 5% license costs wouldn't be an issue but it...

Apr 11, 2024
  167. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

The license fee isn't a one time thing and you have to pay it every year which adds up to a big cost over time for Everquest. And...

Apr 10, 2024
  168. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I was able to see it working on my computer with the test server but it showed up on the wrong monitor and I couldn't move it. From...

Apr 10, 2024
  169. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I don't think it is an EQ option as there is another post about it.

Apr 10, 2024
  170. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

No, I don't think you can say that about a 25+ year old game in regards to moving to a graphics engine that will cost 5%+ of the...

Apr 10, 2024
  171. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

If that is how you want to look at it, what is the point of yet another thread showing how someone moved a zone (or a couple of zones)...

Apr 10, 2024
  172. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

And how does that show that Daybreak would want to spend 5%+ of their revenue on licensing costs in addition to the costs to convert...

Apr 10, 2024
  173. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread UI toolkit?.

I think the faster loading of changes is one of the reasons they want to move to the new UI to make it easier to make changes to the...

Apr 10, 2024
  174. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread UI toolkit?.

That should explain why the UI convertor isn't for converting the default windows. As a dev stated in another thread the work to...

Apr 10, 2024
  175. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - New Bugs Only.

The game doesn't seem to remember what monitor it should be on when you move it and opens on your primary monitor. It also seems to...

Apr 10, 2024
  176. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Where have all the shroud boys gone.

There is a message of the day that says they have been removed and to contact CS if you are in a shroud and need it removed. I have not...

Apr 10, 2024
  177. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread UI toolkit?.

The entire point of the conversion tool is to convert custom UI windows that have already been converted. The devs will be doing the...

Apr 10, 2024
  178. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

Sure, but this was a response to the suggestion that making a random loot server without free trade and thinking that it wouldn't have...

Apr 10, 2024
  179. Waring_McMarrin liked Bartholomo's post in the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

did this guy just recommend random loot without free trade? I dont know if you thought that through properly, but without the free trade...

Apr 10, 2024
  180. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Server locked krono.

It would also be dead on arrival as it would require a separate subscription from the other servers meaning people would either pay for...

Apr 10, 2024
  181. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

I will still argue that when groups get items that no one can use and they are no drop you will see complaints on the forums.

Apr 10, 2024
  182. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

And when those camps don't drop the desired items and only drop stuff that no one needs people will complain.

Apr 10, 2024
  183. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Nope, that isn't true at all. I am simply pointing out that we don't need repeated threads showing how someone converted a single or...

Apr 10, 2024
  184. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

On a normal server you are camping mob X for drop Y and while you might not get it every time you kill mob X you know it will drop from...

Apr 10, 2024
  185. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Huh? If this was possible wouldn't the much larger game development companies be doing that to reduce their costs?

Apr 10, 2024
  186. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

While I would like to be hopeful, do you really see that changing the graphics engine would bring in that much more money?

Apr 10, 2024
  187. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

That is what the license deal is, 5% of revenue on projects that make over 1 million and I don't see Daybreak having the leverage to...

Apr 10, 2024
  188. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

You can dream all you want but at some point you need to accept reality as well. Given the fact that there would be a large cost to...

Apr 10, 2024
  189. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

And you don't think they wouldn't jump at new methods of getting agro that are possibly better and cost less to use?

Apr 10, 2024
  190. Waring_McMarrin replied to the thread Changes I would have made to the TWO rulesets to better serve the population split.

The issue isn't single items that you can't use but when nothing on the mob drops that you can use. Just because you have the option of...

Apr 10, 2024