MileyVyrus's Recent Activity

1. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

I'm not superior to anyone. Just be honest with yourself. If you are talented enough to box and you don't, that doesn't make you morally...

May 26, 2024 at 2:22 PM
  2. MileyVyrus replied to the thread DP, Tormax is ready for an answer..

Is this the part where you pretend daybreaks corporate welfare is what causes you to lose sleep at night? If you aren't actively affected...

May 26, 2024 at 2:07 PM
  3. MileyVyrus replied to the thread DP, Tormax is ready for an answer..

The most enjoyable part of Tormax is how it's mere existence makes so many people angry.

May 26, 2024 at 12:14 PM
  4. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

I think we're to the point where we need to start throwing around "Boxer Derangement Syndrome". Because I've yet to see boxers in these...

May 26, 2024 at 12:11 PM
  5. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

Exactly. You've read these forums, how can you possibly be surprised something that limits the interactions to the people who post on...

May 25, 2024 at 8:55 AM
  6. MileyVyrus replied to the thread "Tormax DoA".

There was no pick in Steamfont on Tormax for the first 2 hrs after startup before i headed to Unrest. We shared the courtyard trash with...

May 22, 2024
  7. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

If we are playing money math right now, one boxer who isn't even in this thread is paying DPG more money a month then every squeaky wheel...

May 9, 2024
  8. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Wait, so the second they could profitability fix something they did? Oh man, they could work on boxing next!... oh.... nm... hard stop.

May 6, 2024
  9. MileyVyrus liked Metanis's post in the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

It'd be super fun if the coders made eqgame.exe attack itself whenever it found another instance running on the same machine. Then us...

May 6, 2024
  10. MileyVyrus liked Meow's post in the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

Players like this guy are why I pretty much exclusively box now. I used to prefer meeting new people and playing one character but...

May 6, 2024
  11. MileyVyrus liked Sheila's post in the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

I love this response because it’s what you get whenever you discuss things with the one char only crowd and it’s why it’s hard to them...

May 6, 2024
  12. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

They did this at the start of Aradune and the amount of false positives petitioned and general treatment of the GMs had DPG waving...

May 4, 2024
  13. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

I'm pro- easter bunny and tooth fairy. That doesn't change my plans for this May, though. Aradune not only violently murdered Darkpaw's...

May 2, 2024
  14. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

Thats an interesting line to take. I also am at a loss why so many are anti-Tormax. I think at a base level they are just terrfied...

Apr 30, 2024
  15. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

There is a lot of truth in this. The reason the people who drive a single character catch so many strays is because even in forming a...

Apr 30, 2024
  16. MileyVyrus liked Wordor's post in the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

I love this game. But unfortunately, it's gameplay is very slow. To me, it's very boring playing a single toon. Boxing helps alleviate this.

Apr 30, 2024
  17. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

This should be immediately pinned to every new boxing thread lol. its so true.

Apr 30, 2024
  18. MileyVyrus liked Shalom's post in the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

I'd agree boxing is the plague of EQ. I would also agree EQ would be dead without boxing. Close this thread.

Apr 30, 2024
  19. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

Absolutely! All the zero-problems boxers will play on the other server, and all the zone disrupter, camp monopolizing, automated box...

Apr 30, 2024
  20. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Where do we draw the line on a Truebox bypass?.

Letting you use VMWare because you don't have forty bucks and a desire or ability to hit heal on the laptop allows everyone actually...

Apr 30, 2024
  21. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Where do we draw the line on a Truebox bypass?.

6 separate computers/laptops tends to be mage armies with limited functionality. The dude running around with 4 melee toons, a shammy...

Apr 30, 2024
  22. MileyVyrus replied to the thread GFAY mobs.

It's like the Fabled Event. It's beyond pointless for most the people active on the server, and it drops deep red raid mobs all over the...

Apr 29, 2024
  23. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Teek Population / Log In Concerns.

Then they get to rubberstamp the only 2 relatively smooth tlp launches in recent memory. :) That said, this will be our first...

Apr 28, 2024
  24. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Teek Population / Log In Concerns.

Random loot and Kunark launch is literally the quickest, easiest, and most successful way to combat item camping, zone disruption,...

Apr 26, 2024
  25. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

C'mon, you know that no one is pulling ALL of Deep/Seb/Velks/Poi/etc. ;)

Apr 26, 2024
  26. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Its very off-putting, indeed. I just discount Efreeti because its a luxury item. Since we've established we are both tradeskillers,...

Apr 26, 2024
  27. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

In the 1st and 3rd paragraph you are actually the one forcing other people to adapt to your particular playstyle/preferences. I'm not...

Apr 26, 2024
  28. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

PS - my favorite moment on Thornblade was getting a shrink wand in Griegs.... Yet more proof there are so many better, more exciting ways...

Apr 26, 2024
  29. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Hell a couple TLPs ago I participated in PUG aoe groups in PoI on a couple occasions and random guild aoe groups in multiple zones quite a...

Apr 26, 2024
  30. MileyVyrus liked omgomg's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

if tormax was an oakwynd clone with some additional xp bonus, it would be long term viable

Apr 24, 2024
  31. MileyVyrus liked NuffanTuit's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

That is what the anti-boxer crowd is convinced of...Boxer are out to exploit, boxers are simply krono farmers. And for some boxers...

Apr 24, 2024
  32. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Teek Population / Log In Concerns.

Since Darkpaw has taken over it's been a night and day difference compared to the olden days of tlp. The last couple years it's been a very...

Apr 24, 2024
  33. MileyVyrus liked Zansobar's post in the thread Teek and AoC Lockouts --.

The masses spoke and made Mischief the most popular server in EQ history. They probably shouldn't mess with what isn't broken.

Apr 24, 2024
  34. MileyVyrus liked Kahna's post in the thread Teek - Leveling Paths.

Lighten up, Francis. This isn't some new and unknown ruleset we are talking about. No one was locking down all the camps on...

Apr 12, 2024
  35. MileyVyrus liked Larsen's post in the thread Non enchanter 6 box ideas....

Even if we pretend charm doesn't exist, enchanter is still a key member of any optimized group. Clarity, haste and reliable CC is enough...

Apr 11, 2024
  36. MileyVyrus liked Binskie's post in the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

I play a wizard. He gets it.

Apr 11, 2024
  37. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

Whoa, nelly! We were talking about relaxed boxing, not unlimited. Rizolna was just the only recent example of *any* form of relaxed...

Apr 11, 2024
  38. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

The best part about oakwynd was being able use the shared bank to pass no trade heirloom stuff to your alts. It increased the viable...

Apr 11, 2024
  39. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Ragefire and Lockjaw were some of the first TLPs we played on. You have to give people the benefit that they skilled up a touch in...

Apr 11, 2024
  40. MileyVyrus liked Sheila's post in the thread Server locked krono.

My favorite are all of the different flavors of people posting that want to play like it's 2001, very vocal in every thread about the way...

Apr 10, 2024
  41. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Server locked krono.

I've always enjoyed the concept that a massive group of relatively similar people with similar interests... who enjoy a specific 25...

Apr 10, 2024
  42. MileyVyrus liked Atomos's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Of course it was. It's way easier to farm krono while boxing on a truebox server than it is to farm krono while boxing on a boxing...

Apr 10, 2024
  43. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Server locked krono.

Yup, its amazing how many people are willing to play Everquest for free. It's quite the tried and true business model.

Apr 10, 2024
  44. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Non enchanter 6 box ideas....

Path of least resistance is always a boring enc/clr/mag x4 and then just grind up what you truly want to raid with after. Easiest way to...

Apr 10, 2024
  45. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Non enchanter 6 box ideas....

If you are planning on playing a few expansions with a raid guild, biting the bullet and firing up 3 rangers for Luclin+ dominance would be...

Apr 10, 2024
  46. MileyVyrus replied to the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Think of the lives we could save by lowering the speed limit to 10 mph on highways. In all seriousness, people are begging for...

Apr 10, 2024
  47. MileyVyrus liked Doze's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Heh, so far upgrading to dx11 have brought nothing but bad things to EverQuest (that I have noticed anyway).

Apr 10, 2024
  48. MileyVyrus liked Doze's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

That is how the PB AE have worked for over 24 years though and some parts of the game have been specifically engineered with that...

Apr 10, 2024
  49. MileyVyrus liked Jojogo's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Anything to try and stop the insane aoe spam 24/7 is an a+ in my book. Anyone whos mad just enjoys exploits.

Apr 10, 2024
  50. MileyVyrus liked Doze's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

Yeah, as I said then it will barely makes a dent in that particular problem (which seems to be the singular reason for introducing such...

Apr 10, 2024
  51. MileyVyrus liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread PBAE spells on test now only hit a max of 30 mobs.

30 seems like a safe number for most raid purposes. Can anyone think of one where this will pose an issue? Looks like its definitely...

Apr 10, 2024
  52. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Amen on the path of least resistance. Here's the small wrench thrown in : we should NOT assume everyone going solo or boxing a...

Apr 10, 2024
  53. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I get how it doesn't really solve any problems, but wouldn't it be *interesting* to see a Mischief clone go up against a Relaxed Truebox...

Apr 10, 2024
  54. MileyVyrus liked Xhieron's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

To clarify: Simply having an opinion is no big deal. I said I don't understand the viciousness; that's the thing that makes me suspect bad...

Apr 10, 2024
  55. MileyVyrus liked Hamshire's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I believe TLPs originally launched as single servers then due to popularity they got cloned into double servers. At no point has a third...

Apr 10, 2024
  56. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Rogues on TLPs - Easy Fixes.

Necroing this thread from before the Kunark tlp launch was announced was an A+ troll. Well played.

Apr 10, 2024
  57. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I also wish a lot more of Oakwynd was incorporated into these servers. Whats fun with random loot is a ton of epic items are now...

Apr 9, 2024
  58. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

Sorry, man.. Those flat out running the full on armies weren't playing by the rules in the first place. Those cheating openly aren't...

Apr 8, 2024
  59. MileyVyrus liked Chanaluss's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I have 2 pieces of feedback. 1.) I am concerned with the lack of draw on Tormax server. Yelinak did not have the greatest draw as a...

Apr 8, 2024
  60. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

Surely the people already boxing/botting are 100% not the ones that need/ask for anything.... They already are boxing. The last...

Apr 8, 2024
  61. MileyVyrus liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

EC tunnel is the dumbest gameplay of all time. Yes. I choose to actually play content and offline trader than sit in a tan cave for hours...

Apr 8, 2024
  62. MileyVyrus liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Nobody wants a kunark start.

I want a Kunark start, I really don't want to sit in Guk/SolB/OoT after level 40 again if I can help it.

Apr 8, 2024
  63. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

No, they realize how lucky they have it, that's why they play the early eras.

Apr 6, 2024
  64. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

No, its just that the people that play and level one character and actually willingly experience pickup groups and the hilarity of trying...

Apr 6, 2024
  65. MileyVyrus liked Brazy's post in the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

Oakwynd decided to make lockouts linked to the character over account wide and I think this was one of the best changed brought to TLPs in...

Apr 6, 2024
  66. MileyVyrus replied to the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

I wonder what percentage of Oakwynds current population is dry-running level1-50 in Kunark. Whatever the number is now i bet by April 20th...

Apr 6, 2024
  67. MileyVyrus liked jeskola's post in the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

Breaking news: 3 casual forum warriors will play on tormax for 2 weeks.

Apr 6, 2024
  68. MileyVyrus liked IheartEQ's post in the thread I Am Excited For Tormax.

/shout Three casual forum warriors are searching for a healer, a puller, and a cc'er. Please send tells to... :)

Apr 6, 2024
  69. MileyVyrus replied to the thread 2025 TLPs.

Imagine the love child that poster #1 and #3 would create for this forum.

Apr 6, 2024
  70. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

OP isnt wrong here, there was a LOT of good ideas in Oakwynd... The lockouts not being account wide, the heirloom passing via shared...

Apr 6, 2024
  71. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

I agree with you in spirit, but keep in mind that Mischief and Thornblade were also 'increased' loot which turned mobs into rare drop...

Apr 4, 2024
  72. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

1000x this. Seeing Tormax AOCs in places like Lavastorm and Ro would be hilarious.

Apr 4, 2024
  73. MileyVyrus liked Arclyte's post in the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

is it too late to swap the names? teek is so lame, but tormax is metal AF

Apr 4, 2024
  74. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Kunark Epics #nobottlenecks?.

So much of Sky's loot table is negated by Kunark loot. Especially when you consider the amount of invested time it takes to raid sky...

Apr 4, 2024
  75. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

The Karens of the land defeated the Aradune CS team by the end of the first week. We'll never see anything resembling a 2-box server again....

Apr 4, 2024
  76. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ.

Imagine these forums if boxers actually posted from all of their potential forum accounts... Or posted on the forums much at all, really....

Apr 3, 2024
  77. MileyVyrus liked Bobbybick's post in the thread 2 things TLP Guilds don't need to succeed.

This is one of the best takes I think I've ever seen on the forums.

Apr 3, 2024
  78. MileyVyrus liked coltongrundy's post in the thread 2 things TLP Guilds don't need to succeed.

Of course it works out. This kind of reply is exactly why it needs to stop. Think about it for 1 second... How does your guild acquire...

Apr 3, 2024
  79. MileyVyrus replied to the thread 2 things TLP Guilds don't need to succeed.

As someone who's been in a handful of guilds over my EQ days, and spent time on the officer side (mostly against my will, as is the...

Mar 31, 2024
  80. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Does Truebox actually solve anything?.

More single boxers have more time and desire to post on forums, thats why forums seem to tilt whinier than the actual player base. Heck,...

Mar 21, 2024
  81. MileyVyrus replied to the thread I want a normal loot server but where you don't have to level. You just always are max level and AA..

Wasn't the whole point of Agnarr the ability to have a Max level tricked out character in the current era forever? I'd be willing to bet a...

Mar 15, 2024
  82. MileyVyrus replied to the thread How about a server where everyone starts with their epic 1.0?.

There actually was an <name redacted type of server> called EZ that stood for 'extended zones' where it did give u the epic at level one...

Mar 15, 2024
  83. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

The Aradune server violently murdered any desire DPG had to police anything ever again and directly inspired FTE. Within 2 weeks of...

Mar 15, 2024
  84. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

A huge, free-to-play audience. Why don't real estate agents target homeless people? They need a home!

Mar 14, 2024
  85. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?.

For the same reason McDonalds doesn't limit each customer to one cheeseburger per visit. Businesses want to increase profits....

Mar 14, 2024
  86. MileyVyrus replied to the thread 2 Quality of life changes to grow EQ.

Research is toast about 3 weeks into kunark as far as being a money maker. The last few tlps there has been an abundance of guild...

Mar 13, 2024
  87. MileyVyrus replied to the thread 2 Quality of life changes to grow EQ.

^^^^ 1000x this. Im all for day 1 bazaar, even though the bazaar bots are arguably more frustrating than the real bots. The time...

Mar 13, 2024
  88. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Does Truebox actually solve anything?.

And thats the key to all of it. Most of us are dads n' husbands. The boxers and the solo folks. Being able to fire up the PCs and get...

Mar 13, 2024
  89. MileyVyrus replied to the thread If you had to choose...

Classic. Lizards were too OP'd and unbalanced the game.

Mar 5, 2024
  90. MileyVyrus replied to the thread The TLP Question? New character vs New Economy?.

We play the new server to play with friends playing on the new server. A lot of folks didn't get the chance to play on mischief/thornblade...

Mar 2, 2024
  91. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Now for the important 25th TLP question.

Fansy the Bard. He could shout "GO TEAM GOOD GUYS!" whenever you fired up a DZ. Honorable mention to Alliezaur and the rathe mtn...

Mar 2, 2024
  92. MileyVyrus replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Pick Up Grouping hits it peak in Velious because Velks is 3 steps from a druid portal. It takes a big hit in Luclin when Griegs is 2 full...

Dec 13, 2023