Zatanna Ally for Celestial?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by SuperEpik, Apr 19, 2024.

1. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

So.... how's Zatanna as an ally for a Celestial Pet build? My current loadout is Plague, Retribution, MERCY Attack, Godwave Strength and Word of Power. Current allies are Krypto for damage, Aquaman and Cyborg. Artifacts are MERCY, Source Shard and Quislet. I was planning on switching out Cyborg for Zatanna. Any thoughts?

Also, please don't kill me. I need to live to see next month.
  2. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

..... nooooooooo my sig isn't loading anymore *sad Epik noises*
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

1. You should know Zatanna only works on "summoned" pets (only your RSK will benefit, nothing else).

2. You very well could end up with power issues: test your rotation first without cyborg (and in open world or the glitching targets).

Play the way that you want, whatever is fun for you. That being said, if you were wanting a non-pet focused build, there are options that would do a higher amount of dmg/s. I only mention because I toyed with a celestial pet build, and per my play style, it began to feel bland relatively quickly. Not the case for everyone though.
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zatanna only works properly with Fury/Crystal.

These pets use their power bar effectively to a point where sustaining it will help you. Rsk is too power-efficient to make Zatanna beneficial, especially with Mercy.

On top of that, you can have a Troll in your group using BoP commlink, which acts like a PoT for pets too.

So all in all it would be a huge waste.

Oh, also, combos dont trigger Zatanna, meaning Plague doesnt add four stacks to Zatannas effect but just one. Not that this would make any difference, but still worth noting.
    • Like x 2
  5. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Zatanna ally is bugged it’s activating at 5 abilities. Had me thinking my combos were working. I had a feeling it wasn’t but I knew it felt way too fast.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesnt. Its a visual queue at 5, so you know it activates on your next ability cast. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Oh.
    • Like x 1