WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Its hard to come up with much more than threats when faced with the truth apparently. Unless you wanted to meet up for a hug of course.

So are you going to let this thread return to being about DC News now or are you going to incomprehensibly and inexcusably compare yourself to someone incredible like Rosa Parks for another 2 pages again?
  2. Controller Devoted Player

So you'd rather have a Black Man with absolutely NO POWERS representing Superman? And - of course - wearing his emblem like some cheap dime store ripoff.

So are you an Emblem Chaser? A Label worshipper?

Let's be real, here - (as your self-proclaimed label implies) - John Henry Irons (nor his smart daughter) have NO POWERS...but THIS MAN DOES

[IMG]

Why is it such a stretch with SOME people to have a Super-Powered BLACK MAN - one as powerful as Superman - relevant?

One who LIVED Slavery (unlike Superman)...one who fought in WW1 and WW2 (unlike Superman)....one who endured terrible hardships (Well, Superman WAS raised on a Kansas Farm by a nice couple.................................................)

See what I did there?

Does this intimidate some? I'm sure it does....

I've been looking White, Black, Asian, Mexican - men in their eyes for the last 30-40 years. Know why? Because I'm JUST AS GOOD AS THEY ARE.

if that bothers some then that's on THEM - not ME.

Icon is just as good (and worthy) as Superman. He DESERVES to be included in the DC / WB Cinematic Universe - he, Rocket AND many other Milestone Characters.

As for the other circular non sense your spouting? It's not worth even commenting on.
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

If you're too foolish to see what I did with the Rosa Parks picture then I don't know what to tell you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Would I like to have a highly intelligent Black Man with no powers who has the will, drive and intellect to build himself an armoured suit in order to keep his city safe in honour of his fallen hero? Yeah. If you were seeking representation, you won't find a better example.

At this stage I've had to send multiple reports for you. For the threat earlier and the attempt to goad someone into an insult match with your own (failed) insults, which under DCUO T&Cs is classified as Trolling. So this ends with 4 simple words:

Stop

Derailing

This

Thread
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Let me break this down further for you, Talks2muchsense -

Thor is a GOD. He is also categorically White.

Captain America is a SUPER SOLDIER - an enhanced human. He is also White.

Superman is categorically White.

Wonder Woman is in Superman's power class. She is categorically White.

Falcon is Black - but derives his "Power" from a flying suit he designed.

War Machine is a suit of Armor - basically STOLEN from Tony Stark (who is White) but WORN by a Black Man is Rodrick Rhodes.

Black Panther is unique but is not EVEN CLOSE to the same Power Class as Thor. He's barely able to hold his own against Captain America.

Captain Marvel is as powerful as Thor - or VERY close to it. She is categorically White.

Meanwhile - Blue Marvel is BURIED and not spoken of in Marvel Universe.

[IMG]

He is a Black Man with ACTUAL POWERS - powers of Anti-Matter. HIS POWERS are as beautiful and Unique as Thor's.

THIS is what I mean by POWER DIVERSITY.

I'm not asking for Icon or Blue Marvel to be MORE POWERFUL THAN Superman orThor and go Nat Turner on Earth's population. I'm ASKING for them to be FEATURED so we can have this SO-CALLED "Perfect Union" that I keep hearing about in America.
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

I don't care how many "reports" you've done on me.

You're nonsensical and I suspect that your Hunted2468 or Hunted1357 - Banned account.

I'm sure you've been reported too - by any decent poster reading your nonsense.

You're pitiful. Don't act like a VICTIM just because I tossed facts your way - facts that you cannot handle or understand or even TRY to talk to me about.

EVERYTHING I've posted has been featured in an ACTUAL COMIC or an Animated series.

Reading is Fundamental.
    • Like x 1
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Lol LOOK at yourself, Talk2muchsense - "YOU" started this on Page 63 by saying you wouldn't even READ my reply to you. You brazenly dismissed me as unworthy to even speak with.

Now you're trying to play VICTIM? C'mon and put your big boy (or girl) pants on.

You know the FUNNY thing is that it was MY SON who turned me onto Icon - back in 2016. I hadn't even heard of this unique character.
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

Speaking of Milestone (DC) Characters and supposed movies - is Static's movie still happening under "James Gunn's Eight to Ten year Plan for DC Movies?"

https://thedirect.com/article/static-shock-movie-dc-cancelled

Static would be a PERFECT opening for Icon and Rocket to appear as well - being that Static and Rocket have had a funny relationship since their early (1990's) Milestone days.
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Some interesting movement today. Apparently Wonder Woman 3 is toe tagged. Gunn and Safran are in the process of clearing the slate. Black Adam 2 is also apparently dead in the water, it underperformed financially, and apparently Cavill's cameo was due to pressure from Johnson, and the executives are none too happy with it being presented as Henry Cavill returning to the fold, it wasn't, it was a one time thing, and now Johnson has put the studio in an awkward place.

The current slate is holding steady, Shazam, and Blue Beetle. The most interesting thing I heard was Momoa being dumped from Aquaman and stepping into Lobo's shoes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Some interesting scuttlebutt today. Gunn is apparently looking to the TAS Batman/Superman and Justice League unlimited for inspiration regarding tone, and how to bring lesser characters into the fold. I have to say, I hadn't thought of doing that, but it would an interesting way of setting apart the DCEU from the Marvel movies, but also keeping a continuity which is seemingly in demand.

Gunn is taking a lot of flak for his dismantling of the Snyder Verse. Truth be told though, I don't think he had a choice. He is doing a better job of talking to the talent than had been happening in previous months. And he's seems to be navigating the egos is a reasonable way.
    • Like x 1
  11. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Any chance you could include links with these announcements?

There's sites that have good histories of reputable reporting and are mostly believable like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, and then theres sites that dish out absolute nonsense just for clicks like CBR, Cosmicbook News and Heroic Hollywood.

It'd be nice to know exactly where this information is coming from.
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I'm still grappling with Henry's departure. God I wish him well.

Here is one of MANY scenes that I think ONLY HE could pull off:

What a way to HUMANIZE a character. I don't believe such a scene has been done like this before in ANY Superman movie - much less ANY Fictional hero / villain film....besides perhaps THIS SCENE from the CLASSIC X-Men Animated series

I truly wish James Gunn and Pete Safran WELL as they try to move DC Movies forward but whomever is brought in to fill Henry's shoes have HUGE shoes to fill.

[IMG]

I'm keeping an open mind, though.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

I keep getting popups from that "Comicbook News" you mentioned....it looked credible but I didn't post it here because I wasn't completely sure.

What Quantum Edge just posted had an article there stating just what he stated.

Are there ANY "credible" links out there that we could refer to?

"IF" that article is true I think that would be a GREAT source for James and Pete to pull from....I'd even include Young Justice as well.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It was one of James Gunn's tweets, I've learned that's the best way of hearing things unfiltered. Talks2Much is right, a lot of those web sites are notorious for spinning their own "This is what DC is planning next...." with absolutely no evidence.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I've pretty much lost all faith in the DC movie verse, they clearly have no direction and go into panic mode every time a movie doesn't do as well as they hoped so they scrap everything and reboot only to make the same mistakes over and over. They were almost on a good path when they announced henry cavil returning to the superman role and even had him cameo at the end of black adam.

They could have built on that and got something great going but nope they let james gunn kill it so they can start over with yet another reboot that we all know will go nowhere just like all the other reboots they have done because they can't commit to anything. I think it was a huge mistake to fire cavil unless their goal was to anger dc fans and drive them away.

Look at what marvel did, the 1st few marvel movies did not do that great but unlike dc they stuck with a plan and kept moving forward and the avengers became 1 of the biggest movies of all time and the mcu became huge and they did it with unpopular characters like iron man and thor because back then that was all they could get and now those characters are huge. DC has some of the greatest characters ever but keeps doing them dirty because they don't stick with anything.

Its hard to be a dc fan these days when you keep seeing dc fail over and over.
    • Like x 1
  16. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I could understand this kind of statement about the Comics side perhaps, but I'm genuinely confused. You refer to previous DC reboots, what Reboots? As far as I can tell its been one universe, with the only exceptions being the CW TV shows to allow freedom of use of characters, and the JL Snyder Cut. None of which were Reboots.

What Reboots are you referring to?
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I'm Mexican and Blue Marvel is so badass!! The US government in the comics sent him to die against an alien invasion but didn't know he's too strong. The government doesn't want a black superhero. I can only hope they make a movie about him. I remember the first black superhero I think he was called Meteor Man. Not sure if Shaq Steel movie was first or Meteor Man.
    • Like x 1
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm blaming the whole Cavill, Affleck, Gadot fiasco on Johnson. He threw his box office clout around to get Cavill a cameo. Then Cavill made the announcement. If you look, WB and Gunn were really quiet especially during a big premiere. From what I've gathered, WB thought this would be presented as a one off. But Johnson and Cavill made it out to be bigger than it was. WB was mad at Johnson in particular who was presenting himself as the saviour of the DCEU and the box office numbers and reviews weren't meriting that title. Gunn in particular I think wanted to do this slowly, with respect to the talent, but his hand was forced, creating the awkwardness we saw.

I don't think there was any malice, just ego.
  19. Controller Devoted Player

And he is TRULY original - powered by none other than Anti-Matter.

How original is that?

And he's not over-powered, either....but it DID take the ENTIRE Avengers and Sentry to beat him. Sentry, a powerhouse in his own right, wore him down but BM knocked him into outerspace with a single punch. By that time Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Wonder Man, Thor and a few other powerhouses I didn't recognize finished him off but not without taking heavy damage.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The crazy thing with Marvel is that I think they ARE heading towards a phase where Blue Marvel COULD appear on the Big Screen and NOT be forced....

I don't think his origins are before 2015, so he is STILL relatively new.

[IMG]

He appeared in a limited series with The Ultimates Team: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau and his own daughter whom I believe has Anti-Matter powers, too.

If Marvel has plans for him on the Big Screen, I'd guess that it would be after Kang and Secret Wars. If he appears before that then IMO it'd be forced.
  20. Controller Devoted Player

Johnathan Majors - let someone else do Kang the Conqueror...

YOU do Blue Marvel.

[IMG]