Unable to retrieve assets from the server

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Dark rider, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Dark rider New Player

I am a former Legendary member, I started at launch, I have recently (past hour) to reinstall the game, and I have everything on my system now, but when the launcher comes up to patch, I get the unable to retrieve assests from server message. have tried several times, and the message keeps coming up. Is there an update going on now, or hot fix, etc.?

Was going to run the repair tool, but now I can not even find where the game was installed on my computer.

edit 2 I am running a defrag now, and a lot of the game files were all over the place, not sure why, but soon as it is done, I'll be trying again to see if that helped.
  2. Dark rider New Player

Okay, Tried the defrag, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried restarting my computer though not sure what that would have to do with it. and am still getting this issue.
  3. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Welcome back to DC Universe Online! I'd first recommend checking to make sure you have the most updated launchepad. You can find it here: http://launch.soe.com/installer/DCUO_setup.exe

I would also check to make sure all exe files related to DCUO are set to your exceptions lists for your firewall/antivirus programs.
    • Like x 1