Two New Weapons

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tomaha2013, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tomaha2013 New Player

I believe two new weapons are in order.

My suggestions are the claws and whip.

There are a lot of animations already similar and could easily be implicated.

Now before everyone says, "They can't do the whip due to 2d bs!'''

We have ben happy with the animations of whip thrash and Catwoman's whip I am pretty sure we can handle whatever they give us.

The new animations for the wolf range would be awesome for the claws and I for one might rock them on my main.

Sony what do you say. "Can WE please have the whip and claws for new weapons."

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me."

"Cat Scratch Fever." Anyone.
    • Like x 1
  2. nogimmick New Player

i'd like a whip, but i think claws would wind up feeling just like martial arts...
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea whip would be great, but they already said it cant be done. I would like to see numchucks.
    • Like x 1
  4. GrumpySnot New Player

Whip could be done.. basic melee-mid range animations. And three ranged combos, like shield or MA.
  5. Circe New Player

We may see more of the whip in future DLCs if they ever introduce Lashina to the game. That'd be awesome.
  6. Drakonicus New Player

The Devs said it cant be done in the moment. Meaning the amount of resources needed to do it doesnt make it viable. The whip needs to be unique, animated. All the weapons styles needs to be applied to it. When someone who works on something tells you "it cant be done", guess what ? It means it cant be done at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  7. SuperiorMouse New Player

they cannot do any weapon with moving parts. whips, lassos, nunchuks probably too. similarly elastic powers, prehenshile tails, prehensile hair etc are not possible either for the same reasons. the rendering resources required for these would cripple the ps3.

the whip thrash vfx used for catwoman, wonderwoman, hardlight etc is just a flat 2d picture of a whip being flashed quickly across your screen. there is no whip weapon object interacting with a target. if the weapon is restricted to flashing pictures of itself on screen for specific attacks, it runs out of possible options to fill a tree after about 3. any of the things you want to do with a whip weapon would require a 3d element and therefore not possible.

the devs have previously explained this and been very clear that they'd like to do this but they cannot due to these technical limitations.

claws is more than possible though.
    • Like x 1
  8. Blight KOBRA Commander

Drakonicus is right. This is the main problem right here. I thought up a workaround that might work, but whether or not the devs will figure out a way to really deliver a weapon like this given all the technical hurdles is something we'll have to just wait and see about.
  9. GrumpySnot New Player

It can, just quit asking for such big animations. Standard is good. Refine later
  10. Cloud_9 New Player

A whip would be full of too many separate parts. They can't animate that many pieces for a weapon, because The PS3 wouldn't be able to handle it. The claws could work, but... not the whip.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drakonicus New Player

Thats the thing. No company is going to make a product that. by their own standards, is "good enough". Either it can be done right, and not at all. And to people who will say "Catwoman uses a whip", she doesnt. Its a 1h spin chop with a diferent animation. You can realy build a weapon out of that. Claws on the other hand, as in a feral fighting style like Catwoman or Cheetah would be awesome