Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

I can't. By the time I pop Enflame, Spontanious Combustion is done. I wasn't paying that close of attention in the raids I ran but noticed some dots disappeared when I tested in my base. I think someone noted issues with the sparring dummy there... Tonight when running raids I'll try to find out.

Maybe a good addition to the powers part here would be which DOT's stack and which cancel out.

I also really wish overheat would switch spots with burnout in the Immolation tree being that the 4th tier powers are for generally opposite roles. (Burnout/Stoke Flames = tank, Overheat/Spontanious Combust = DPS)
  2. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Pretty sure that Spontaneous Combustion creates regular, unstackable 1-2 damage Burning but also a mechanic similar to Electric's Overcharge which can stack with Enflame and Inferno. What I want to know, however, is if Spontaneous Combustion stacks with itself or not.
  3. Zim New Player

I also really wish overheat would switch spots with burnout in the Immolation tree being that the 4th tier powers are for generally opposite roles. (Burnout/Stoke Flames = tank, Overheat/Spontanious Combust = DPS)[/quote]

Right,,, I was thinking the same thing when I was respeccing.
  4. Zim New Player

With this loadout would you swap anything out when going into a boss fight? If you have both overheat and spont combust going, you cant have snuff out, but would you have enough for detonate? Just wondering what changes if any you would go with going into a boss fight like gates. Or would you just keep it the same.
  5. TrueMarvel New Player

This update didn't really make the powerset better in my opinion.Just made it have a singular focus on one type of playstyle. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not very far in the trees yet. But as of now the only type of semi competitive playstyle is high speed clipping. While before the update it had cast time style and clip style
  6. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

the burning from spont combustion is normal burning effect as far as I can tell
  7. Vash New Player

What would you use in place of WD?, I'm a flyer and I don't want to respec.
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

The ignition tree is almost completely obsolete.The only Dps move worth the trouble is snuff out... but you have to go through useless powers... I havent tried the new snuff out yet... is it worth it?
  9. Kristyana New Player

That's what I've noticed too; SC inflicts the same burning as all the other powers but Reignition and Inferno, and SC does not appear to stack with itself.
  10. Burnt New Player

I would say down draft. Not as good as WD but gives a decent AoE DoT
  11. Promitheus New Player

Yes, please post the DOTs that stack and cancel each other out

I am running a similar loadout as you mentioned before:
    weapon combo ( one handed- starting with tap tap hold) --> Enflame clip with FW -> weapon combo (tap tap tap hold into tap tap hold) clip last weapon combo with with overheat -> weapon combo (tap tap tap hold into tap tap hold) clip last weapon combo with inferno --> weapon combo (tap tap tap hold into tap tap hold) clip last weapon combo with flashpoint then clipp with FW --> weapon combo (tap tap tap hold into tap tap hold) --> clip after hold with spontaneous combust --> loop

If there is another fire dps is in group, I take out inferno and put enflame in its place and down draft where enflame used to be)
    Do you think I should keep both weapon combos in my loadout as it helps build power or just stick to one of them and continue on to the next power to clip with?
  12. Kristyana New Player

I've found in my testing that basically any power that inflicts a Burning DoT with the exception of Inferno and the supercharges are considered the exact same DoT and they do not stack. They will also be overwritten by any other fire DPSer or Fire Tank.

I need to play around with the loadouts for my tank. One of the best synergies in the game used to be between a Fire DPS and a Fire Tank with the DPSer running Fireburst and Mass Det. Now since Fireburst doesn't do extra damage, there's no point for a fire tank to set things ablaze for the group because his DoTs will be overwriting the DPSers, causing a huge drop in DPS. This was acceptable beforehand as long as the tank didn't drop Inferno, but now I don't see it being an optimal combination.

I need to find a loadout that works as well for running with a fire DPS to make sure the DOTs don't get overwritten. This may be difficult.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I think Enflame still stacks with Inferno and Burning, no?
  14. Kristyana New Player

Enflame is its own DoT if you're in melee range of the target, forgot to point that out. The tics aren't as high as Inferno but are higher than the normal Burning PI.

With the new update it's possible that Enflame isn't even truly considered "burning" for PIs. I haven't tested it in a few months and didn't think to on the test server.
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It sounds like Kris is ontop of it as well, but ill run threw all the powers and see what stacks and what doesn't tonight for everyone
  16. Bastid New Player

I was messing around with the dummy in DPS stance and found that;

If I started with immolation then went to flashpoint to get the burning affect, I could then get inferno AND overheat to stack.
    My question is spontaneous combustion a seperate DOT in itself?
  17. Bastid New Player

18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Nah Spont Combustion is the normal burning DoT

Right now I think we have 4:
    Normal Burning
    Overheat
    Enflame
    Infnero

I think the new supercharges like Eternal flame has unique dots as well but i'm not really 2 worried about those right now.
  19. Kristyana New Player

Do you mean Overheat? Because yes, it is it's own separate DOT.
  20. Kristyana New Player

Soulburn, I'm not on my gaming PC at the moment but if you do run these tests, can you get together with another fire user to test the non-burning DoTs to see if they overwrite?

Both users using Enflame
    Both using Overheat

There's also a few theoretical PIs that I'd like to find out about just for curiosities sake, such as will the Immolation granted standing in someone else's Inferno set things on fire with flashpoint or do the extra damage with Overheat, etc.