Throne Elite Clown Box Strategy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Apr 16, 2015.

1. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I have on good authority that Loche will change his mind and this is going to the wayside.

Not to mention if you don't have everyone doing it you are screwing some people over.

"Hey where is everyone I thought there were supposed to be 4 of us down here killing these adds so we could get back to the group"
    Clownboxers: "Sorry man tough luck we hit a supercharge and completely avoided the raid mechanic, enjoy the free loot though"
  2. Cirocband New Player

All I have to say is that it's a tactical advantage and not a glitch. I've beaten throne the regular way (it was a struggle) and got 98 gear. I must say the clownbox way is more effective and even if you get 98 gear from hades, atleast it wouldn't feel like such a waste of time and let down. With clownbox I've had 20-24min runs, oppose to the 2-3 hour runs trying to do it the regular way.
  3. Serj Committed Player

are you using the clown box on normal throne/hades? no? didn't think so... :rolleyes:
    for the record competence is a SELF PROCLAIMED title... you say you are not bound by ego, then why even respond to this thread to begin with? if this issue has no ego restriction then it doesn't matter whether someone uses the clown box or not...

anyone who takes shortcuts never learns anything.
    • Like x 1
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Dev team already said it wasn't a glitch. If you're not using fine, but don't accuse players of cheating if a dev came out and said it's not. Same loot drop either way.
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Not all the devs agree with Loche. I talked to one that said he is trying to make it not work like this. Said it's pretty cheesy.
    • Like x 3
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Btw I agree it's not a glitch, but I also doubt its the intended outcome. In my mind what should be happening is it teleports the box and you just go down as a box. It shouldn't just nullify the raid mechanic. There really isn't anything in the game that does something along those lines.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

What makes this raid fun and challenging, is mainly that teleportation move. The community asks for hard mechanics, and then decide to use a cheesy tactic to break this mechanic. What's the point of having this mechanic now?

Before you know it, there will be people abusing players for not using the clown box method...
    • Like x 3
  8. YinChakra Dedicated Player

This method is pointless, doesn't speed up the process, the fastest i've done elite is in 18min with TP's. I've yet to see the 18min mark beat with clownbox.
  9. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Not to mention the same method was used to avid the jailing in paradox and that was quickly changed as well. Its the exact same concept.
    • Like x 4
  10. Unverifiable New Player

if using a legitimate power in a way to cause the raids mechanics to not function properly knowing it will prevent you from being teleported im sorry to tell you this but its a glitch and its cheating
    • Like x 1
  11. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

You really have something against PS players don't you. You know the exploit originated in the pc side first, and was used over on PS, right? youtube it
  12. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Not defending using it but didn't the design director for DCUO already say it wasn't an exploit or cheating?

13. GodNema Well-Known Player

That's exactly why clown box was made to be a supercharge and is no longer a regular power.
    • Like x 1
  14. Unverifiable New Player

using clown box isn't a glitch using it to intentionally keep from being teleported is. as its function is not to prevent teleporting but to be a encasement and shield for the user.. this use is outside of the intention of the ability there by it is being used to glitch the content..

the devs only make statement like that so that they can cover their buts for still allowing it and not removing the move from the game completely since it continues to be used in this fashion in raid after raid
    • Like x 2
  15. MeloMan New Player

I dont have anything against ps players 1rst of all. 2nd of all the glitch of using clownbox and picking it up and tunneling thru the walls originated on ps. It couldnt be done on pc because the glitch involved rendering issues. The dox glitch also originated on ps. My issue is the ps players that i see on these forums that say things like "pc players are inferior and beg to play with us. I dont want cross play to happen." And theres been a bunch of comments that are very similar. Also during the thrones glitch there were how many 115cr players? I counted over 400 but only 4 on the pc side. Of course not all ps players do this kinda stuff and say those kinda things. My issue is with the ones that do. I dont want to ever run with those type of people. Me and the people i run with dont need cheap gimmicks or exploits to beat any content. We also dont beg to run with anyone. We also dont macro anything. And yes i take offense when someone is calling out my skill level when they themselves are exploiting content. That has been my 1 and only issue when it comes to the topic.
    • Like x 1
  16. MeloMan New Player

Agreed. Some ask for hard content then do stuff like this yet they go around calling themselves "elite" smh.
    • Like x 5
  17. El Presidente Well-Known Player

You can disagree with Loche if you like but his comment was directed at using the clown box to avoid being teleported. Personal opinions on what the devs' motivations are aside...if the people designing the game say that it's not a glitch to use one aspect of the game to counteract another then I'll have to go with what they say.
  18. Unverifiable New Player

whatever
    what ever justifications people use to explain away their actions are irrelevant using something unintended in a beneficial way is cheating

and the devs dont care as long as they are making money hence why the move isn't just removed from the game because then they couldn't get all that replay money form the people like your self that try to self convince they aren't doing anything wrong
    • Like x 1
  19. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Careful your tin foil hat is showing. How can something be cheating when the people who make up the rules say it's not?

If they are using this to get replay money from "people like me" then I guess their plan isn't working so well because I've never bought a single replay badge and I don't use clown box.
  20. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

This isn't an exploit or cheating at all.
    • Like x 1