Three Random Questions I Have

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KidKretz, Nov 21, 2023.

1. KidKretz Committed Player

Hey, thanks for taking a look!

1. Tanking & Aggro- Do weapon attacks keep aggro on a boss? I searched the internet and only came up with the phrase "power". example in order to keep aggro i must "use a power ever 12 seconds or so".

The reason I ask is because I go into tank mode for Open World bosses and still use a earth dual wield dps loadout minus a break out ability to pop my superman ally shield. Anywho, I lose aggro quite a bit using weapon attacks and didn't know if its just the bosses doing their thing or if my weapon attacks aren't enough to keep aggro.

2. Inventory Management Questions- Do I need to keep these items for anything: Robins Footwear of Omni? Amphoria of the Gods?(i dont understand how this item works or when i need it, i have done some of the raids without it..i think) The 2 vampire bats I just recently received(any feats attached to those?)

3. Armory- How much time does playing with an armory take in general, along with gearing that toon for another class, in my case a tank class. I still have the free one, never bought another. I know it takes me a lot of time playing with mods when new episodes release to gear up, and my time is short on DCUO. Will playing with another armory/constantly upgrading it with gear and skill points take a lot of time or is it pretty quick?
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weapon attacks cant keep aggro, unless youre doing more damage than anyone else and dont have a healer in the area.
    Any ability lets you maintain aggro, but if you have another tank that does the same, it may get messy.
    Also, if you have taunted the enemy with - lets say Mesmerizing Lasso - you cant maintain aggro with abilities. You will lose aggro if you dont recast the taunt or you can get aggro with abilities again after a few seconds when the enemy hasnt been taunted by you.

No. You can delete all of them. The bats are just trinkets for fun.
    The amphora of the Gods is an item you can rank up with items from the wonderverse solo, but generally isnt needed at all. These buffs are also only usable while in the wonderverse areas. You can buy them on those vendors again if you feel like you need them again in the future.
    Outdated OP items can be deleted. They will never be useful again.

If you know what to do its quite fast. However, you need double resources if you play a completely different role. At least if you want to play that role in meaningful content.
    • Like x 3
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

1) If you are in tank role, no. Weapon attacks wont hold aggro.

2) If you already collected the style from the Robin boots, and you are well over that CR, you can delete if you want.
    The amphora of gods you have to level it (like the teekl candy from halloween event) and you get some rewards from it. You can keep it or just delete.
    The vampire bat, if you mean the pet combat, yes theres a feat for equip it. but you only need to equip it once for the feat. After that you can keep it (if you dont have a bettercombat pet), sell it, send it to an alt that needs the feat or just delete.
    But if its the reward you get from the bat race from halloween event, then no, no feat attached to it.

3) if you only have one armory, its not very helpful. If you want to play both roles you gonna need to buy atleast one more.
    You can still use it, tho. But it can get tedious, because youre gonna be changing gear and skill points manually a lot.
    • Like x 3
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

thanks to you both! it was very kind and considerate to answer! cheers!
    • Like x 1
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

1 - Weapons attacks are very low on the aggro draw list. It's why some precision players can get away with not getting targeted in a duo while the might DPS pisses off everything and gets mobbed xD.

3 - It's a shame that this is the only multi-role F2P MMO (on console at least) that doesn't give you access to both roles but restricts you to one and paywalls the other. Even Neverwinter, the game they swipe ideas from, gives you one for each for free, and you can get more with daily capped currency if you save enough of it. Once you obtain the 2nd armory it will require you respec at the respec station in HQ or HoL and then go back to the armory to imprint your setup. After the imprint you only have to come back when you get new gear to update or another skill point unlocks and you spend it and can imprint the updated loadout.

Thanks to how gear now drops in unattuned reward boxes in several areas of the game, and the loot picker showing a damage role and support role variant, it's easy to gear up for the second role. I'd suggest you focus your best gear (vendor gear, etc) for the dps role and then loot support role gear from boss drops and reward boxes. Support roles have an easier time getting by with sub optimal gear, where as DPS takes a heavier hit if your gear is lacking. At some point your DPS gear will max out with the best you can get (or best you willing to get) and all the gear you'd otherwise be looting will be support role stuff. The CR difference between your DPS gear and support role gear sets will diminish to something like less than 15 points which is more than able to handle what they need to. The bigger issue is just going through that BS paywall to get the 2nd armory, or to get really good at memorizing what your two loadouts are to bounce them around at the respec station and single armory.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Old OP items (as well as speedforce ring and legion flight ring) give significantly higher non primary role stats in clamped content as long as the item level is above a certain threshold which is different for each clamped CR tier. For example you’ll be much more “tanky” in DPS, troll and healer roles, you’ll do significantly more damage in support roles, etc. I know for many players and the way(s) they like to play and enjoy this game that doesn’t provide much if any benefit rendering those old OP items to not be worth the inventory slot. But for those whose gameplay provides reason to benefit from those extra stats in clamped content, they are quite useful.

Edit: I should clarify what I mean by “significantly more”. While any OP gear piece above the tier threshold technically gives a good chunk above regular role gear (relative to slot), one probably wouldn’t notice much difference from replacing only one piece of normal gear with OP gear such as the robins footwear. But when most if not all gear slots have OP items (including aforementioned rings), it’s a very noticeable difference.
    • Like x 5
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

If we have to keep hanging on to old OP gear our inventory and / or bank slots should be significantly increased. I am at max now and barely still have any room. I thought we had received an update to expand bank / inventory slots, I think it was for bank slots, anyways, I purchased the token off the Marketplace, used it, but there was no additional slots added to anything so I must have already had the max slots and wasted my money.