Thermal Absorption mechanics question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheKeefMaster, Jan 18, 2017.

1. HarryHell Well-Known Player

It has to do with the time it takes to get max potential dmg, if you don't mess it up, you can start with inferno clipped into fiery wep, into burning determenation, then go fireburst, even without troll, but i don't recomend this as one cast gets interupted or your power bar wasn't full when you started you risk running out of power, am and all good dmg, until you pop a soder or suppky drop and can start over.

In content where you have a troll that gives power, starting with inferno is never a problem.
  2. BLA1Z! New Player

Completely agree. But I'm coming from a standpoint of never needing a troll. I want the OP to REALLY understand the fire's AM. Because if OP truly does, OP WILL be an outstanding FIRE DPS. And believe me INF is not needed in 1st rotation to get max dmg. If you Harry really think about it...really think about it...You'll understand why INF in your 1st rotation (note I'm only talking about 1st rotation), it's hurts your dps.
    This is coming from a standpoint of Max dmg output. And before ppl say I'm a board chaser (lol!) please note I said max dmg output, not top dps.
    Good luck to OP and Harry and everyone who game me the time!!!
  3. BLA1Z! New Player

Im down with your sig btw lol. Hip
    • Like x 1
  4. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Yeah I understand the AM of Fire now, it's all about Thermal Absorption, which is actually pretty easy to keep up.

I've tried throwing Inferno into the mix but it just doesn't do anything for a Thermal Absorption rotation that BD doesn't already do. I mean, yeah sure, it's part of TA in which it'll give power back, but it's not worth the slot needed to have it on a loadout when BD does basically the same thing and FB finishes it.

I can even see why you would have Inferno as part of your second rotation but if you think about it, you're just causing more work for yourself and your memory because you still have to activate it at the right times. K.I.S.S. and just stick with BD, FC, FB, FW. Hell, that right there will put you at the top of the DPS boards once you figure it out.

Also, I see a lot of you saying your rotation will get messed up if you get knocked down but I have absolutely no problem with this. All you do is breakout and use FC immediately, there, TA still up. Relatively simple.
  5. BLA1Z! New Player

The Master has reached enlightenment lol.
  6. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Thats exactly what you are supposed to do if you get knocked down, gg :D
  7. HarryHell Well-Known Player

A long time ago i did rotations on sparring targets and doing all as i said gave me the best dmg, ofc it helps that you can clip inf straight away, almost the only animation my toon does in this clipping session is the movement for BD, so throwing down Inferno cost me maybe like 0,1 sec.
    The numbers may have changed since i made my rotation, but i just enjoy it so much, specially in boss fights. Allthough there are other probs with starting with inferno, one is that inferno has a weird range, making it more or less midrange, so you often missfire starting with it.
    I will try it your way again soon and compare, if I remember to do so. Allthough im only running out of power when im not paying attention, heck some of the content we have these days are so easy that paying attention isn't always needed. Also if you were a board chaser you wouldnt be fire, as there are so many easier powers to be board chaser with ;)
    Also thinking my hurt my mind :p
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Naw man, if you hit BD then inferno.....no power back, thus its not part of the AM.

If you use it after BD to FC/FB/MD, power regen starts, then you can use any powers while thermal absorbtion is active(including inferno).....as long as you refresh with FC FB or MD in time...power regen will still be active.

Fire can be stripped down to a two move AM. Ya only need BD and FC. In most solos and duos that is all you will need. Firery weapon adds to your might, inferno is an extra DoT and burning PI. The AM still works without either FW or inferno, so they are not needed for AM.

...and its you're, not your.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

....also, the biggest reason fire players use FC before FB or MD......is the juggle. Hitting FC will pop enemies up, by time they fall, hit the ground, and get up, you will have ample time for FB or MD cast.

FC is the juggle king of powers.
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

Inferno is not just an extra dot , it does melee dmg in 7m and applies an extra dot after, u would not want to miss inferno in a boss fight!

Inferno is a part of the AM since u get power regeneration for using it after Burning Determination like Fiery weapon.
    • Like x 1
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

Im telling ya power regen only starts when you start with BD or AH and then use either FC, FB or MD. After that the power regen goes no matter what you use until the timer runs up and ya gotta refresh with FC, FB or MD. Or if it drops completely ya gotta redo BD.

If you start with BD (or even absorb heat) you WILL NOT get power back from inferno or FW, you only get it from completing with FC, FB OR MD. During thermal absorbtion your power continuously builds, not because you use Inferno or FW.

As to boss fights, or raids in general, yes ya wanna have inferno on your loadout, but it doesnt provide power back.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Yeah, E's right.

That's actually where I was going wrong when I started this post. I was doing BD - FW - Inf - FC - FB - FC and I never had power to do a second rotation, no matter what kind of combo I tried. If I used Inferno after BD, it failed.

That's when I used FC to start after FW and right away the difference was noticeable. Not only was I getting power back I was also starting my rotation by juggling the enemy and then causing huge damage with FB after that. I mean, before that, I never knew the game could be so easy.

Also, think about it this way - Inferno costs a lot to cast and the damage it puts out is...meh in comparison to the burst damage you put out with FC and FB combined. You're relying on a counter to determine how much damage you do when you could be beating the hell out of that counters "assumptions".

Trinkets - Burning Determination - Fiery Weapon - Flame Cascade - Fireburst - Flame Cascade spam to your hearts content

Now, I have another question for you.

I have 102 SP, 12K might. I've seen what Fire can do, what's a power recommendation to try out now that can beat Fire in DPS and is fun to play.

I just like to wreck ****.
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

There are very few players with as much fire experience as myself. My main has been fire since day one (minus one month as munnitions when that went live and fire was at the bottom for the 3rd time.)
    According to census, there are only 42 other fire toons at or above my toon for CR and SP. Dcuobloguide may list inferno and FW as power regen AM powers, but thats misleading. Theres a reason players are saying dont use (start) with inferno without a troller.....it will not net you any power back.
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ice mental or gadgets will beat us hands down, if played correctly.
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Lol
    Inferno overrated? yeah right...its just your most powerful DoT...but yes...totally overrated :rolleyes:

And just to let everyone knows, Inferno DOES GIVE POWER BACK when the AM is active. All you need is cast Burning Determination, and thats it. Inferno, Fiery Weapon, Enflame, Fireburst, Flame Cascade or Mass Detonation will give power back.

And Fireburst beats Mass Detonation all the way. Mass Detonation hits top damage at Mid-Range and Long Range (Mass Det does not have a melee buff), while Fireburst at Melee and Mid-Range. Closest you get, harder you hit. That simple. As long as the enemies are in Fireburst range, using Mass Det is a damage loss.
    Now...if you like to stay safe, then yes, go Mass Det, but youll be doing less damage.
  16. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Yeah, Inferno can be a part of Thermal Absorption, but it's not one you want in your main rotation if you want to cause maximum damage. IMO it just costs too much and doesn't compete with the amount of damage FC and FB do.

Oh yeah, Inferno does DoT but the actual amount of damage it does compared to damage of FC and FB combined in that one burst (you'll actually get off 2 or 3 in the time it takes Inferno to cool down) is pretty low.

I think Inferno stacks too, may be wrong on that, but even if it does you're still only hitting based on a timer,

example :

When I cast FB i do around 50k damage to a group of 5 in like, 1 second. When I cast Inferno on that same group I'm doing around 5K damage/sec to each enemy, maybe more, totaling 25K damage/sec and that's with all crits, max possible Might, everything in your favor, but still nowhere near 50K total. And really, hardly any power regen.

And I never run out of power. Which is our main goal if we want to cause as much damage as possible.

So basically, keeping Inferno in a loadout, even for the TA benefits, is kind of useless.

That's entirely my own opinion though, no offense meant.
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

Please, PLEASE post a video of you using only burning determination and inferno lol.

No blue fire, no power back......troll another thread lol.

Also, in a raid like DWF, where there are adds all over, spread out, MD will beat FB. FB only does good damage at midrange to melee.....cone damage in front of you. FB damage splits horrible past 3 targets. Mass det will hit everything on your screen(8 targets).....if they are burning.
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Non taken, man.
    Now...the thing is, its not about one vs the other, it all adds to your total damage. While you are casting your Fireburst, Inferno is doing the "backstage" damage. Of course FC, FB and MD do more damage, because those are the heavy hitters and are supposed to do big damage.

But if your goal is to get as much damage as you can, then you cant ingnore Inferno.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Really? Lol
    I guess you missed the part where i said CAST B.DET FIRST then the rest of the powers will give power back. But thats alright, sometimes when we dont like to admit that we are wrong we miss thing and reply blidly.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Id have to test this again. Last time i did, Mass Det was only hitting the enemies that were in front of you. Ill test it later tonight when i get home.