The War of the Light Begins Early for Members!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Drkittenz New Player

I am relatively new to the game (I started just over a month ago) so this is just the observation from a new players perspective.

This is a P2P game with a F2P aspect.

If you P2P you get to experience all of the content the game has to offer, which seems completely fair - you are a subscribing customer.

If you are F2P you get to experience a large amount of the content and enjoy the game. Sure, you cannot achieve end game as you don't have access to the DLCs so there is a finite cap on what you can achieve but that is the "price" you play when you are F2P. You still have the option of purchasing the DLCs to experience the content.

That is better than other F2P models I have seen. Other games have F2P players spending hundreds or thousands of $$ to be "the best of the best" in terms of progression. In comparison, the cost here for F2P is tiny.

As for armories, they are a convenience item. Great item for the game for sure and I love them, but they are far from essential.

As for buying DC game cash to compete, yes some people will have to do this to keep up, others have the time to invest in farming to keep up. It depends on your play style but the decision is yours, you can be competitive very quickly - be invest time and/or money - or you can progress and catch up slower doing it at your own pace.
    • Like x 1
  2. OneEyed Eagle New Player

Why do premium players who pay get treated as the same as Free players? Why can't we get treated in between Legendary and Free?
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thank you Devs! So excited!
  4. Drkittenz New Player

Because one of the incentives of being a legendary member is to receive new content a little earlier than non-subscribers?
  5. hugojheredia Active Player

Today or Tomorrow? im starter the game and say tomorrow...
  6. Giantasian New Player

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  7. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Today.
  8. Codemunkee New Player

I see you picked up Rage before even Legendary members.
    • Like x 5
  9. Spicoli New Player

• Like x 5
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

Don't know if this has been clarified in the previous pages, but will we have to download anything once the servers are back online? I'm on USPS4 and another 7 GB download is going to be a huge bummer (last one took me 12 hours).
  11. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

All blacks! Mean haka!
    • Like x 1
  12. Sertico91 New Player

so the new gear can be used at cr 86?then the trigon's dlc and origin crisis are useful? i dont understand..
  13. fishAroo New Player

so the server is up and i don't see any rage powers
    ??? help
  14. Alexander 2814 Active Player

Last night was like Christmas Eve as a kid.... I couldn't sleep I was so excited! lol Cant wait for this!!
    • Like x 7
  15. Codemunkee New Player

And how would you describe the "fairness" of a Premium account potentially paying as little as $5 ONE TIME versus a Legendary subscriber who has potentially put down a year's worth of subscription at once? Or triples the Premium one-time requirement on a monthly basis?

You say you paid $80 worth of DLC, probably more when you consider Escrow tokens, etc. PLUS the new DLC, all while choosing to stay Premium, yet you chose to forgo the $14.99/month option which would have gotten you EVERYTHING you already paid for, PLUS the early access you are complaining about not having. Are you avoiding a subscription because you've already PAID for the DLC? At some point the Premium sub, versus a 1 month subscription plan, becomes just a terrible, terrible deal for anyone who likes the game enough to buy all the DLC separately. I mean, when do you just stop throwing $10 out when for just a bit more you could have it all, AND go back to Premium if at some point you decide you don't want to sub anymore?
    • Like x 3
  16. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Nice. Im looking forward to this dlc and seeing the efforts you guys put into this game. Thanks
    • Like x 1
  17. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Yes, Legendary players get the DLC early. Don't like it, pay the $10-15 and subscribe. This is a business, one interlaced with Arts and Entertainment sure, but the developers DO have to make money. My God, the lamenting over privileges being given to people who PAY for said privileges is farcical. We live in a Capitalist society. But we're not here to talk socio-economics, we're here to play a game. And I - and others - paid a monthly fee to have greater access and privileges than those who did not. End of story.
    • Like x 9
  18. Sertico91 New Player

19. Codemunkee New Player

QFT. The sense of entitlement that F2P MMOs in general have generated is irritating. "I want to play for free, but get everything paid subscribers get, because not only do I demand FREE entertainment but I want it on my terms, not those of a business whose primary goal is to - gasp - turn a profit".
    • Like x 7
  20. LIVETASER New Player

Your sig is the best and funniest Poo! LOL