The Real DC Justice League Characters Deserve a Spot in this Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CountryBoyof74, Jan 27, 2017.

1. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

I would love to see and think some of the original founding Justice League members should have some place in this game as missions, vendors....Something. I would like to see these guys in this game.

1. Black Vulcan

2. Samurai

3. Apache Chief

4. El Dorado

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. BLK Well-Known Player

good post is good.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Black Vulcan was probably my favorite of that group. Cool electrical powers and a great voice for the character. Heck, I even picked up the DC Universe figure they put out of him.

But I think he and the others can wait a bit.

We've got a LOT of characters that haven't been touched on yet. Plus we don't even know if they are included in the license Daybreak has for the game. Batman Beyond is still out of reach for that very reason (not a part of the license).
    • Like x 1
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Enuck chok!
    • Like x 2
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, what?

Founding members of the Justice League?

You are talking about 4 characters that were created for the Super Friends cartoon and have barely been seen since.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I just want to see firestorm and Captain atom.
  7. Controller Devoted Player

10000000000000000000000 likes, Brother.

I'd love a cameo of these two as well.

The late Dwayne McDuffie (RIP) actually re-wrote these two(and 3 others) into a Justice League episode - as a sort of tribute to The Wonder Twins (Downpour and Shifter), Juice (Black Vulcan), Wind Dragon (Samurai) and Long Shadow (Apache Chief).

http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimen

8. Balton hero Committed Player

You're trolling, right? *to the community* He's trolling, right?
  9. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

No, Why would I be trolling. I'm 42 years of age and these was some of the Justice members when I was a kid
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I'm pretty sure Black Vulcan is Black Lightning but renamed because of legal dispute.
  11. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

Yes, I read that also
  12. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

You might wanna rename the thread then because these guys are far from the founding members. Why not just ask for Super friends characters ingame
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I think the main point is because your opening post (or at the very least your title) asks for founding members of the league, none of the ones you mention are founding members.... good characters but not founding.
  14. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

Your right, My mistake. But I no longer
    Your right, But I no longer have the option to edit it.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I hated them as a kid.

Wake up early on a saturday morning to see the exploits of the justice league and you have your fingers crossed that they'll use the Flash or green lantern or hawkman this week in an adventure and instead you get stuck with a black lightning and red tornado knock off.

I can view thee characters now with a sense of nostalgia. attempts have been made to bring them into the fold but have never really took hold.

peronally I'd like to see them head up an all new Global Guardians with the other heroes from that super friends team (The Olympian, Dr.Mist, The little mermaid etc.).
  16. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Oh Super Friends, one of my go-to cartoons when blazed.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

The village people^?
  18. Controller Devoted Player

An important note I see here is those four represent Diversity.

There have been some variations of these four throughout the DC animated universe over the last 30 or so years.

Apache Chief (Native American) was tastefully redone in Young Justice

Interestingly enough, this young man's name is Tye LONGSHADOW - which ties him into perhaps the SAME lineage as the CLONED LONGSHADOW I posted earlier.

Currently, there are ZERO Asians (Samurai) in the DC Universe, at least that are well known. Correct me if I'm wrong but I did not even see an Asian Superhero in Young Justice.

That's why I think DC did an EXCELLENT job with Keenan Kong

[IMG]

Personally I wouldn't mind just shutting down Red Tornado, who is an Android, and bringing back Samurai and letting him get some recognition. At least he's Human (and Asian).

Perhaps bring him back in a reboot costume like the one below, in the middle.

[IMG]

El Dorado? No clue as to why he wasn't brought back? Trademark issues? A unique and original Hispanic SuperHero. Maybe his representation was imitated by Aztec?

There have been several variations of Black Superheroes using Electricity, first with Black Vulcan. Next was Black Lightning and currently Static.

Static seems to be the most popular.

They may not be the founding members per se of the Justice League but they represent an important attempt by DC many years ago at Diversity and inclusion - one that is seemingly under attack even in Society today.
    • Like x 1