The Laserdisc Format Return Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ShazamFan2014, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    The Laserdisc format. This generation is missing out on this awesome format. Let's push the movie studios to start making Laserdiscs, again. This format must return to the public.

[IMG]
  2. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

[IMG]

This generation, should experience what we used to love. Who's with me?!
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]LaserVision/LaserDisc certification mark
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Never experienced Laser Discs (not because wasn't around for them, they just were never that 'big' {:rolleyes:} down here), but if the LP's can stage a comeback, would like to see the LD's do as well :D
  5. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Lmao, it lasted only a couple years , was to expensive, and now it can't hold as much as a DVD , much like betamax it turned into an industry joke, but feel free to give a ton of ur own $ to finance n research it, while ur at it support the 8 track return
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I've never seen these before :eek:
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Betamax was still being used in newsrooms right up until they went digital

Apart from VHS having the better PR team, Beta was better suited for (as you kinda pointed out) Industry work like in newsrooms rather than as Home Entertainment
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wouldn't call the LD's an 'industry joke', they were simply a casualty of the technology advancements (the CDs and DVDs that replaced them came quicker than they expected)
  10. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Bring it back! Lets march to every movie studio with picket signs. Never stop until this format is finally brought back. I'm not the only one that enjoyed Laserdisc.
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Ur the only one that freely admits it though
  12. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

You poor child. This format was great in its time.
  13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

To support this cause, I suggest marching into Sony and demanding that they get to work on a brand new Laserdisc player for us to enjoy. Let's give life back to the Laserdisc format.

[IMG]
  14. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

15. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

[IMG]

This is a model of one of the 1st. Here is the very first LaserDisc player that was featured in the movie Airport 1977. Maybe, I can't back that up.