The Kicking System

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by I00III0, Mar 11, 2022.

1. I00III0 Active Player

I have been away for a few years. I'm back now and I'm notice a friend of mine (in my group) keeps getting kicked, but I'm not being asked to vote? Has the system changed? Is there still a voting system? Is it just not asking me, because I'm in his group? Someone please explain how it currently works.

Thanks.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are not being asked than your friend is probably DCing (disconnecting). There is always a vote to kick someone.
    • Like x 3
  3. I00III0 Active Player

But it is not kicking him out of the game. He just ends up back at his last location, just like when you've been kicked. It happened to him 3 times over 3 separate matches on 3 different days.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're in an alert you only need two people to vote yes for a successful kick. The other person probably voted quickly before you had a chance to see it.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should probably be concerned about why your friend is getting kicked so often.
    • Like x 1
  6. I00III0 Active Player

How many needed to successfully kick in a raid?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Four?
  8. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Committed Player

Only half that group need to agree to a kick so 2 for alerts and 4 for raids but its a question of why they are getting kicked? Most of the time if I kick someone its cause they q as a role but didn't switch to it and in raids the role less buff doesn't activate. Sadly I have been kicking more often since people are using the role to get in faster but not switching. Its a really old rule never q as a role if you can't do it or if your not willing to do it.
  9. I00III0 Active Player

My crew and I always disable "Enable Role Optional Alert". My friend got kicked out of 3 raids that he was tanking just fine. All 3 times I sore no vote come up. My point is: I should be seeing the vote question right?

Why he got kicked is irrelavent, as it is not the focus of this post. I'm simply trying to assertain if the kicking system has changed since I last played, which was about 3-years ago.
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Why does your name mean 78 in binary? Just a curios cat =^_^=
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

Why he got kicked is relevant to know what they may be doing wrong, Maybe it was valid , maybe not.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes you should see the vote option on your screen. If you're not seeing the vote option then it's a coordinated kick between multiple group members, the vote option disappears for everyone else as soon as the vote passes.
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I've heard people sometimes kick someone to bring in a friend or person they work well with if the run isn't quite working. Basically just group dynamic and flow and all that jazz. I know I've been suddenly kicked before with seemingly no reason and likely for this exact reason. Would be nice and polite to get some warning, but oh well.

Sometimes I see the kick or matchmaking thing pop up and go to vote but it tells me it couldn't go through because by the time I did it, the vote has already been completed. Or before I can even go to vote, it's already gone away since the vote has already completed. Sometimes it just goes by so fast you don't even have time to register it. Blink and you'll miss it.