The Fate of 616 Peter Parker Reveal(comics)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TrueGODofMarvel, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122283

[IMG]
    [IMG]

" Remember how ridiculous it was when Tony Stark pretended Iron Man was his bodyguard? Well, that's now what Peter Parker will be doing with his Spider-Man alter-ego in Dan Slott's relaunched Amazing Spider-Man series. According to MTV News, tech company Parker Industries has exploded in popularity after the events of Secret Wars, meaning that Peter has become "an international icon" and Spider-Man "is on shirts, posters, toys, games and more all over the world."

Spider-Man will also now be facing global threats in places like London and Shaghai, and that's why he has a new Spider-Mobile. Designs for that can be seen below along with the new tech heavy costume he'll be wearing. What do you guys think about this plan for Spider-Man? A natural evolution in Peter's life or too drastic a departure from what has always made the character great?"

________________________________________________________________________________________

....I'm not sure how I feel about this. The essentially turned Peter Parker into a Tony Stark or Batman. This does explain why Miles Morales is the main spider-man of New York post secret wars. Peter is no longer there basically.

We will have to wait and see.
    • Like x 3
  2. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Just need too wait and see I guess...

Looks cool!

IA ARMY
  3. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I actually kinda like the new suit design except for the green lights. If they made the light white I do think it would be a fantastic modern techy interpretation of Spidey's classic suit. Just think that green is too weird tho.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Wait wait wait wait....Peter can't drive, at all. Also if they are gonna make him fight global threats I hope they give him "The Other" powers back.
  5. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

Looks pretty awesome. Cant wait to get my hands on a copy.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Some potential for sure, and it gives both Peter and Miles a chance to grow as characters as well.

I couldn't find any credits anywhere, so am I mistaken or is that Alex Ross artwork for those two images? If so, it was a great choice for showing the new direction and style for the Peter Parker Spider Man.
    • Like x 2
  7. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'm just glad Peter is still around so does that mean that that Web Warriors book is really going to be a Spider-Man Inc book ?
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

Wait wait wait... Finally have Starkish money and you waste it on a spider car... NOT MAKING A LEOPARDON!!!
    [IMG]
    WASTED POTENTIAL!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

The Spider-Mobile looks cheesy and they make it even cheesier by giving it the ability to transform into a.... Spider.... Really, Marvel? o_O

How much spider bucks you wanna bet that somewhere down the line that car will also have the ability to transform into a Spidey-Mech suit? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Man, and I thought things couldn't get any worse than the Venom cover I saw...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What did you expect a car named for, and by, a Spider look like? A poodle? o_O
    At least it's not the Spider-Buggy :eek:
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Quick update, saw an article on IGN that confirmed it is Alex Ross artwork. Not a bad guess on my part. :D

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...m=Comics&utm_content=10&utm_campaign=Blogroll
    • Like x 1