The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution Announcement

Bandai Visual Co., Ltd., a leader in the development and production of Japanese animation, announced at Anime Boston, the largest anime convention in the Northeast United States, that the newest project of the Eureka Seven franchise is now under production. This new project, in conjunction with animation studio BONES, is the 3-part movie entitled Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution

[IMG]

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution Releases

It has been almost 12 years since the original TV series came out. The new movie will capture the story of Eureka and Renton. At Anime Boston, Chief Producer Masahiko Minami of the project (also the President of animation studio BONES), announced that Part 1 of the trilogy will be released in theaters this coming fall 2017 in Japan. Part 2 and Part 3 will be released in 2018 and 2019, respectively.

Overseas releases in territories such as US, Australia, UK, France, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand are also planned. Also during the panel, Minami showed new setting and character art featuring Hammer Head, Devil Fish, Eureka, Adrock, and Nirvash. Funimation will handle the US release. Further details regarding “Eureka Seven: Hi Evolution” will be announced shortly.

Synopsis
    Ten years ago, the major earth-shaking “First Summer of Love” event occurred. Renton, who lost his father during the event, now attends the army school of the United Federation of Predgio Towers located in the border town of Bellforest. Because his late father is still praised, Renton feels something is lacking as he continues with his ordinary, boring days.
    Then one day, Nirvash, the world’s oldest LFO, appears in front of him and a girl named Eureka emerges from the cockpit. This was the beginning of the future of humans and Scub Coral, another intelligent lifeform.

Was this encounter all just a coincidence? Or was it fate? Where will Renton and Eureka’s journey end?

Source: https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/04/03/eureka-seven-hi-evolution-announcement/
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

aurorabenz07 beat you to the Eureka Seven announcement (back on page 78) with some further discussion about the series on page 79. :D

Still, full credit (and a like) for the very thorough info. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Curse you aurorabenz07!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just a reminder. The live action Bleach movie is set to premiere in the summer of 2018. Here's the teaser
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well, Bandai really messed up. Apparently, this series will be 3 minute episodes. Again, let me repeat, 3 MINUTE EPISODES! :mad: After my initial viewing, I originally thought this was a glorified trailer because the editing was atrocious but after reading the comments, it was the 1st entire episode. Total fail
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

o_O

That's barely any time for either the action or the exposition you'd see in a typical Gundam show. Definitely an odd and questionable format choice.
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactly. I mean that short time frame can work if done properly, say, like the Ai Tenchi Muyo mini series that was four minute episodes but at least that was edited better than this 1st episode of Gundam Twilight Axis. However, I read that this Gundam series is just a way to highlight the manga and of course sell model kits but still.
    [IMG]
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It really does depend on the source material, too. A comedic show like Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san has a lot of rapid-fire comedy (some works, some doesn't lol) and shorter self-contained stories so it fits better in something like a three minute format. They probably could have done the same for the Tsuredure Children show this season, but with the cast of characters shown in the intro I don't mind them going with a longer format to include them all for some variety (12 minute episodes, I believe).

By the way, you're just taunting me with that Ai Tenchi Muyo artwork, aren't you? LOL Really hoping Funimation can get that series (and the new OVA series) and release them (they've got the license for just about all the other Tenchi Muyo series out there).
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Got around to watch Ghost in the Shell live action yesterday. Overall I think the makers really had appreciation to the anime. I've seen most of GitS, just behind on 2nd GIG. Anyway, it was easy for me to overlook the whitewashing thing people are talking about since ScarJo is just a shell. With a different origin story, it made sense, although that's the only thing I was bummed about but they managed to make it seamless. Since the creator didn't make GitS an entire canon series (standalone complex, arise, were different universe) I'm guessing the whole change was okay for me but it just didn't give a better back story to Major. Anyway, it was a good live-action.
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just wanted to add and update that even though it was initially rumored and later announced for a second season back at 2016. Production for season 2 of One Punch Man is well underway since March however the premiere date seems to be eyed for a spring or summer 2018 release
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am looking forward to season 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Heh heh heh. Guess who finally got Umaru-chan's hoodie to wear and be lazy around the house :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, watched through the two seasons, and it's been a while since I laughed that hard and that often at a show. :D 14 minutes or so of clips doesn't do it justice.

They play up the scenario and the characters' flaws (and BOY do they all have flaws LOL) just about perfectly, the timing on the jokes is awesome and they even manage to build on story elements that were established in previous episodes in the process. There's even plenty of other little things and background stuff to keep a watch for that's just downright amusing. Kazuma's brief deadpan "Yes, I'm Kazuma" replies when the other members of his party are excitedly saying his name repeatedly was a particularly consistent fun joke for me.

The only unfortunate part is that I tried watching the first episode of the new series In Another World With My Smartphone shortly after finishing Konosuba, and the first episode of Smartphone seemed really dull in comparison. LOL
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

http://www.j-gintama.com/69kan/

Gotta love the marketing for Gintama. Gintoki (manga) is upset that the live action movie is getting more attention than the latest issue. He had the Yorozuya create ads for the latest manga. :D
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

While I agree that Funimation should do that, especially for Ai Tenchi Muyo, however, OVA 4 is a bit of a hit and miss. Especially since OVA 3 had mixed reviews, I don't think OVA 4 would do that well. The animation and art work is okay but everyone basically just stands or sits around talking exposition and the show either has or mentions characters from GXP and War on Geminar while the main cast is put on the sidelines once again.
    [IMG]
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Eh, I'm enough of a fanboy of the series that I could live with that. LOL Between the events of the last OVA series that was released in the States, the events of GXP and what was hinted at in Kenchi's upbringing in War on Geminar, I'd be just fine with a series that helps fill in some of those blanks.

Well, that and I'd be curious to see what kind of casting job Funimation would do with the classic Tenchi cast, especially if they couldn't get any of the original cast to return. :D
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And speaking of filling in the Tenchi blanks.....:D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...i-ova-reveals-additional-cast-designs/.118843

[IMG]

Young Kenshi

[IMG]

Seina from GXP (still has the bandage LOL)

[IMG]

Kazuki Yotsuga. Probably my favorite little nod, as that was the same name as the protagonist in Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure (another series from the creator of Tenchi Muyo!). Dual! was once described as an alternate universe version of Tenchi Muyo, especially since the main giant mech in the show was able to generate Lighthawk wings. :)
    • Like x 1