Supergirl's New TV Costume Now In DC Universe Online!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Supergirl's New TV Costume!

Get ready to celebrate Supergirl’s TV premiere in DCUO! That’s right, Kara Zor-El has a new look in DC Universe Online, based on her costume in the new television series, which premieres October 26, 2015 and airs Mondays on CBS.

Heroes and villains in Metropolis can see Supergirl’s transformation throughout the game in various missions and instances. Anywhere that Supergirl appeared in her traditional costume before has been updated to her new TV costume, for a limited time. If you want a closer look, heroes can head to the Watchtower and catch up with Supergirl in the Meta Wing.

[IMG]

Additionally, this new Supergirl costume is also now available in Legends* for Members only! Members can unlock this new Supergirl for 100 Marks of Legend.

So, get ready to fight for truth and justice and celebrate Supergirl’s triumphant debut on television by hopping in to DCUO and seeing her new look for yourself!

*The previous Supergirl Legends characters will still be available in game; no changes have been made to those Legends character models.
    • Like x 28
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Well played DCUO, well played.

[IMG]

Is it possible to have those styles on the marketplace?
    • Like x 7
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

Ha, didn't see that coming ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Aemondorth New Player

Why don't put that outfit as the regular to Supergirl on the game? It's pretty beautiful. You guys could use the New 52 outfits to the others characters like Superman.
  5. Vesper Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

better make sure this one counts towards all legend feats ...
    • Like x 6
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Excellent job on the model! This could have easily looked out of place in DCUO with the realism of the TV version. I like how the design team made the adjustments to fit the costume into the world. I was saving for Bombshell Supergirl next, but I like this one better.
    • Like x 5
  8. DocBarJovi Well-Known Player

Does this mean we can expect the same treatment for Bats, Supes, WW, and the rest when BvS arrives next year? Any chance for Flash and GA t.v. costumes as well? I can hope right? ;)
    • Like x 6
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!! More cross promotion is always a good thing
    • Like x 6
  10. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Will the ability to purchase this skin be permanent or only for a limited time as well?
  11. Pults Loyal Player

And here I was hoping to wear it. Bummer.

Will we get iconic emblems in the not so distant future? (I'd be fine with altered ones so that they weren't under copyrights)
    • Like x 2
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

The limited was meant for the Supergirl's NPC in-game. As of right now, she will be sporting the new look for a limited time. The Legends skin will be permanent.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The limited time applies to the model swap in content. The skin should always be in the vendor.
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

it seems the devs have FINALLY realized they are division to a major media conglomerate that can max profits through cross promotion of a single product through its various media outlets...OH MY!!!...what the hell woke them up finally..(have to ask)...(sips morning coffee)...??!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Legends character is here to stay.
    • Like x 9
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

SOE was the reason why cross promotion never occurred. Under Columbus Nova, DCUO have more freedom working with Warner Bro/DC Comics for now on.
    • Like x 2
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Not sure it's considered "cross" promoting unless they return the favor and plug DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

hahahaha its cute to think its the "devs" that realized this. Here,let me put you int touch with Marketing.
    • Like x 3
  19. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I like the new look. It looks like they made it based on the Man of Steel costume.
    • Like x 1
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Finally. Been waiting to see some sort of cross promotion like this since the GL movie came out. I want to see much more of this, particularly when a certain movie starring an Alien, a Greek chick and a crazy dude in a bat costume comes out
    • Like x 8