Summer Kick-Off Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 22, 2014.

1. Franchise New Player

you are wrong, I did the math and you do get the 10% off plus the sale from the marketplaces. so 30% off normally is 40% to legendary members.

different topic, why the 10% off from being legendary doesnt count towards the loyalty point vendor?
    • Like x 4
  2. Yui Loyal Player

Actually, I did the math. I was kinda wrong. the 10% discount was not combined with the sales discounts mentioned in this thread. The 10% discount was applied after the sales discounts were deducted from the normal prices of the items mentioned above.

EDIT: Or like what Tikkun said,
    They took 10% off items first then took off the discounts mentioned in this thread. Either way, you get the same results.

I'm gonna use Armories as examples:
    Normally, these are the prices of armories:
    • One Armory - $6 ($6 per Armory) 600 SC/LP
    • 4-Pack - $20 ($5 per Armory) 2000 SC/LP
    • 8-Pack - $32 ($4 per Armory) 3200 SC/LP
    As mentioned in this thread, armories have a 25% discount right now.
    As you already know, Legendary/All-Access players get a 10% discount on marketplace purchases

Here's how they calculated the sales prices:
    One Armory - $6 ($6 per Armory) 600 SC/LP:
    • Free/Premium Player: 600 SC/LP - 25% (600 SC/LP) = 450 SC/LP
    • Legendary or All-Access Players: 450 - 10% (450 SC/LP) = 405 SC/LP (Price that appears for Legendary/All-Access players on the marketplace)
    4-Pack - $20 ($5 per Armory) 2000 SC/LP:
    • Free/Premium Player: 2000 SC/LP - 10% (2000 SC/LP) = 1500 SC/LP
    • Legendary or All-Access Players: 1500 - 10% (1500 SC/LP) = 1350 SC/LP (Price that appears for Legendary/All-Access players on the marketplace)
    8-Pack - $32 ($4 per Armory) 3200 SC/LP:
    • Free/Premium Player: 3200 SC/LP - 25% (3200 SC/LP) = 2400 SC/LP
    • Legendary or All-Access Players: 2400 - 10% (2400 SC/LP) = 2160 SC/LP (Price that appears for Legendary/All-Access players on the marketplace)
    I would be happy to calculate the prices for Deeds and Lair Themes too but this should be enough don't you think?
    Also, before you say "do the math" to someone, do the math yourself first. ;)
    I don't see you showing calculations or anything.
    • Like x 8
  3. aMUZEd New Player

THIS ^^ GJ!
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

you know you offer nothing to the topic but being an *** and i assure you in real life you would st by quite as could be. what does your post do or accomplish? nothing you are just being a tool. come on dude people have every right to not participate in sales because the sales are getting worse. i for one agree with him but i understand that we may not see %50 sales due to the %10 off sale we always have. i spend well over $100 per %50 off sale and i wont pony up a dollar for any sale less than %50. since i have an easy $150 in this year alone i say yes loseing my spending is a blow to soe. maybe it wont cripple them but every single time a guy like me puts his wallet away as you can see some have the loss is concerning for dcuo. WISE UP IF THE PROFITS WERE WHERE THEY NEEDED TO BE DCUO WOULD NOT HAVE TO GET CREATIVE IN SALES TACTICS, OR MONEY GRABS.
    • Like x 3
  5. iLLusion New Player

Thanks to the Spring Sale, I managed to grab one more Armory for my base. Win-win situation.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Yea, really. This is the worst sale yet
    • Like x 3
  7. Dark Suzumebachi Well-Known Player

Since legendary gets 10% off I hope that this doesn't start a movement of 40% off instead of 50% in order to actually get a 50% discount. It has been a looooooooong time since I seen a half off sale on things players care to buy. Then again they will still make bank, while the lame sale is on you will still buy replays or tokens for full price. I think this is the reason why they don't have these items on sale that much to begin with. Why put them on sale when people still going to buy them for full price, they thew the dog half of the bone not a full one.
    • Like x 3
  8. 1ndab0x176 New Player

I know i posted it before in other threads, but......IF tjere is gonna be a half off sale, it usually drops at the update for the aquaman summer event or like last year when they removed the event, then again during the xmas season. Its the same two times a year. Be patient people. Its just a way to get some extra income generated before the big sale.
    • Like x 1
  9. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I don't get it ppl complaining they want replay badges for sale but in other threads complain that replay is one of the reason they killed of the game or made it easy. just enjoy we getting something rrather thend nothing. Although I do aagree that the sale shouldn't be just for memories or base theme should expand more
    • Like x 1
  10. CaptianQaunTum1 New Player

mhm i guess ill care to get excited.... for the sales i was really hopeing for some replay badges sales.. but seeing as dcuo are never going to do that ever again... but thanks for the sales on the bases i can change mine now.
  11. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Hmmm...car lots have sales to make room for the new models. :rolleyes:
  12. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

odd im legendary and it still costed me $450 loyalty points to buy the armory.
    I notice you only get the 10% discount for being legendary if you buy it from the marketplace itself not when you use your loyalty points.
    But again 450 lp for my pvp armory isn't bad
  13. Clip New Player

I would buy more armories if i would get a answer if we will get a option to have more than 4 loadouts on the D pad, or more armory slots per base at least...

I have to travel between metro and gotham already for certain builds
  14. DamsonX New Player

Why are there so many people getting mad about what is on sale. Traditionally things are put on sale when they are shown to be lacking in sales, in hopes to try to spur up some sales for it.

And there is no replay badge sales because its the hot commodity right now and it is selling without needing to slash the price on it and it's not going to go on sale as long as its doing good.

Seriously, for example. During the introduction of the PS4 and to this day there has been a slash in prices on PS3s. but there are these people complaining "Why the heck are you putting a sale out for the PS3? I already have one. Why don't you put a sale price on the PS4 instead? I'm not paying for it or anything else until they do"
    • Like x 2
  15. SP33DYFAST New Player

Seems like a bad way to kick off summer. o_O
    • Like x 3
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Yay, I finally got the long wanted armories for my alts and a second deed and armory for my US-toon.
    285 SC per armory for 9 of them was a very good deal, thank you. :D
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

And I thought that the Brazilians who complained ...:rolleyes:
    About sale I thought satisfactory! U is not bed of roses, but it is also quite useful. Personally I believe that the market needs a revolution. With new items! Unique styles, unique items basis, new skins, auras, trinkets, etc..;)
    • Like x 1
  18. frogger New Player

Well you guys stick it to me every time. Ive been playing this game since dec 2011 and never post on the forums but this really burns me. I just bought an armory i think yesterday, nice to see i got screwed again because you guys never announce sales before hand. VERY UNHAPPY. sorry after checking the math i believe i did get the discount. again my apologies for jumping the gun lol
  19. Red McCarthyism New Player

I don't think I've ever seen a more ungrateful or entitled community. Nothing has to be discounted, everything on the marketplace costs less than $100 anyway, and if you don't like the deal, don't buy it!

Thanks for the new prices SoE.
  20. Redscreen5 New Player

It's an improvement to the last sale but still one dimensional in its variety. To be totally honest I'm off for a month or two with Watchdog's and when returning will be changing roles on all my alts. There's little chance however of me spending three months worth of subscription to change damn powers. It just sounds ridiculous.

Hopefully when retuning something will be discounted. Judging by the dialogue this is perhaps the beginning of a double sale ? Hope so.