Stuck on Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pher, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Pher Active Player

I just checked to see if everything was up again and the main forum page did not have the red lettered message indicating the system was down. I have logged on and I'm stuck on the "connecting" screen with the DC, WB Games, Daybreak an Unreal Technology logos.
  2. Abstrakt Loyal Player

All servers will be offline tomorrow, February 10, 2020, while we launch Game Update 101 and the Valentine's Day seasonal event. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.
  3. Hollows Active Player

Only 2 hours this time. At least according to the announcement page.

"All servers will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on February 10, 2020, for Game Update 101. Downtime may last up to 2 hours.

This update primarily features the 2020 Valentine's Day seasonal event.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes forum when they are available on Monday."
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Basically the game is still in upload for the Valentine event. I just checked myself and got the same sort of result the "connect" screen appeared and after what seemed like a huge amount of time compared to normal that crashed and I got a note on the disconnect screen saying the event was still being loaded.

Now to lighten your concern a bit

While that statement is true when they are talking about loading a brand new episode.. this is an event and one that has been around for years... It will not be that long. Here is the announcement Mepps put out days ago...

Now that 5;30Am time is based on West Coast time where the DCUO headquarters is located. Not sure where you are but I am East Coast so it translated for me to them going off line at 8:30AM and it is 10:23 now so the game may be back on line in as little as 7 minute. Longer if they encountered a problem but since the ONLY change to the event from last year is new furniture and styles to be loaded onto ONE vendor it will not take 8 hours.. unless they are really REALLY screwed up. LOL
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh now here is a good indication things are finished.. At least on a PC I don't play on PlayStation or Xbox.... When the Log in screen appears there should be a screen announcing the Valentine's Event has gone live.... If you don't see that They are still working.
  6. Abstrakt Loyal Player

While I agree with you.....this is the link to the twitter feed that they put out last night.
    https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/122...ttp://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php
    All servers will be offline tomorrow, February 10, 2020, while we launch Game Update 101 and the Valentine's Day seasonal event.

Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

4:00 PM - Feb 9, 2020

[IMG]
  7. cassi Well-Known Player

Normally there is a red post stating worlds are down on the front of the forums page...I see the staff forgot to drink their coffee this morning and are lagging
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL that is true ae well. But then again let us keep in mind that at no point did anyone think it wasnecessary to change the original announcement saying world would Only be off line TWO hours here either...

Something that has happened a couple times in the past as well. So if we really want a sort of clear indication of what is going one we are supposed to check here on the forums, then check Facebook and then check Twitter. Because no one has anything else to do but spend time clicking for one format to another just to see what is happening.

Now of course I do sympathize with the Dev team to an extant as well since its is now 10:47Am East Coast time and IF they said the game would only be down two hours there would already be a post on here by some one demanding a rebate on their membership because the game was not back up and running. LOL

$15 a month (or less) works out to 50 cnets per day (that = a 24 hour period). So divide 50 cents by 24 (hours) and if the game is off line a whole extra hour that rebate would amount to about 2 cents.. YEAH RIGHT like they w\will be mailing us all a two cent check. :p
  9. hoaxone Committed Player

It's always 8 hours. They just forgot to put it down on the forums. Shouldve put 2-8 hour downtime. Never takes that long unless theres a mechanic change like WM or AM.
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Except that won't really give you a clear indication, because the information varies from one place to another.

They should pick one place to display information, and make sure they get that information right.
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree …………. It can get very confusing and frustrating. :mad:
  12. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Still getting a disconnect because "the system is down for maintenance." OTOH, Mepps just posted the update notes, and the event is now included in the scrolling screen in the launcher. Hopefully soon.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Good news all.. the update is complete and we can get into game...

Game notes

Now as mentioned here on the forums they claimed it would only take a max of two hours and it 1 and about 1 half hour more.. So based on that where is my two cent rebate check? LOL
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay sort of BAD NEWS.. I have tried three times since this post and the long sit loading is gone BUT the game crashed all 3 time swithout ever letting me in. SHOULD be up soon I'd imagine but NOT QUITE YET
  15. Pher Active Player

Still not up, got disconnected while to to load game.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

UGH..

See now this is exactly what I was referring to in an early post here.

It has been almost 30 minutes now since Mepps Posted server update notes here about the new stuff which NORMALY does not happen until something is live.

Now add in that one Twitter this has been posted..

Twitter

and when I attempt to log in on my computer there is now a screen advertising the event and that usually does not appear until the thing is LIVE and you can log in and play

BUT.. I have tried like 5 times now and still get crashed and told the game is down for maintenance.

Oh yeah and just to cover as many bases as possible I even checked the Facebook site but no mention of an update is showing there at all.

So where exactly do we go for GOOD info on what is happening in game? Because all indications are The valentine's Event is loaded and we should be in game playing it.:(
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Wildcat Committed Player

EU PC still down.
  18. Hollows Active Player