Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I figured that was the options I understand then it is a must that the damage be reduced for the sake of power cost, cause other wise the most solo and without a troller is unuseable. May i ask how most of a power reduction we talking and how much damage will be lost?
  2. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Bumbling i know on paper damage reduction sounds terrible it does but if the most is unuseable in anything without a controller then whats the point of how much damage in does in the first place on top of it being blockable still.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Now that I know that this is the intention of this power, I'd say leave as is. The reason is, depending on my current power needs, I can 1. just use the primary hit, 2. hold for it to go straight to extra measure (we're only at 400 here, not too bad), or 3. go for the big hits (if i'm swimming in power, lol).

That said, why are the powers still vulnerable to block? Is it only in tank role that they're not? Just curiosity.
  4. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Are you on the notion that Home Turf mainframe mods should be a necessity or should this just pertain to the tc mods?
  5. E Clip Dedicated Player

Wouldnt it make sense to get Rage in line with other powersets in terms of power to damage (or time if you will) ratio? Say, if Mental/Gadgets/Whatever consumes X amount of power for a period of 12 seconds (which is a normal rotation I'd say), then the same should be true for Rage and HL as well? Doesnt matter if its a combo move or not, the power that is consumed needs to be in line with how much other powersets consume in the same amount of time. Seems logical to me, unless Im missing something obvious ...
    • Like x 1
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

MY FEEDBACK:
    I am IRE and OUTRAGED, that we are once again being SEVERELY PUNISHED, by this new Rage on TEST. I know i should feel RELENTLESS ANGER or VINDICTIVE towards these new changes that drive me BERSERK and into a FRENZY, but the devs have been LACERATED enough. Most likely my feedback will get overlooked and ill somehow have to CHANNEL HATE or REDIRECT RAGE towards my fellow community without VIOLENCE and WITHOUT MERCY. LOL ;)

All seriousness.. Rage has gotten worst. Its slower offensively, and power hungry. It also offers a cushion in tank role with scar tissue, and a lesser degree of rage crash. Limited Health pool is not cool either, but i understand why, i guess?

CONS:
    Im not happy about the power cost to rage combos. Rage feels too slow to play with all power cost(they should cost 300 +free combos)
    Im not happy about changes to Severe Punishment, and not receiving full heals. I thought this what made rage UNIQUE and the feeling of IMMORTALITY.
    Im not happy that revenge is a better overall version to run over outrage, bcuz i can keep spammin it.
    Im not happy that rage doesnt feel like a high risk high reward power anymore.
    Im not happy about Dreadful blast having a longer cooldown so it cant be clipped with it self anymore.. Its the only range move smh.
    Im not happy about Plasma retch jump cancelling, stops all damage.. Whats the point of watching the whole animation when the ticks are finished right when animation is complete.
    Im not happy that the vulnerable to interupt RAGE moves(exlcuding Plasma Retch) are still NOT VIABLE NOR gameplay friendly. Why have them in the game if their NOT good? EITHER make these things extremely strong or scrap it completely. NO ONE USES them.
    Im not happy about removing the capabilities of switchin GALLING ERUPTION, VIOLENCE,etc to Precision DMG.(But i understand it i guess?)

PROS:
    What i am happy about is, Scar Tissue. Please show some type of animation that display SCAR TISSUE.
    I am happy that IRE(i think) doesnt cost any power to use anymore..
    • Like x 2
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Sooo much truth right here!! Devs are not understanding that, Balance isnt technically LINEAR.. its sooo may aspects you have to take into account.. Power cost.. Start up times, cooldowns, combos.. Sooo many different LAYERS of balance.. This is why DCUO has been out of whack in terms of balance.. You cant just across the board give everyone the same functionality, cooldowns, and power cost and say this is balance.. ALMOST EVERY POWER performs DIFFERENTLY and ALMOST EVERY POWER ACHIEVES it success DIFFERENTLY.. Rage is the KING of MELEE. HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD.. it also functions the SAME WAY in TANK ROLE! You can either Rage crash a portion of your damage or RAGE CANCEL, this is RISK is on the players.. By removing what makes every power special, they are ultimately conceding to the idea that in THEIR MINDS, to balance the game, is to make ALL POWERS react and function the same way ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. Thats ridiculous.
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

Home turf mods aren't behind an rng wall.
    • Like x 1
  9. Moja Developer

If 200 cost = 100%, then:
    150 cost = ~85%
    100 cost = ~70%
    • Like x 1
  10. Nemisor Committed Player

ok so how about 200>200>100

that way we could keep it reasonable power efficient with the fist hit, then hold into the last or use all 3 for a bigger hit with bigger power cost.

or 150>100>200 so if you want the full beast damage you need to take it all the way
  11. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

They are behind a paywall.
    • Like x 1
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I assumed as much but having a Tap combo creates more trouble, much better to be just Holds.

Leave it as it is.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

reducing dmg is never good , then better leave it as it is , we can stack controllers :)
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

OR.... How about 300>free, Or 300>150>free
    • Like x 1
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

Hmm, option 1. I'm worried that leaving it at 200 / 200 / 200 would make it too costly for Hybrids and only really feasible for PftT.
    • Like x 2
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Thank you for taking the time out to reply.
    As my fellow testers goers this is for you guys, I know 70% may seem bad but it's very reasonable. it would allow us to run outrage in a free combo without worrying about losing most of our power, not always will we be able to have a controller with us in all content. I am in favor of cutting the cost down to 100 power I hope you all take the time and see that changing it is for the better not just in group content.
    • Like x 1
  17. Saybro Committed Player

I just don't get why you have to be penalized for performing combos, unless it is to bring it in line with other combo powers. I'd rather option 1 with no reduction. The choices are situation dependent. Either you have trolls and are dependent on them or you are running solo content with no troll where that suffers.
    • Like x 3
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I would like for the counter vulnerability be removed out of all the combos. I think only channels should be interrupt-able.

In any case, Outrage is a good power, but it doesn't need to be used in all content. Just like any other powerset that is out right now, Rage has 100 spammers. Revenge and Frenzy. Frenzy looks silly, but works really well in damage. I recorded a video of high power spec. Outrage loadout lasted a lot longer than I'm sure any spec that people are working with right now is doing.

If I'm going to do this in a solo and duo, I'm not using Outrage if I don't have to. Same with, as an example, Gadgets. I'd probably use pdart spam in a solo, while in a raid, I'd switch to more higher costing (200/300) powers that would be supplemented with controller's power.

I think Outrage is fine and works fine.

You will notice that I couldn't run out of power with the 100 frenzy & revenge spam. Damage compared to each other is very similar, but I can get Outrage to 18-20k (You will notice in the Outrage one, 18k at the top.) I just suck really bad with combo powers. I make so many mistakes.
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Playing around with the Self healing and trying to find the formulas and I came across an error on my part. The Leech Column are the Heals I got from using E. Chain. I just found out that THESE numbers are actually the Healing Cap set by the Power's Leech mechanic. Currently spending the night to see if I can find the %s of Dom and Resto to help determine the Cap.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If combo powers continue to use the power they do its gonna be back to either 3 troll raids or combo powers will never reach max dps potential. Right now i can match the damage out by other powers that are doing well if i have adequate power but if i don't have the power i simply can't reach those numbers and the powers becomes weak.

I really think you guys are gonna have to go back on your every input on combos costing powers cause these powers just won't fair well if it stays like it is. And the infinite combos that are a bit more power friendly do terrible damage.

Combos powers use more power then a regular power does cause of the speed your clipping them at so making all the inputs cost power is just crazy. And reducing the damage for a lower power cost is not the answer.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.