stat clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dior_XT, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Wiccan028 New Player

When Endwalker came out they did a Stat flattening to adjust stats (on everything, not just our characters, this was due to some of the bosses having ridiculous amounts of HP, which was needed because of player stats). That adjustment did affect all content but you actually didn't feel any change in difficulty really (and in some cases could see some mechanics again).

Their is however an option to run things unsynched, which gives you an echo buff and while you do not get marks for this you do get access to gear that drops from those runs (which can include mounts).

I would argue its very different how it appears to be in this game across all version of content. However, I can also state I havent played everything that is "new" to me I just know things that I have played in the T5 range due seem to hit "harder" even though your gear is above it (sure I get were clamped).

I suppose another way of putting this is the fact that toons buffed in the event area fill a whole lot weaker once they hit 402, granted I get why that happens but it does kind of show the correlation of whats happening with this game that is different.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes exactly! Tier 4-6 needs to be adjusted! As I stated elsewhere, that night this week I was in the Source Wall it felt like I was at level wearing all green gear. Unacceptable
    • Like x 1
  3. Grim931 Committed Player

Just wanted to point this out as plainly as possible...

Getting stronger/higher CR should NEVER equate to getting weaker when your character is naturally progressing through content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Wiccan028 New Player

I don't disagree with your sentiment. I also would be willing to admit that my statement actually was wrong and I only feel weaker after I hit the 402 CR. I know I am not re-approaching this game with the mind set I had when I previously played (which I mean kind of works anyways.. I may seem some old names I recall seeing but the environment on the forums even feels differently than it used to be, understandable given time)
  5. Grim931 Committed Player

I don't know if it is wrong, something definitely feels off when progressing through content (and even going back into old content). I'm just trying to point out that this shouldn't even need questioned... the fact that it does feel like we're somehow getting weaker as we're advancing isn't at all how it should work. Certain characters are getting buffed more than others, and it's only because of this arbitrary number tied to the gear we're wearing. It all seems pointless to "progress" when in reality, it doesn't mean anything in EEG or in that transitional period.

To sum it up, you aren't as strong as you think you are... so keep going back through content to become strong... but not too strong, easy there... here's a fake ceiling on stats so you have fun. You're having fun, right? Can't make things too easy... you gotta earn that meaningless strength and it wouldn't be fun if you were actually strong.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Well, that would be because something is actually wrong with the way the clamp calculates our stats based off our CR.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...your-stats-more-the-higher-your-cr-is.327578/

The more that CR number increases, the less stats we are given when in clamped content. Even the additional SP allocation granted per each new episode don't offset the stats loss. This quirk of the clamp is felt more in later tiers, which might be why Tiffany feels being in TSW is like wearing green gear?

I need to revive that thread and update it with the stat loss from the JLD Cursed increased CR, but ughhh... lazy... The whole thread also feels like a Pandora's Box, which is why I don't wanna come back to it.
    • Like x 3
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Im not searching through numerous threads to look them up....

But , I assure you... You know one FFXIV player who has stated it... Several times already..