Starter DCUO Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Jul 2, 2015.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Hey, so, due to the recent outbreak in newcomers (just kidding, welcome!).
    And since many have been requesting some sort of tutorial, I decided to put together a STARTER guide, which is basically a general overview of the game, it's roles and the basic interactions.

It is just a quick briefing but i hope it helps clarify what roles do and how they do it, if you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread and i'll do my best to answer them as best as I can!

Anyway, without any further wall of text, here's the link!:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IOEQM1Rrhwd3pycjNZWFF3Z1U/view?usp=sharing
    • Like x 5
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Even though I'm not a newbie I still wanted to see how the guide looked. You need to request access. Not sure if that's how you want it to be ^^
    • Like x 1
  3. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

o_oU darn, didn't notice the access...changing it right away!

EDIT: Should be accessible now, thanks for noticing!
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yup, all good now. Had a quick scan through the guide, it looks good. Gotta love those pictures ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Streven Dedicated Player

Good job Boss. Nice guide.
    • Like x 1
  6. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Very nice boss hopefully if I encounter new people I can refer them to this post so they can get the basic info, then if they still have questions I'll assist where I can. Thank you for the time and effort I still think this guide could and should be implemented in-game. But nice job nevertheless.
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yup. That help button in the options tab could actually become useful rather than just giving you a link to go to xD
  8. IceRaider Dedicated Player

So true, even for experienced players who have never played a different support role can use it to learn a thing or two... Not everything should be shown by vet players. That's just my opinion of a proactive learner.
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

Agreed. I don't see any disadvantages of having a help guide that at least teach the basics of roles etc. even if it is really simple and short.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Looks good. My only suggestion would be to add stuns to the controller section. Or maybe include it with distract in a more generic "CC" bullet.

I've never played as a controller, but I know if the controller doesn't stun the neophytes in the HoH Forge Master fight the group wipes.:)
    • Like x 1
  11. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

That stuff is pretty basic. I did like that little refresher on counters though. In battle I dont even notice the icons over enemies heads.

Do you guys play with auto-lock on or off and why??? A big thing missing from your guide is how the hell to escape battles when your getting your butt beat lol !!

I havent taken the time to play with that one setting that I think controls the transition between combat and back to non combat?? Can that help me escapre battles faster??

Something I would really love to know is how my power debuffing works. Im a Sorcerer and alot of my powers say they give 35-50% damage bonus on the next 5 hits or until im interrupted?? So I should use the highest debuffer I have, the 50% always??? I just toss that out at the beginning of my attack on anything and then follow that up with my best combo's? Is there any reason to use the lower damage bonus powers ??

I guess another nice thing to have in your newb guide is the difference in colored names and how to do the pvp needed for bounties...

Also it would be helpful to know how or if you can farm equipment?? Do you just do single player missions over and over and break the chests and kills the bosses and hope for good stuff or do those only give out the same equipment every time???

Otherwise I have moved on to trying to figure out what kind of stat set ups I can have for my character. Seems like EVERYTHING is important but what happens when you find stuff that gives a massive boost to one thing and maybe drops some of the others slightly. Is it best to focus on Defense, HP, Might, Revitalize, Restore. I want my powers to hit hard but I also want my normal attacks to hit hard also, and I also want as much defense as possible so I can easily survive. I have been prioritizing defense and I still get my butt kicked by level appropiate content lol. I also have no idea when to get into crafting. Im playing free2play right now and I have limited inventory, my base is mostly inactive, dont know how exobits work. If I actually use the sockets in my crap equipment, will I be able to remove them when im ready to swap out that piece of equipment????
  12. HeBeGeBes New Player

I have the classified documents, in my possession now.
    DCUO is mine!!
    Bwa ha ha ha !!!
    But thanks, for real... I hated the terminology. I thought DPS was Double Penetration Syndrome? My bad...