Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Arrested Development is the most underrated show in history.
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I got to see the Lando clip in the pre-show videos that played before my screening of Infinity War last Friday. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Star Wars, alongside Harry Potter, have the 2 largest fanbases. And they most likely will continue to do so. Sorry Marvel.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Whoever designed that poster, knew who the real star of the movie is :p
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I don't really see why there's a need for the competition. Sure people will always like one thing more than another but it's all in the same fandom world and there's room for everyone.

This isn't something directed at you Sir, it's just my thoughts on how people have been acting this past week. Claiming Marvel is now the king and cheering for the supposed down fall of SW.:(
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agrecian, there is plenty of room to like them all, or to like none, butt cheering on one at the detriment of another is just stupid (POO)
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it's especially silly to go into that kind of thinking when you remember that both properties are owned by Disney. No matter what, the mouse wins. LOL
    • Like x 1
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

lol I just realized I had contradicted an earlier post of mine. Yeah sorry 'bout that and your right, we should enjoy all franchises equally. That "sorry Marvel" bit was totally unnecessary on my part. I love Marvel, SW, DC, HP, LotR, etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I saw this awhile ago and found it quite interesting. It just popped up again so I thought I would post it.

13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hopefully that clip will put to end the baseless claims that Lucas didn't acknowledge the additional novels as being canon, he just made the mistake of trusting Kennedy

Yes, he had his own ideas about what the final three (or even six) movies would be, butt that doesn't mean he didn't view the Thrawn Trilogy (or any of the others) as being legit
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, no. You are just seeing what you want in that and not what is the truth.

These "baseless claims" as you said came straight from George's mouth. He stated many times that only his stuff was canon, there's nothing to debate. He did one time allow for the EU to be looked at as another reality, a multiverse type thing, with George's stuff being the only true universe.

That video shows that none of George's ideas for a sequel trilogy ever had anything in common with any of the EU. From what I gathered his later ideas were very similar to what we now have, just with limited use of the original characters, except Luke.

Contrary to claims of his disapproval of how things are going, George doesn't seem to have an issue helping out with SW. He was on the set for Solo quite a lot and he and JJ were constantly talking over ideas.
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Have you read this? https://movieweb.com/star-wars-9-plot-details-story-leaked-old-storyboard/

I like how it starts off but I am questioning Kylo and Rey's relationship :eek:. This better not be true
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I have been steering of all the leaked junk. It's all crap and not worth the time.

And seriously people still trying to push a romance between Rey and Kylo are just being stupid now.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You didn't read a damn thing you quoted, you are the one who is only seeing what you want to be the truth
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh, I think I know what you are trying to grasp at. The interview he was doing with Kennedy, where he added in the EU stuff as things she has access to.

That was just is him pointing out that there is a vast source of already existing ideas out there beyond his works. That in no way changes his views on what was actual canon.

Like I have said, George Lucas, in various interviews, stated flat out that only his stuff was canon and everything else was nothing more than other people's interpretations of his galaxy. They were fantasies of a fantasy in a way.

He certainly acknowledges the existence of the EU and that there may be good ideas in it. It would be foolish of anyone to not acknowledge that but that doesn't make them anything more than what they were, just other people's SW stories and not his.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You need to learn the difference between 'FanFiction' and 'Officially licensed and approved works by other authors'
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sign, I never said anything about fan fiction.

You need to learn that officially licensed does not mean fully sanctioned canon. Do you think of DCUO as DC canon? What about SWTOR? How about every toy ever made for comics, SW, Star Trek or any other properties? Those are all licensed products, yet I don't see the spidermobile or spidercopter (I had both of those when I was a kid) or any of the Hotwheels licensed designs as canon.

I know you are going to say that books, toys and video games are different things but they are all officially licensed and approved products.

You just aren't getting it, George Lucas, himself said that the EU was never canon and that only his stuff was, period. There is nothing to debate here, he said what he said and at the time he said it he owned SW.