St. Pat's Countdown Timer for US/EU PS/PC Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Achikah All About That Base

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Bug sub-forum or here, so feel free to move it if need be, but...

Hoping this is just a graphical glitch for the teleportation timer on the World menu, but in-game, on both the US and EU servers for PS/PC, the countdown timer has at least than 24 hours as of Tuesday Morning (US currently at 23 hours and EU at 15 hours (before the impromptu shutdown)) If this is correct, this means the event would end at Wed. Morning reset, not Thursday, giving us only 13 days instead of the intended full 14 days, or 2 weeks.

I know X-Box and Switch had issue with their event timer too, so I'm not sure if we also had them and I, and others, were just oblivious to the math/calendar.

Either way, this is both an ask for the devs to confirm this is, indeed, a graphic glitch, if something will/is being done about giving us that extra day if not, or, frankly, a PSA for anyone reading to do you St. Patrick's seasonal shopping before reset tomorrow to be on the safe side.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jaelia Committed Player

Was thinking the exact same, still need base items and I don’t wanna relive Halloween all over again where the event disappeared and without notice.
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Is this why the downtime happening? It just got uploaded on dcuo channel
  4. Red Five Developer

This is indeed a bug, but it should only affect the Warp Menu - the rest of the seasonal should remain active until Thursday.
    • Like x 10
  5. Achikah All About That Base

This is great news! Thank you very much for the reply. I know there were quite a few Base Builders fretting we were missing a day of furniture grinding, so I'll be sure to put their minds at ease.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ingrando Well-Known Player

I noticed that since seasonal came out good to know Wednesday that last day gonna grab what I want today just in case…
  7. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Yay! More time to get more of those wonderful walls. And other things, but the walls are especially good. I'm putting a snug in my pub.
    • Like x 3
  8. Prindacerk Committed Player

Unfortunately I couldn't know this in-game and didn't want to risk losing the vendor if it closed a day early. So I had to spend all the tokens one day before by recalculating the items without the extra 8 tokens. Then we had the extra day and I had to store that token for next year instead.
    • Like x 1
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I didn't have much of a choice. By the time I got the rest of the pub items I needed, and the few style items I needed for feats, I had one toon left, who had 92 marks, and the only thing I really needed for feats was that collection whose icon looks like a runestone, and the emote. I could have gotten the collection piece for 50 marks, but that would have done no good, since I only ever got 3 of the pieces as drops (well, four, but one was a duplicate). Fortunately, the event reset, even though it was an hour late.
  10. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Is that the Veil Between Worlds collection? After 3 years of waiting unsuccessfully for drops I ended up getting the last 3 pieces dirt cheap on the broker. Even passing all my collections to my main first hadn't helped me to get a full set. So I had the clovers available and bought the last piece at the last minute.

The Explore Metropolis mission came back after 1 am PT as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yes! The Veil Between Worlds. It was right on the tip of my tongue. Anyway, I think last year I only got a couple of pieces of that one, and this year I have a new main and only got three new pieces on my current main, so if I were to use the broker I'd pretty much have to buy the whole set.

When you say Explore Metropolis reset, do you mean Wednesday night, going into this morning, or did it reset Wednesday morning? (I didn't sign in at all yesterday evening / last night)
  12. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Argh, time zones. I think that's right. the usual 5 or 6 hours after loot lock reset before server restart :). The collection pieces were very cheap at the end of the event.
    • Like x 1
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Anyone who wants to get extra clovers ahead of time so they can jump into base item buying next year,
    the clover currency is still available in the marketplace!
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
  14. Jaelia Committed Player

I just checked the loyalty vendor (Vandal Savage) in the house of legends he’s still selling shamrock aura, rainbow aura and 50 Lucky Clovers, with no seasonal active.
  15. Prindacerk Committed Player

What's the point of buying the Clovers from Marketplace if the vendor is not there to spend it on? Can wait for next year to buy and spend.
    • Like x 1