Soul Well

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sentiency, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I do want to point out that the heals tics from soul well are not its main heals things have to die to get the bigger heals from it hence soul well

at least how it used to work
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it came with the timing changes were cool downs all changed and yes it used to be 3
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I definitely get where you’re coming from. Right now all you really need is priority, group heal, and maybe even a shield. That’s pretty standard across all healing powers. However there’s no guarantee that they won’t make more raids like SGE with the background ticks. The background ticks from HoT do mitigate that especially going for feats.

I also agree that technically no healer NEEDS a buff because of how simple healing has become. Doesn’t mean a slight adjustment isn’t welcome lol.

I think that mechanic has been removed a long time ago.
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

would be something worth testing
  5. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Heres the issue though, this thread and some of the replies directly highlight the exact issue with Powers and why reworks or rebuilds may be a necessity at this point. "Sorcery is fine if you use X Loadout". A sentence like that shouldn't exist. If someone said that in a thread, right now we should all be looking at it confused. But we're not, because despite the intention behind it, the Year Long Power Rework we got was fundamentally flawed.

To recap, (not for you as i'm sure you're aware but instead to make sure its present in this thread) the Entire point of the Year Long Power Rework can be summed up with 2 points:
    - To Separate Precision from Powers
    - To Standardize damage/heal numbers across all Powers' abilities, who's Power Costs match

The first point was a success, but the second point actually ended up creating the gaps between Powers we see today. And i'm not surprised either, we're talking about the most difficult calculations the Devs, and even the testers, had to implement. Saying "2 Powers with 2 abilities that cost 100 power should do X dmg/healing" sounds easy, but then theres variables like Cooldowns, Attack Animations, Jump Clip Ability and Interrupts to factor in. And now we've added in 2 entirely new Variables that we didn't have when the Rework was implemented, Artifacts and Ally Bonuses.

I'm highlighting all this just to confirm that yes, I fully understand that a Rework of anything at this stage is a truly astonishing amount of work. But Difficulty should not, nor ever, decide Necessity. Shrugging shoulders and saying "meh, lets just be happy with having no options to customise Loadouts" doesn't make it easier to accept that the Rework was actually meant to allow customisation. Concentrating on trying to fix 1 ability at a time is a Plaster, not a fix. Theres a reason why theres the old saying "a stitch in time saves nine". Obviously the previous Rework was meant to be that stitch in time, but it didn't do its job, and now we're looking at fix number 2 of 9 with this thread.

We've got powers that people are voluntarily labelling "fine" as if thats a positive thing, powers we all know are only really good at 1 of their 2 roles, and a power everyone knows whats wrong with which continues to run live with its broken mechanics. If now isn't the time to get that early stitch in to save from needing nine, then there never will be.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sentiency Well-Known Player

It’s on test server right now and has already been officially announced by the devs.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Any thread I’m in or create where buffs or adjustments are talked about- specifically with sorcery- you’ve come in to tell me or others that sorcery is fine and only x, y, and z power is needed to heal. I’m aware. Adjusting healing powers that underperform give options that make the game fun. It’s not just about whether or not the healer power is able to heal content, we’ve established that any healer power can heal anything with a group heal, a priority, and a shield.

Just because you don’t see a use for it doesn’t mean that others do not. Soul bolts and other “heal near target” powers tend to have minimal range or minimal animation. Soul well is the opposite of that. I’d like to see soul well buffed not because sorcery *needs* it to be able to heal, but because it’s just a cool power I’d like to be able to utilize that is currently useless.

Also, I’m not trying to come across as rude. I’m just passionate about the powerset.
    • Like x 3
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

I remember seeing it too, it was mentioned in a thread about waters graphics on their aoe heal.
    • Like x 1
  9. Nangaf Well-Known Player

10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

after having spent some time testing Soul Well I can now say yes this power needs to be looked the heal tics are really weak and it as someone else stated the heals from adds dying doesn't exist any longer so the power needs help to be viable
    • Like x 1