Sore's Nature Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Sore, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Buckwheater New Player

Oh, forgot to ask-
    which do you think the community needs more of?
    DPS or Healers?
  2. Buckwheater New Player

Also- opinion on this guide?

Personally, I dislike it because of the complexity of it.
    I don't like clipping powers myself, not at all, and constantly switching forms...
    it gives me a massive headache just watching him doing it.
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

It is the best pointblank melee rotation. That guide is executing it incorrectly. He shouldn't clip Serpent's Call with Carnage in Wolf. I'm pretty sure he'll neither get the boosted damage or the DoT from it. He also is doing too many dog bites. Three pairs is all you need before you're about to lose your Wolf DoTs and need to reapply them. I was averaging 29K DPS with it while he seems to get more like 24K DPS which is a pretty big difference for executing the same rotation.

Players tend to prefer using a midrange rotation. That's where you stack DoTs in human form, shift to Wolf form and keep refreshing poison and Wolf DoTs. I describe that rotation in my main guide. It sustains about 28K DPS, but can be slow to build up the damage.

An alternative midrange rotation is purely in Human form. You just stack poison DoTs and keep refreshing them and keep Carnage active while relying on the weapon mastery combo Dual Wield Explosive Shot. It only sustains about 24K DPS but that is more than sufficient to beat content. It won't top scoreboards but it does well. It also builds up damage faster. I'm thinking it will match your playstyle more. Once I'm done with all my testing I'll be updating the guide.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea thats def not the most ideal rotation for the dog build.

I have some build/rotations with wolf that can get pretty consistent 13k single and 30k AoE. I'm gonna work on a vid later now that i thoroughly tested everything out. I'll post it up here for everyone to check out.
    • Like x 1
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Another thing I would like to see them change if possible is to be able to change armories while in a form. If you don't have a return to normal on your bar there's no way of switching armories and that sucks.
    • Like x 2
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

A few wolf single target parses. Not to bad, I squeeze some 14's in there every once in a while when luck is on my side.

AoE i'm getting 29-32 with a average of 30k

[IMG]
  7. Buckwheater New Player

Yeah, I'm more like mid range to long range, anything but close range.
    Switching between Wolf and Human just doesn't suit me,
    so I'd either be staying in one or the other.

The dog form is too grounded and it doesn't have any non close range attacks,
    so I don't think I'll be using that at all.

and you said duel wield into explosive shot?
    Okay, I had chosen the bow though...

I like the bow for themes sake, but if I could be more effective with dw I'll gladly switch.

Btw, what are some good nature names?
    I tried going with Buckwheater like my forum name,
    but it doesn't look good ingame.

Any ideas?
    Thanks btw for all the advice.
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

It may take a while before you have enough skillpoints to unlock Weapon Mastery but once you do, you'll be able to execute this rotation. I think it's generally what you're after. Weapon Mastery are special weapon combos that start with one weapon and finish with another. The combo I was describing lets you do a Dual Wield throw of both weapons, you catch them, and switch to a Bow explosive shot. So the bow is involved. It is also the best ranged/midrange rotation for Nature without needing to change forms while leveraging a DoT-oriented playstyle.

By the way, the video is starting to age. Ignore the damage parsing at the end. It's against an old spec and old methodology.

• Like x 1
  9. Buckwheater New Player

Thanks. I'll go dual wield then, and I'll email a link of this video to myself for future reference.

Sorry to bug some more (hehe, bug. Insectoid form joke, lame, I know) but where could I go if I wanted help coming up with names?
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

Dual wield is nice on the way to leveling up or working through content. The melee 4TapHold, 6TapHold and 9TapHold for melee can get you through all your solos and duos if you're casting powers as needed too. The basic range Hold is good for spamming while in groups, again, while also casting powers as needed. Ideally you're leveraging the strength of the advanced DoT mechanics (stacking DoTs, spreading DoTs, and refreshing DoTs). That's not to say you couldn't figure out how to make Bow work too. Don't forget that you can respec all you weapon traits and powers any time you want for a nominal fee. Experiment away. What I've shared here is just kind of a fast track to understanding what works very well. It's a foundation upon which you can start to see the patterns of what will work or not when you look at other rotations or other weapons.
  11. Buckwheater New Player

Hmm...so it's all a matter of what works best for me personally?
    because tbh, I really like hand blasters...

Could those potentially be effective also?
    They got powerful ranged attacks that are essentially massive aoe damage...
    or is it "cone" damage, I get my terms mixed up.

Basically, I prefer to keep my distance as much as possible,
    both in groups and solo play...
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

Only a couple things will perform "best", many will perform "good enough" which by definition is good enough, and few will be unsatisfactory. Hand Blastersare strong in group play. Range HoldTap is a nice quick short combo. Range 3TapHold is stronger. People gravitate to 2Hold early on which may help you level but leaves better options unexplored. They also gravitate towards 2TapHold which looks appealing but honestly has very limited value. The only pain for handblasters is limited Melee capability which you may not notice while leveling up but will notice in endgame during solos and duos.
    • Like x 1
  13. Buckwheater New Player

Leveling up, my primary tactic is almost always ranged combos,
    and once I get to the higher content I intend to spec into brawling wm asap.
    Do you think the brawling wm makes melee better?

Also, as a primarily ranged dps, do you think melee is a must?
    I mean, will I be caught in situations where I have no choice?
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  15. Buckwheater New Player

16. Sore Steadfast Player

Brawling WM is better for support roles as it has the best power regeneration combo (TapHold). Otherwise it has a great non-WM Melee combo 3Tap2Hold. Other than that, it's WM combos aren't great for DPS but I'd still feel free to experiment. You won't likely want to Melee anything when a tank is present, commonly alerts and raids. But you probably will want to get comfortable with Melee in solos and duos. It'll greatly reduce time to complete instances and improve your survivability (stuff dies faster). You always have a choice but you'll eventually view some of your options as trying to swim against the current.
    • Like x 1
  17. Buckwheater New Player

I see...
    So for you, dual wield has thus far proven to be the most simple and effective?
    I watched the video, and it looked awesome sure enough, and it didn't seem too complicated...
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So this is what I'ive been using and found to get the best results.
    • Like x 1
  19. Buckwheater New Player

Hmm, this looks good also- what powers do you clip,
    carnage and swarm, and jump clip roar right?

Anything I missed?
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You can find some threads like that here and there but there is a very real risk that someone will snag the name before you have a chance to use it. There exists some players that "park" names until they want to use them or sell them. So unfortunately it is not very common on these forums. I do not know of any specific superhero name threads elsewhere on the Internet.

There may be some issue occurring with Census data at the moment but you could use Sore's DCUO Live website and search for all Nature characters by name that have been created. From there you could get an idea of what people call Nature characters and possibly draw inspiration from those.
    • Like x 1