Robot Side kick

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Horus, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deranya Dedicated Player

Do I need to worry now that I will get called names because I use a robot on my off-role loadout? o_O
    Let people play how they want, if they want to use a robot, let them, if they want to use a different power than others, let them, if they want to use Heat Vision let ... no wait, hunt them down. xD

That Robot is available for everyone, no restrictions whatsoever, if you get beaten by a robot, get your own.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

No way I have to get a few more rants under my belt before I can into the big leagues . Maybe someday :)
  3. ermike Committed Player

What else should we run? Because of wm and max damage their is no use for more then 1 or 2 powers.. seems like a really noobish thread to me
    • Like x 1
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I'm sure it's already been posted, but when you only need a few powers on your bar what else should you do, put nothing in that slot?

Might as well get a little extra damage outta the deal.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Dps - " the only reason I'm not top is because I Died".

Me - Oh you couldn't stop trying to do damage and get out of that AOE .

Dps in alert- " can't even do my full rotation I need more power"

Me- you need a new rotation

Dps who gets beat but has better gear- How many sp do you have

Me - they have a App for that
  6. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Maybe get a shield since so many dps like standing in Aoe , or god forbid you use that shield to help pick a team member up
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

I love those threads. First they start with something that the OP doesn't like and then they start passively or actively insulting members of the community for no reason whatsoever - or at least they don't give a reason.

And in the end it turns out those thread are made by the very people those threads are ment to insult in the first place.

It's just like a bad TV show.
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So is your complaint against robot sidekicks or you constantly running with scrub dps'es that complain and compare based off a scoreboard ?!?!?
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

A DPS shield does not survive two hits of a dmg field in lockdown. But then again, you're generalizing. So no point in a real discussion if you measure every dps by the same yardstick..
    • Like x 2
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And what about those who don't stand in AOE's or actually pick people up? Can we have your permission to use Robot Sidekick ?!?!? :rolleyes:

I rarely DPS with my toon, but he's in my rotation because as was already mentioned, with WM you don't need all the power slots to begin with.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

In alerts I'll allow it , and for some raids . I'll write the approved robot sidekick guide later , ;)
  12. VintageWine Dedicated Player

That can actually be a good thing, starting off with someone's loadout can actually help the person understand what every move, attack...whatever word you want to use, it helps them understand what each of them do and some will branch off from what they have learned, also help build muscle memory.

Regardless it shouldn't be affecting your gameplay in any form though how people decide to play the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Are you new to this game??? You must be to trot out this old nugget. Sure...you can "technically" be original...see how far that gets you in this cutthroat community. By the way, in case you are new, there's hardly ever been anything original as far as loadouts and rotations go...at least not after a few guys discover what works best. Some people will figure out an optimal rotation or two, and then it spreads, either in game or on youtube. It's been like that since forever on this game.

As for robot sidekick, yes it's free damage...since when is that a bad thing??? With the way Weapon Mastery currently works, there are only a few options that put out the most optimal damage...that usually means that people have an open slot for another power on their loadout. Depending on the powerset, some will use supercharges...but those are situational and have to be built up, not to mention they're not all equally great. So why not just slot in Robot Sidekick to output an extra DoT??? I get it...you're tired of seeing a few hundred little bots...so what???? With MUCH bigger issues of balance and lack of honest challenge in this game, you choose to get on a soapbox about this???
    [IMG]
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I should add to my signature that I'm Dark Horus approved to use the robot sidekick..... :rolleyes:

As my leagues main tank, I approve of them all using robot sidekicks if they want to.... I have learned to tank with or without npc's all over the room.

Maybe someone should write a guide so you can tank with sidekicks out and not get your face kicked in? :D
  15. Radium Devoted Player

Its because its hard to utilize a 6 slot loadout with WM combos. Especially long ones.

Every other power I use has me covered for every situation.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I could have been more clear in my original post , it's dps who use robot sidekicks , back up , sidekicks in raids like Lock Down . How it limits a tanks movement and ability to pull . But sometimes I like to chum the waters to get the forums sharks to come out . Say one thing about dps and you have a pack of them , it helps past the server down time
  17. HiggletyPigglety New Player

IDK what's a cheesier tactic: this, or HT mods/trinks in PVP. Whatever works though :p
  18. VintageWine Dedicated Player

it's not just dps that use them. :confused: I still need to work on getting my Home Turf sidekicks for my healer & didn't Fester say he could tank with or without them to begin with and sometimes in my own past groups people could have cared less if there's a tank + people using sidekicks. :confused:
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It does make things a little more work and you have to move around more to get things done, but it's not that big a deal to tank with them out....

It actually give me more to do. :D
  20. Owl Devoted Player

There are useful reasons for using Pets in Combat.
    1. Some attacks split damage based on the number of targets. More pets equals less damage to player characters.
    2. An opponent may target a pet instead of a player for an attack or control effect.
    3. A pet may continue attacking while a player is countered or controlled.
    4. Using a permanent pet is basically a low cost damage over time power.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.