Repost: Good Tips for New Players.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Tros, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Tros Well-Known Player

Well a lot asking some advices i usually say this to a new player/some1 i just invited to league:

*Always play with Nth Metal Detector
    Well u can buy it in doctor fate or broker.
    It usually gives like 5-6 Nth metal caches (you can sell like 2-3 and buy another detector so u still have 2-3 left to upgrade your artifacts).
    Always play with detectors on.

*Renown Booster (very cheap)
    To buy a elite set (for stats or feat, whatever) you will need 6.500 renown from that episode. But u can actually buy a renown booster in doctor fate and get a 25% renown bonus for 1 hour. That means you can store 5.200 in your inventory and then after using the boost you can collect everything in one shot and get that max renown done. Super easy.

*Origin Augments
    Well for now it take a while for upgrading all the augs for max, everyone should use both roles so there is 8 to upgrade. But u can buy some Exobyte Mk17 on broker that are very cheap and upgrade from 0 to max without any effort. They are real cheap and i think you will need like 2,3 stacks to max.

*Upgrading Artifacts
    The best method is farming all you can get playing, with detectors, from broker and daily logins and store to ONLY use in the double XP event week. Also NEVER EVER destroy an artifact without in the double. 1 art to lvl 200 cost around 1.600.000 XP so its a 800k loss if break it outside of double.
    You can easy play with all 80 art waiting to the double to put it on 160 then 200. (If in 160 lvl you already have 75% of its potential.)

*Stabilizer
    You can get like 6 or 12 from daily logins per month. (non member 6, member 12).
    You can get 1 per week in doctor fate.
    You can get 1 per week in Dakota for 100x marks of bounty.
    Save them to open all tc that have a feat on it, like open 10x that capsule, 15x time that other and go on.

*Week Bonus
    every week there is a bonus, you should take advantage of it. If it's a spotlight, buy the regular and elite set which will be half price. If it's a SM bonus, keep spamming to accumulate a lot. If it's XP focus on that and etc.

*Daily quests feats
    Some dlcs have daily feats, like doing (10, 20, 60 times...):
    -Amusent Mile
    -Death Metal Washington
    -Ace Chemicals
    -Stryker Island
    -Typhon Monster Invasion
    -War thorn village
    -Time Torn Area 51
    -Gotham Under Siege
    -Flash Bounties (DLC 2: can kill 9 per day, very easy to kill and to find spawns in internet)
    -Ring War / Diamonds are for everyone

*Weekly quest feats
    There are some feat episodes of doing weekly quests (12,16 times...):
    -New Genesis
    -Dakota

*Ally
    Best time for farm Ally favor is in the Save the Universe event, you can buy 5k Ally favor per character per week, so its good to have more and more alts. Sadly, they need at least 385CR to do STU content.

-For now the "Regular Setup" for DPS ally are: Krypto (Damage ST) + Static + Shazam (For precision and Rage with Berserker this might be different)

-For Support Roles u can use Krypto or Death Metal Batman (for that 10% debuff that stacks with trolls debuff) as Damage and
    TANK: Lex Luthor + Superman
    Troll: General Zod + Batman Who Laughs
    Healer: Batman Who laughs + Cyborg.

*Artifacts
    Well for now the best ones for DPS are Transformation, Strategist and Quislet.
    But the Dead King Scepter, Scrap of Soul Clock, Ebon (for might), Pied Piper Flute (might) are good for helping increase damage per second.

Tank: Manacles of Force, Mystic Simbol of Seven, Lazarus Pit

Troll: Amulet of Rao, Claw of Aelkund and (Cog of Mageddon + Tettahedron of Underground = You can "swap" then in middle of battle)

Healer: Page of Destiny, Purple healing Ray, Transformation card. Scrap of Soul Cloak and Eye of Gemini are good too.

*Membership
    I believe it is worth it for all its benefits:
    -500 Daybreak Cash
    -150 replay badges
    -Twice of stabilizer in the month (12 instead of 6)
    -4x Fate Tokens
    -4x Destiny Tokens
    -50% more Artifact XP and Ally XP
    -10 additional characters
    -More inventory, bank and broker space
    -All powers included
    -All movements included
    -You can buy all legends chars for marks of legend
    -1 restore item per month
    -can create league

-Can exchange cash in trade
    • Like x 5
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Awesome guide! I really wish links to threads like this were in the "Help" section in-game, I strongly feel like that space is highly under-utilized and strongly needed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

great stuff. I'll upvote this as many times as you want, my man. same for Raven's suggestion for an in-game help section. good work, sir.
    • Like x 1
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I just wanted to clarify this statement:
    You don't really need to look them up on the internet. For the bounties outside of Central City, as long as they're set as your active mission in the Journal, the map will show you the area where the Rogues spawn. In Central City, it doesn't work, but there are only 4 spots where the bounties spawn: at each of the compass points around the Flash Museum.

Actually, you can run the Omnibus versions of the Amazon STU content starting from CR 190, and the Justice League Dark STU content from CR 210, for Source Marks and the STU marks. The omnibus versions still count towards completing STU instances for feats, and for the weekly mission to complete STU instances, which you get from the Time Bubble. Also, according to a post by Reinhold, the daily free mark from Rip Hunter is available at CR 327. So, there's really no reason to wait until CR 385 to run STU.

Edit: I don't want you to think I'm trying to rain on your parade. This is useful advice for new players, and it's a good thing that you recreated it here. Especially with all the negativity that popped up on the old thread.
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

You've pretty much got leveling covered. The only thing I'd add is: Do the story missions. You should be level 30 before you even finish them.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring over the other tips from that thread, since probably no one will ever find them in there:

• Like x 1
  6. Mister Ultimate New Player

Welcome to one of the best open world rpg DC game