Question on healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by microhatter, Apr 7, 2017.

1. microhatter Active Player

So, at this point in time I have 2 characters. One for sorcery DPS and the other a nature character which I will evolve into healing soon as I reach 30 and will do duos and alerts as a healer... my question on this is: What if I dont have a controller in the group? What happens? Do I rapidly run out of energy trying to keep the others healed and simply end up wiping because I cant generate enough energy to heal? Will I have to focus on weapon attacks to keep uo the energy?
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'm not a healer so I can't tell you exactly how it's done, but pretty much every healer I see seems to manage just fine without a troll outside of raids. So fret not, it can be done. I'll leave it to the forumites that actually heal themselves to tell you how they actually do it, though.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In alerts you get a roleless buff for every support role not present, so without a troll, you get some power regen. Couple that with the overdosed resto healers currently have they have no issues keeping people alive without a troll. Duos there's no roleless buff, but the DPS should kill stuff fast enough to where it won't be a bother.

Keep in mind, people aren't very fond of support in duos at the moment, and you'll probably have people walk out on you.
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

In open world, solo and duo content, every enemy you kill drops a blue "bauble" that restores some of your power. In alerts there are roleless buffs that replace some of the functionality of a role if there's none in the group, so you'll regen some power by yourself. In raids you're SOL if there's no troll unless you have extremely good self power management, skill and a cooperative group.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Anyone who walks out on you for being in the true role (specially as a Healer), add them to your Ignore list and you should never have to deal with them again
    • Like x 6
  6. microhatter Active Player

Why would someone walk out on a support role?
  7. microhatter Active Player

There was one time I instanced with a gadget controller and he fed me near infinite amounts of energy.. personally, I loved it.

Another note on healers... A lot of alerts, players scatter about like cockroaches... That in mind, do you have to be anykind of close to use all your healing abilities on folks?
    • Like x 1
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Yes and keep an eye on players that duck behind objects and race around corners, your heals won't reach them
    • Like x 1
  9. microhatter Active Player

So as long as they're in line of sight?
  10. IamINC Dedicated Player

Healing with Nature's bug form means rarely ever running out of power
    • Like x 2
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Yes and I've noticed if there's a small/short object, such as a bowl or tree stump in between you and the person being murdered, assume they're not getting heals.
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Until whenever the revamp drops.
    • Like x 1
  13. IamINC Dedicated Player

Yeah , one of the things was not overly happy about at first but i'm sure we nature heals will manage!
    • Like x 2
  14. microhatter Active Player

How is the revanp going to effect nature healing?
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'll answer this question for you.

It's for 3 reasons.
    • DPS won't be able to burn, so even though you're healing them; their Damage out won't cut the mustard and they'll leave.
    • Support roles are uber slow compared to DPS. Having more DPS versus Support Roles isn't worked out on Live, Support Roles burn content very, very, slowly because of the AMs making a gigantic difference.
    • Some DPS want to be carried, and won't bother with you if your a support role(Read number 2, it'll make sense.)

People walk out on support roles generally because they simply aren't as effective as grabbing another DPS. It's Dumbfounding I know, but it's the truth.

Regards-A Retired Electricity Healer.
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

Read the testing feedback in the testing section buddy , you'll see everything being done and what the testers have discovered so far playing it.
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I have a number of healer alts so lets try to give you a hand. To answer your question for this post yeah heals do have a range but you can only do so much .. Trust me as time passes you will find players that race ahead of the entire group into new rooms and will, almost always, wind up dead and then start screaming about heals. Just keep in mind .. he or she is a total lunatic so ignore them and if they insist on being stupid you can point out that not only do heals have a range they have absolutely no training that allows them to turn corners and enter entirely new rooms. Point out if they are so adamant about staying alive they MAY want to stay with the group so you can heal everyone including them.

As for power.... Keep a close eye on the list of your team mates that should appear on the left hand side of your viewing screen. If everyone is at 100% health then concentrate more on using your shields and an occasion heal over time as opposed to just constantly hitting heal from start to finish. I like to refer to this as "Preventative medicine" hey if the shield is reflecting damage away the team isn't taking as much so its easier and requires less of a power drain to get them back to 100%. Same with the HOT.... if that is clicking away and healing damage as fast as it is taken then overall health doesn't drop much or at all and that saves you power as well.

As for your weapon.. YES use it. I am constantly firing off attacks in between using the powers in my try simply because all weapon attacks help to rebuild power so I am not just doing damage I am also helping to rebuild my own power level.

Always be aware of your surroundings... Check each room you enter for healing barrels or crystals. These will not only come in handy for helping to keep your team at 100% health but will also help you and the team regain power.

Soda is your friend. Just like the barrels and the crystals it will not only restore health but power as well. And don't be afraid to drink one down at 100% heath just to get your power level back up. As you mention your the healer and without power your armor provides the least amount of protection and many of your power do no damage at all so if you can't heal ... your ability to help your team suffers greatly.

Use your Skill points wisely. yes the higher your Restoration the more healing you can accomplish but at the same time if you dedicate some SP to power you can last a little longer before starting to look for barrels or chugging sodas.

Charms... These normally increase your resto for a short period of time (20-30 seconds is about the normal) so use them wisely because they do take a while to recharge. I normally save mine for boss battles because that is when the team will be getting hit with the most powerful damaging attacks.

Supply Drops.. Get this to tier 3 and keep it there. It will not only allow you to restore your own health and power level but used wisely can even help you heal your team mates and give them power back. If you see a team mate whose health is dropping and you are ready to use the supply drop to get your power back .... move close to that team mate and use your supply drop and not only with you and he get a power and health boost but any other team mates in range will as well. You can use this at any point if its needed but unless the situation requires it I generally hold on to the drop for boss battles as well. Just like the charm the supply drop will take a while to recharge.

PETS.... depending on the power your using some healing powers do include a pet that can be a part of your attack tray. Unlike pets you can summon from your utility belt these pets do not have a time limit and unless defeated will stay active throughout an entire mission. Those pets will provide healing to you and the team so if your power set has one .. grab it and use it.

There is a lot more we could discuss but that should give you a decent starting point :D
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Another point regarding weapons: even a little bit of damage is still going to add up to making the mob go down quicker, which means they won't be doing damage to you or your group, you just have to juggle things and don't forget to keep an eye on your teammates' health
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh hey just add a couple more I thought of since i woke up today LOL

Omega Compounds .. these things drop all the time these days in all sorts of ways so its pretty easy to obtain a pile of them without much effort. So okay you now have a way to increase not just your stats but everyone on your team gets that 3% boost to every single stat. That boost lasts for 30 minutes so if you use one when the team enters the mission on a good team you can finish the entire thing and still have time left to spare. Great thing about them is the bonus stacks with almost everything so if you use your charm when you reach a boss battle your getting the 3% bonus from the Omega compound and the added bonus to just your restoration on top of that.

Specialty SODA.. There are specialty sodas that don't just heal and add power but also boost specific stats. Not sure if the recipes still drop but if you can find some one that has them you can always buy them.. or look for them at the broker.. Yes there is one specifically designed to increase restoration. ALSO in this area are the sodas you can buy from the on line store for real cash. Personally I don't buy them but they are another thing that drops when you open a time capsule and while I don't buy those either I still open a couple a week by doing the daily mission that awards fragments and I've accumulated 25 of them free of charge. They are similar to the Omega Compound in that they increase all stats by 1% So you can drink a soda to restore health and strength and get a 30 minute long boost to your Resto. Just a heads up.. If you have already used an Omega Compound save those sodas for later since they are one of the few things that won't stack with the compound.

Finally DarkVisor makes a good point. Another very good reason to use your weapon is there is no such thing as bad damage add it to the my list of preventative medicine techniques. If all the mobs are dead then nothing is causing damage. no damage means no need to heal which means your character has time to recharge before the next battle
  20. Balton hero Committed Player

If you're running without bug form: WM is your friend.
    • Like x 2