Progression....

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, May 29, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Its been explained so many times why the replay system is not good. No other progression MMO allows players to speed up progression this way. Because it results in an uneven playing field. Its that simple. Your progression shouldnt be different based on how much money u make irl. If its so great then why has not a single MMO also adopted replay badges? ;) And when replay badges affect the entire game and all players then nope it is peoples business. We switched from quarterly dlcs to monthly content because of replay spammers being very vocal about how bored they were. Id suggest looking into all the other MMOs out there and see how things are done.

Also content being changed is how it affects everyone. Content being designed around replays affects everyone. Not a tough concept to understand. And i dont say that to be rude. Its just that obvious.
    • Like x 1
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*laughs*

Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Nowhere did I mention difficulty, you suggested that and than went from there.

Those who use replay badges just make it more lucrative to find more ways for them to be utilized and in some cases excessively utilized. It's the same reason why the drop rates won't change in TC's... too many people spend with the way they currently are so why on earth should they alter them.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

There was nothing wrong with monthly content except that the dev team couldn't keep up without sacrificing quality. I can't remember a period I was bored except when significant sections of the content were too difficult to play; and that happened both quarterly (Origin Crisis) and monthly (DWF).

And uneven playing field? That's all people like you want! Constantly griping about content not being difficult enough to separate people. How is that even? "Even" for you and your friends, I suppose.

As for other MMOs, I don't play them so have no idea. If you're happier there, then that's where you should be.

Oh, and right back at ya on your continued condescending winks across this forum.

[IMG]

But please, continue to mansplain to all us simpletons who don't have the common intelligence to understand the great and wonderful you.
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Why does it need to change? Because you don't like it? No one is making you pay anything. As we've heard so often, apparently even wee babies can beat this oh so easy content, so you shouldn't need any help.

As for why I mentioned difficulty? I'm just trying to figure out why replays are an issue. This thread started with a narrative on progressive difficulty; that was a place to start. As it turns out, you just don't like it.
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

This thread did start out as a narrative for progressive difficulty, and instead of trying to head on tackle that narrative (or if you did prior to the post I quoted I missed it) you basically came out swinging saying why would anyones replay usage be anyone's business but the spender.

You can state that I don't like everything the way it currently exists in the game, that's highly accurate for a variety of reasons. But trying to make it black and white by saying I dislike replays and that's my issue with it is beyond silly.

As lightfx stated this is the only game that truly has a system quite like the one we have... the only one (and I will literally start laughing like crazy if you honestly state more games should have a system like this one... because it doesn't even really work for this one) that should tell you something (especially since their are several other MMO's that have similar systems to each other with far more active paying populations).

For the record, better progression, like what was requested for in the OP, is beyond this game at this point. The "current community" and more than likely any future members to this community can't handle progression like that. Granted it is something that several folks miss but it just wouldn't work for this game anymore.