Price of Synth Mods and CR Lockouts

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BumblingB, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Synth Vs are now 3125 per, that actually puts it at 10 MoR not 5. 84CR
    Synth V Experts are 6250, which makes it 20 MoR. 90CR

Okay, I can live with that, but!

Synth Vs are only 50 MoV. No CR.
    Synth V Experts are only 100 MoV. No CR.

So in other words, you now have a shortcut to getting synth mods if you want. Is this intended to have a no cr lockout, considering you can use one for the other? I understand that MoF > MoT is 3125, which is one synth mod, but we are looking at a shortcut through PvP that again circumvents the PvE leveling system.

To fix this, it would be a good idea to add a "for PvP" and "for PvE" on synth mods only. Have crafted ones work on both, but the synth ones can't be used on either.
    • Like x 1
  2. AgentX44 Committed Player

isnt this how it is in live now? the only lock in live was the marks lock in the pve synths.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

But there was no expert mods. I also didn't know there was a CR lock on the PvE set. It should be either no CR lock on them or a lock between PvE and PvP. Can't be one sided.
    • Like x 1
  4. Drakonicus New Player

I am the only one who wished mods didnt affected your CR ? But yes, they need to sort out the "PVE gear in PVP", asap
    • Like x 3
  5. BumblingB I got better.

It's not like they couldn't do it. They do it for your pets. They are based on unmodded gear, not modded. They used to be though and apparently were hitting at T5 level. lol
  6. Drakonicus New Player

Dear lord, *****storm that woud come if Mods no longer affected CR calculation..."Change it or i will unsub", "You dont listen to your players"....
  7. BumblingB I got better.

LOL More than the storm that happened when people found out they had to mod to get into T5 content? Full 78 gear and couldn't get in. I think now, with the lowering of the solos, you can with a 71 weapon and a good trinket and rings/neck. Since they lowered it.
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No they are the same price per Mark of Reality. The problem is the conversion is 315 Marks of Triumph per Mark of Reality. The conversion should actually be 625 Marks of Triumph per Mark of Reality.
    • Like x 1
  9. AgentX44 Committed Player

but id doubt that people that can afford the synths pvp side is not skilled enough to do high end content pve side. so i think thats the balance. but i do agree it should be consistent.
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Also because Marks of Fury currently convert at 1500 Marks of Triumph for 1 Mark of Reality Synthetic VI Mods should cost 7500 Marks of Triumph and Synthetic VI Expert Mods should cost 15000 Marks of Triumph when they are released. That should double at the end of tier 6 when Marks of Furry will convert at 3125 Marks of Triumph each.

You can reach my other thread for more details and my request to fix the conversion rate and tier 5 pricing: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ark-of-reality-conversion-tier-5-gear.198659/
    • Like x 1