Preview: New Movement Variant Skimming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This was my first thought too. Female and Male already have different poses for some of their personalities, so why can't there just be a different pose on the discs depending on the sex of your character?
    • Like x 1
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Maybe standartize. They couldn't want make different poses, because add couple of code strings means increase difficulty of program (tho very-very-very slightly)& respectively here could be bugs (or at least half of a bug o_O).
    Another reason is probably making two different poses means slightly more PS3 memory will be required (comparing to 1 pose).
    Third reason, as far l can imagine is they erased all files, those hold data of that pose & didn't any backups. Although every piece of content that done in game should be stored if change is made (in case bump it become worthy some day, just like Blue Lantern outfit made prior to WoL #1), so this variant is very unlikely, unless they completely hammered on accident prevention :p
  3. speedster1981 Committed Player

Hey did I miss something or did they say anything bout a release date for Skimming?
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's on Test at the moment. It will *probably* release on Live in about 2 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  5. speedster1981 Committed Player

once seasonal is over right...lol
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Anyone know if its faster than flight in combat ? I wanna switch to it but if it sucks for pick ups i'm not changing.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Maybe, maybe not. Skimming is on Test right now and the seasonal is still there too.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's the same.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUController New Player

they could postpone the release of skimming all together and release different types of skimming that had different poses/personalities ?
  10. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I have a supernatural character and would like the option to have either no noise (other than normal flight) or some other quieter sound that doesn't scream TECH like the current annoying humming noise does.

I also agree on it would be nice to have different skins for the flight platform like glider (hobgoblin), one disc (static), surfboard (you know who), none (for those of us who just want to fly upright and not have to strain our necks to look around) etc
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I doubt they would need to postpone it even if they did decide to do that. When Skimming was shown originally there was such a big negative response to the pose that they had it changed within two days.
  12. DCUController New Player

but that would be the most logical idea no? have different styles available to buy instead of just 1 generic version, that way you buy the 1 u want and its unique with each character based on how they wanna stand when standing still.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It would be nice yes, but not ideal at this time. If they did that for Skimming then we would just get a raft of threads complaining about how Flight, Acrobatics and SuperSpeed don't have idle stances that change depending on your personality.
  14. DCUController New Player

which is brings up another topic lol

why don't they? I mean they been here since what beta? why haven't they had anything new added for the movement modes since, like personality types and such.
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Spytle did say recently that they have plans to introduce movement skins in the future, so there coule be stuff like fire flight, rocks underfoot instead of skimming discs etc. It's still just in the planning stages though, we won't be seeing them any time soon.
  16. Swiftduck Loyal Player

well they better do it soon because the current style for the discs looks really bad IMO