Pretty disappointed with Kryptonian lair.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Rising, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

You should have made it at least as big as the Manor.

Been waiting for this for almost a decade and it's just 'Meh'.

A big as the Manor but a 3 level base/layout like Brainiac/Atlantean. That would have been really worth the $$$.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sure... a BiGger Lair would have been nice....

But the Lair looks pretty Awesome!! ;)

Not sure why they did not make it BiGger........
    but after about 10 years of asking and asking for a Superman Lair....
    Here we are. ;)
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It's a matter of taste, some like large bases, some like small ones. In general, for those who like to build bases, this size is more convenient, with bases such as manor and a limit of 700 base items, it is difficult to create a base without sacrificing the details, fullness and atmosphere of the base... of course, if someone is limited to a couple of chairs and a couple of posters on walls, it probably makes no difference to him...
    • Like x 3
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What makes me reluctant to buy one is not the size but the placement of items. Its very frustrating not being able to place items on some walls or areas. Maybe down the road but I have to hold off for now.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

I think the base is pretty big, what makes it look small is the fact there is a whole outside area you can't really get to and place items there - so it makes the base feels smaller in that regard. I think the way they created some parts of the lair made it impossible for the system to place item there, hence why some walls are like that. I know where the terminal to go into decoration mode - you can't place anything, you can try, but it will throw the item back in your base inventory.

This makes me wonder how they will go about a Themysciran base, will it be a completely outside base, how will they make placing items work - etc. I think as Rejchadar said, matter of personal taste. Maybe one day we will get a Sunstone Fortress League Hall? Who knows, and then it will be even bigger and better to decorate (If they up the limit like they promised, too.)
    • Like x 3
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

There is one trick there, if you put the base items in a place where it doesn’t disappear, then from this place you can move it to those places where you couldn’t put anything before... although there are still places (opposite the exit from the base ;/ ) with which after the restart disappear and are transferred back to the inventory...
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Thank you! Will test it out when I get on later today. Yeah this sucks, I am not so sure if It's a bug or intended because of placing of amenities and such.
  8. Eve YouTuber

Thanks this worked for the most part. The wall is the issue now, I try to place the Hoarfrost Wall item and it just goes back into my inventory and gives me a error sound. You also can't place it anywhere else in the base so I can only try in the entrance, which it doesn't work.
  9. Sollace Well-Known Player

Personally, I'm only disappointed on one point, and that's the lack of a cross-wall, which could have been a little more present in the base.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've done this or at least tried it in my League Hall and it always ended up disappearing and back in the inventory. But hey, if it actually works in some places, then that's awesome.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I bought it and had some fun with it, I'm actually glad it's not a full size base, I actually prefer the smaller ones and it was nice to see one with a different foot print.
    • Like x 6
  12. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

One thing I was worried about when watching tours was it seemed as though I would not have a place for my 2 Story ice-brick walls, which would have been superrr annoying. But, fyi for all, you can place them on the edge of the second floor in the middle room!

It’s a bit smaller than I expected, but what I really wish was different was I wish we could zoom out a bit more from the balcony and see the base from there.
  13. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

That only worked for me until I logged out then it cleared the items from that location.
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Biggest disappointment is there’s no base item that has a sign saying NO BATMAN ALLOWED with Bat’s head and a caution symbol crossing him out. Haha like LEGO Justice League, amirite? ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"Pretty disappointed with Kryptonian lair."
    Didn't even have to say this much to color me not surprised lol.
  17. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

First, I LOVE having a fortress lair. I think it looks amazing and I hope to see more lair offerings. The outside area was spot on for me.

Second. I would love for the lair to be much larger, hold way more objects, and to have a variety of different sized rooms.
    More lair items, coordinated room designs, rugs, furniture, pictures, Wallpaper, etc. Things to do while in lair. Permeant sound choices that stay on. Give me the ability to build the lair of my dreams by giving me loads of new content coming out regularly and guess what?

I'll happily pay for ALL of it.
    Sure make some stuff free as always but some of us are happy to throw some disposable income at digital stuff.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ryll Committed Player

The thing with lairs is they are what you make of them. Personally, I think the size is fine and for my base....I would probably like another 100 on the count to add filler decorations. That's in large part due to how I decorated this theme though.

Here's my base if you wanted to check it out:
    • Like x 3
  19. Sollace Well-Known Player

TESO is a perfect example of what DCUO could do with housing, the housing in TESO is incredible, you can clearly feel the passion of the TESO devs for it, I really hope the new DCUO team can show as much passion for housing.

The concept of the first DCUO base is horribly badly done, in fact, I've always wondered if they didn't have a drunken night to validate such a poorly conceived thing...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. BriWi Well-Known Player

I want to know when the devs will allow us to apply a color scheme to the fortress lair. the design is really nice but the gray motif is kinda drab. How about it devs?
    • Like x 1