PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

If you alt-tab out of game and look at Steam, you will see that Steam is constantly updating to put up advertisements and specials. It's even doing that behind the scenes while you're playing your game. Steam knows that you aren't looking at it, but they still gobble up your bandwidth to literally put hidden ads on your screen. I, too, am not a fan.

Ever since the awful Mediacom provider (my only internet option here) eliminated their 'Unlimited' option and put in place mandatory data caps, I go over on internet literally every month. I am signed up for their highest package, and I still exceed it, just based off of streaming internet for television and playing video games online.

In consideration of that, a program that wants to waste my internet so that it can constantly run ads in the background is not only unnecessary, it's actively costing me money. I'll just stick with the launcher.
    • Like x 1
  2. omar0040 New Player

Is there any update on a fix for this? I crashed twice in 40 mins...
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Last update was yesterday morning, still bug hunting. They haven't found/fixed the cause yet, but Mepps let us know they are still working on it.
  4. dresserball Dedicated Player

Still DCed just waiting on my base.
  5. Lord Brutality Active Player

I renewed my membership; Have badges and Market Points to use and I'm still not going to play until this is resolved.

I feel I crash more then anyone. Hard crashes that need PC resetting. I've posted in this thread maybe 3 to 4 times. Not going to get in to it.

Please let us know when you have a solid fix to this. Not just a assumption that you guys think you solved the problem.
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

My friend crashed... lol :rolleyes::p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

A usual crashing when browisng styles...
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

Crashed again last night. There also seems to be more lag then normal.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I meant to post this last night, but the last two crashes were different than before. Usually I just lagged a bit and then the report window popped up. The last two times I crashed, both while playing last night, my entire screen went black (I play the game windowed) and after about two/three seconds the crash reporter popped up, and the remainder of the screen returned, but the game window itself stayed black while I filled out and sent in the report.

I haven't changed any settings on my computer, so there's a decent chance this has something to do with the fix? I don't know, but the more information, hopefully the better in figuring this thing out.

Anyone else experience anything similar, or was this just my machine?
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

For me my screen froze for 3 seconds, and then it went back to running normal with the error screen up, too. But then voice chat dropped out, certain body parts of my teammates began invisable/incorrectly rendering, and could not resolve it without doing a full exit from the game. (I tried doing a quick log out and back in and the issues were still there.)
    • Like x 1
  11. Ekart Committed Player

I crashed today 6 times. 5 times when I tried to log back in. Instead of the new ad spamming system this should be addressed first.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we have the final fix complete. Testing will continue over the weekend, for (hopefully) a client hotfix on Monday.
    • Like x 10
  13. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Sounds good Mepps and thanks for keeping us updated. Could you also let us know what the root cause was if the fix works as I'm dying to know from a technical point of view?
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

*fingers crossed*
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Consoles have very cautious restrictions and processes in place to monitor the amount of memory used in the texture cache (mainly what styles people are wearing) with their lower, limited specs. This hasn't ever been an issue on PC, and wasn't ever expected to be be, that we would hit a cache size that would cause an issue in the pc client.

We keep adding more and better textures to the game. 8.5 years later we hit a limit. In this run of issues, there were other crashes in two places in the code not really related (that we fixed in hotfix 1 and 2), and then this third issue. Generally speaking, we didn't have enough characters loaded internally to reproduce the issue directly, and we were looking for a memory leak causing problems, not for memory working as intended to cause the problem.

The team is confident we're there on the fix, but of course we will be looking for confirmation from everyone whenever the hotfix is live.
    • Like x 9
  16. Rainnifer Committed Player

Sounds really promising, I'm excited! Thank you.
  17. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Hopefully goes well, I keep crashing looking at my league hall base inventory :/
  18. bazing69 Level 30

Ingame chat wasnt working when i logged back in so i valadated my game .Now i get ingame and poof pc client crash 3rd tie now .this has never happen before
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

how can i do well in sm with this stuff:

[IMG]
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

i am happy to report i did not crash tonight. i ran shatted gotham and fellowship arcane regular raids a few times on a few toons. again.....each time i switched toons, i exited the game and relaunched. 30-45 minute sessions. i figured i'm dumping the game out of memory and starting fresh each time i log in.

coincidence? perhaps.