NPC's hitting too hard post GU80

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t worry, it’s not actually a nerf I’m after. I just want people to stop belittling each other. :(
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you want people to stop "exaggerating" how easy the game is, then you may want to stop exaggerating how hard generally easy content is. Who are you to talk about passive agressive suggestions? I've seen you jump in head first in more threads I can count just because the topic of discussion is difficulty in content that goes against your own, personal comfort zone.

With all your previous posts in regards of this topic, you're not fooling anyone.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well I’m clearly fooling myself because I have no idea what you’re getting at with that last sentence. I’m not exaggerating anything, I know the mechanics and I know how fast they can destroy you if you mess up slightly or are just plain unlucky, even before you factor the rest of your team in. I have mostly easy runs too, but the threats are there and you people pretending otherwise makes the game a much more miserable, high-pressure experience than it should be.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

You have literally made a previous thread about this where you basically ended up retracting your statement on the matter. Now all of a sudden you're right back at it when nothing in the alert have changed since then, so yes, you are exaggerating. Just as you have in previous threads where you've been quick to scream "doom & gloom" as soon as you see someone bring up feedback in regards of content and difficulty that doesn't personally fit you.
  5. Ully Committed Player

Has anyone completed Zoo e since the hotfix ? Wondering if the hotfix addressed the issues.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It is not condescension to tell someone they're doing it wrong or playing incorrectly.

It is a statement of fact and an observation.

You don't nerf the content because people don't block and roll and people don't lunge.

It is not condescending for someone to point that out at all.

Clearly the tankplayer getting destroyed in the alert needs to work on his game.

That is not a bad thing; its just obvious that's what it is rather than the content itself, because the content hasn't changed.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I want an endgame version of all content that fits me, yes. But compare what I said about my experience with Talia in ZooE to anything I’ve said about IS or indeed any normal content. I hold normal and elite content to different standards, and I don’t think that’s an unreasonable thing to do, frankly.

I simply want to be able to advance my toons and experience all the story content enough times to pick up all the nuances, without having to commit to an hour+ heart-stopper 1-4 times a week.

I do enjoy being challenged from time to time, hence why I bit the bullet and helped that leaguemate with the Talia battle. Oh, and won after several attempts, despite this attack that people who frequently look down on me and others decried as “unfair”. Will I be doing it again this week? AW HELL NO. Because I just can’t handle that level of stress at regularly scheduled intervals.

Should I miss out on extra marks and boss-specific collection drops each week because of that? No. That’s why we have normal and elite, and should continue to do so.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You implied that he doesn’t already know how to do those things. I’m pretty sure he does. It just hadn’t occurred to him to try it in that context.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

So now you are once again trying to take shots implying that people are wrong to adress something that actually was a bit off since the update? That's what the deal was in the Talia fight, hence why Mepps himself adressed it and devs made a hotfix for it. Don't come here and try that attitude because you managed to pass an Elite bossfight that is totally irrelevant to what some people are asking for here, hence a nerf to an alert that was never made broken before or after the update.

Why do you talk about missing extra marks and boss specific collections each week? Where are you getting this nonsense form? No one but you have brought up this, it's getting silly at this point. Just sit down.
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Because some people want to spam damage and not follow mechanics is not a valid reason for a nerf. That is all.

EDIT: One shots are obviously a valid reason for a nerf.
    • Like x 3
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Man, you're really getting desperate here. You take anything he says then twist it to fit your agenda, which is namely, contradict anything he says. He never advocated for nerfing this alert. He's explained it five times. He just said it was odd to have an attack that can one-shot players in a regular alert, as if it were an elite alert. Did UT ever one-shot players? Even ones who didn't follow the mechanics? Has any alert that's not an elite alert ever one-shotted players (even ones who don't follow the mechanics)? Even RoTB, as damage-intensive as it was, never one-shotted players who stood in the gas, or stood in front of man-bat or triggered every single camera possible.

It's clear from your posts however, that the real issue isn't the difficulty of content that bothers you. You have turned this into personal attacks, so no matter what he responds, you'll attack him for it. Prove me wrong.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is little, if anything, of value being presented as this discussion continues. We are digging into what overall changes may need to be made, in addition to the specific few examples presented.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.