New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

NEW IN THE MARKETPLACE: BOOSTER BUNDLE

Now available for a limited time: the Booster Bundle! Packed full of the most useful convenience items and all-new jaw dropping styles, the Booster Bundle is one of the best deals in DC Universe Online.

The Booster Bundle returns with the most-needed marketplace convenience items and the new Booster Reward Box. The Booster Reward Box will reward one of seven new Auras OR one of six packs all-new Chroma Materials. Chroma Materials allow for preset color customization on the different channels of gear colors, and each pack comes with three variants of the same color palette. Details below!

Each Booster Bundle costs 1000 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (PS, Xbox), and comes with over $10 of marketplace convenience items. Here's the full list:
    • 150 Replay Badges
    • 1 Artifact 1000 XP Pack
    • 1 Nth Metal Detector
    • 1 Radar Enhancer
    • 1 Proto Repair Bot
    • 1 Vault Ticket
    • Bonus: 1 Booster Reward Box
    The bonus Booster Reward Box will include one random item of the eight listed below, all of which are brand new to the game and tradeable:
    • Metallic Chroma Reward Box: This box offers you the choice between six different packs of Chroma Materials. Each pack includes three variants of the chosen color.
      • Blue Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three blue variant Chromas)
      • Green Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three green variant Chromas)
      • Orange Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three orange variant Chromas)
      • Purple Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three purple variant Chromas)
      • Red Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three red variant Chromas)
      • Yellow Metallic Chroma Reward Box (three yellow variant Chromas)
    • Gleaming Orange Aura
    • Gleaming Blue Aura
    • Yellow Tesla Aura
    • White Tesla Aura
    • Purple Tesla Aura
    • Orange Tesla Aura
    • Green Tesla Aura
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Booster Bundle will only be available for a limited time, from May 29, 2019, through June 23, 2019. Chroma Reward Boxes are tradeable. The individual color variant materials are not tradeable.

Miss the preview livestream? Watch the replay here:

• Like x 4
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

the new green tesla aura and red metallic chroma materials looks cool other than that i'm just gonna wait for the new time capsule I think
    • Like x 1
  3. Doom Patroller Active Player

Can we get a PvP Repair Bot in the next Booster Bundle instead of (or in addition to) the Proto Repair one? Looking forward to that.
  4. spedog Active Player

In regard to the Booster Bundle...is it me or is it a LOT ridiculous to make someone pay for something and then say "Hey, now that I have your cash, what you get it TOTALLY random."?
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so are we getting a new capsule at some point? or would it be safe to presume one will be coming with episode 35?
    • Like x 1
  6. metro2k Well-Known Player

I bought for 9 euro and... I am very disappointed.
    I got a horrible random aura that I wouldn't even get for free.
    These peoples are too stingy.
    I advise you not to buy it
    • Like x 1
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

you did get the aura for free. It's a bonus. You got 10 bucks worth of stuff in the bundle before you ever opened the bonus box.
    • Like x 2
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

According to the livestream, episode 35 is “waaaaay in the future”, so I would say a new time cap before the next episode (probably right after this booster bundle ends on June 23).

I had thought next episode around the end of July, but no idea after that livestream statement. And I did consider that SJ was being cute or dropping a Legion of Super-heroes hint, but the look on her face wouldn’t match that. In my opinion, she was conveying that it really is a long ways off.
    • Like x 2
  9. metro2k Well-Known Player

10. Sunshine254 Level 30

Will the Booster Bundles be added to the loyalty vendor also?
  11. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

That is a lie. I bought 1 and got a nth metal detector, 1 repair bot, 1 flawless nth metal (1000xp), and in the bonus box... a purple tesla aura. $10 for that? I rarely get on here and complain about stuff but this is ridiculous. They could have at least threw in unlocked time capsules (1 each).

**edit** Just noticed the replays. I guess its balanced.
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope, not a lie. If you find all of the items separately in the Market Place, you will find that it would cost you at least $10 to buy them all, an then you got the aura in addition to those items that would have cost you $10. Whether or not you think all of those things are worth $10 is another matter entirely, and entirely down to personal opinion - the fact still remains that they would have cost you that much to buy them.

Edit: And the description of the Booster Bundle tells you exactly what you are getting for your money.
    • Like x 3
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

At some point Daybreak you're gonna need to put new auras and materials in the marketplace for direct purchase. The focus on this RNG gamble box nonsense has gone on too long.
    • Like x 1
  14. spedog Active Player

This is just infuriating...4 flipping bundles since this came out and it's ALL FREAKING AURAS! I would never have bought these and I'd hoped for material for a change, but now I'm a sucker. Grr...I feel stupid and cheated. Yay!
    • Like x 1
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

You have the rest of the items in the bundle to enjoy. Save those 1000 nth metals for double nth metal weekends. As well as the nth metal detectors to either sale or farm nth metal caches for nth metal double weekends too.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

How were you cheated? Did you not get what was advertised? o_O
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No, but I am happy to get goods equal to the value of the money I spent, plus a FREE bonus item (whatever it might be) that I can sell in game if I don't like it.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

You knew it was a chance when you bought it... Nobody cheated you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Cool.

Now take all those items separately and from the marketplace and add up their cost. i think they actually add up to 1050 mp bucks, so you're saving fifty cents.

AND you get a bonus aura/rare aura/chroma box that the RNG gods bestow upon you.
  20. Maxwill Dedicated Player

Will the Chrome Box ever come back to dcuo or is it exclusive to this booster bundle only ? like the cosmic material, nimbus aura, solar aura ,etc rare items were exclusive to a Booster Bundle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.